Remarkable reshaping of roster in 54 weeks

For the record, most is synonymous with majority. As in, "51% of posters mock The Brain Drain."="The majority of posters mock The Brain Drain."="Most posters mock The Brain Drain."

Pitino signed 9 kids in 2 recruiting classes...number of weeks is not relevant. Scholarships are allotted by seasons not by weeks my good man....Oto is certainly healthy enough to play next season do not kid yourself. Oto has decided he is ready to move on from the gopher basketball phase of his life.

Brain Trust = Captain Obvious

Oh Christ, you're serious aren't you? Let me try to explain this to you. Oto has a degenerative condition in his knee from past surgeries. It's not a ACL or MCL where he can't put any weight on it, needs to be on crutches, but can rehab it & come back 100% next season. There is no coming back 100%, ever. If he rests it, it's gets better temporarily. When he tries to play on it, it gets worse again. i.e. He can't practice every day & play big minutes in the games like he had been trying to do without be hobbled. You could see it as the season wore on. He could in theory, not practice with the team & just play spot minutes in games for us next year, but that's not what they've decided to do.

All you had to do was look at the FSU game where he played 32 minutes & played as well or better as any 4 all year in that win. The following game he was noticeably hobbled & only played 6 minutes. It wasn't that Joey King was playing at such a high level that Oto couldn't get any minutes, he just couldn't go for more than a few minutes on the knee. That's all there is to it, no faked injury conspiracy here.

. That's all there is to it, no faked injury conspiracy here....who said their was...the silence is deafening! Oto played 30+ minutes in NIT semi. He has better things to do then come off the bench and deal with knee pain. Probably will have degree before next season..

. That's all there is to it, no faked injury conspiracy here....who said their was...the silence is deafening! Oto played 30+ minutes in NIT semi. He has better things to do then come off the bench and deal with knee pain. Probably will have degree before next season..

I don't get what you're trying to say. Oto has better things to do - at that moment in Madison Square Garden in the semifinals of the NIT championship in what conceivably could have been the final game of his playing career - than try to play through pain and help his team? What better things did he have to do at that moment? Take a ferry trip around Liberty Island? Eat a cannoli at Il Mulino? Catch a late showing of Jersey Boys?

I went through the transfer list. Eight of the twelve Big Ten teams (didn't check Rutgers and Maryland) have players leaving as transfers.

NU and Indiana each have three leaving (includes a walk-on for each), Purdue and Iowa each has two and Nebraska has one scholarship and one walk-on. Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota have one transfer each.

One of Iowa's transfers this year was a temporary walk-on scholarship player (like Shell). If you take the regular scholarship players, they had one in each of the past two years.

Also Tubby's recruits backed out...attrition is not inherently negative. Most big ten schools do not have transfers every year.
...to make 9, also known as 75% of the current B1G teams...
Ok my good man lets say there are 11 balls in a bucket 6 are blue and 5 are red ....most of the balls in this bucket are blue true or false? Kapish now!

O.K. Brain Rust, here is the sequence of posts.

Do you really not understand what you said?

Great thread though. I'd give it a 14 out of 15.

Funny how some users pick the most inappropriate User Name, Brain Trust for example, while others are perfect, like Selection Sunday.

Mine just helps me find my seat.

Keep digging you're almost to China

I had a much more pointed response, I edited it as I knew the GH Mod Squad would have deleted it as well.... It went along the lines of red ball blue ball and math.... Wasn't going to hit home for Brain Rust for sure.

Why would you want someone who wasn't going to buy in?

Did we know that Not-So-Big Mo would buy in the way he did? No one can predict what would have happened if Joe stayed, but most people here think that he would have fit hand-in-glove with this system.

I have absolutely no regrets about seeing Joe Coleman leave. I would have preferred Alvin Ellis and that doesn't even bother me. Coleman was and probably still is a very flawed guard.

I have absolutely no regrets about seeing Joe Coleman leave. I would have preferred Alvin Ellis and that doesn't even bother me. Coleman was and probably still is a very flawed guard.

Madtown, your last sentence says it all. Coleman WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL MINNESOTA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE. When he had to compete with outstanding high school athletes from around the nation, his flaws were exposed, and it was proven that he was a marginal B1G basketball player at best.

I was never a big Coleman fan but I never bad mouthed him.

Coleman exposed one of Tubby's shortcomings, and that was Tubby's inability to get the top NATIONAL recruits on a regular basis.

Public opinion swayed Tubby. Until Teague came on board and read thru it all in a short period of time.

According to Richard, he wanted to play so let him play. I am not sure if other wanted to play too. Richard comes from a nice family when a player wants to play he says ok.

Madtown, your last sentence says it all. Coleman WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL MINNESOTA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE. When he had to compete with outstanding high school athletes from around the nation, his flaws were exposed, and it was proven that he was a marginal B1G basketball player at best.

I was never a big Coleman fan but I never bad mouthed him.

Coleman exposed one of Tubby's shortcomings, and that was Tubby's inability to get the top NATIONAL recruits on a regular basis.

Public opinion swayed Tubby. Until Teague came on board and read thru it all in a short period of time.

Exactly how did COLEMAN do that?

Why would you want someone who wasn't going to buy in?

Well, I guess I wouldn't want someone who I know "wasn't going to buy in," but I have no way of really knowing that. All I know is that Coleman transferred for one reason or another. Furthermore, I would assert that few people really know the true translation of the phrase "buying in" or "not buying in." It seems like one of those ambiguous phrases people use when they don't really want to go into the full reasons or they are incapable of articulating them. It's sort of like the phrase "problem solving (or decision making) skills." Hard to define what that means. When someone says we look for people with problem solving skills, I think what they are really saying is that they hope not to hire stupid people.

Back to my reasons for wishing Joe were still here. I thought he had a nice developing mid-range game and I'm fairly confident that he would have been a more consistently effective option off the bench that Malik Smith was this year.

Exactly how did COLEMAN do that?

Coleman was the epitome of a glorious MINNESOTA high school athlete who fell far short of GH expectations. He was given as much public exposure as Tubby could give him, and Coleman failed us. Hence he transferred once a new Coach took over.

Those who are Coleman fans will disagree, but I still maintain that Coleman played in a league a level or two above his abilities. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

Coleman was the epitome of a glorious MINNESOTA high school athlete who fell far short of GH expectations. He was given as much public exposure as Tubby could give him, and Coleman failed us. Hence he transferred once a new Coach took over.

Those who are Coleman fans will disagree, but I still maintain that Coleman played in a league a level or two above his abilities. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

This is the person who thinks 98% of the Gopherhole is off the rails and obviously thinks of himself as the 2%.

Perhaps you are unaware that playing a single game out of desperation doesn't mean that he can play an entire season and off-season. You continue to impress.

By move on from Gopher basketball, you mean working as an assistant to the team, right?

Have any proof that he is healthy enough to play next year?
I guess you are not aware that the gophers won the NIT this year and Oto played 32 minutes in NIT semifinal game

How does any of this....

Have to do with any of....

This?

Top Bottom