Evan Daniels: Bakary Konate Commits to the U!

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bakary Konate just committed to Richard Pitino and Minnesota, per a source.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/459028301688741888">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully him and gaston are more athletic than walker and Eliason

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hear Konate has some serious upside. The Gophers now have five commitments in their 2014 recruiting class.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/459028903676235776">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm liking the athleticism we are adding to the front court. Konate, Gaston, and Martin are all top-notch athletes.

Must have got the results he needed on the ACT, definitely seem to be building depth at the 4/5 spot.

Went to the Illinois/Gopher game with my buddy. At half time we went to the men's room near the Subway store. Watched Konate and the Egyptian recruit come out of the can. The Egyptian guy was so tall he had to duck to keep from hitting his head on the cement block door casing. Konate is a few inches shorter and didn't have to duck. Seemed as though he had long wingspan, etc. though. From what I've heard great addition to Gophers.

Alright, now I need to finally learn how to pronounce his name.

BOCK-ar-ay Ko-NOT-tay?

Good news! Well that pretty much wraps up the 2014 class assuming Lofton's academics work out. Will be good to focus squarely on 2015 now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bakary Konate's high school coach confirms commitment. Why'd he pick Minnesota? Story: <a href="http://t.co/0CqDBrRfzV">http://t.co/0CqDBrRfzV</a></p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/459031784076738560">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Went to the Illinois/Gopher game with my buddy. At half time we went to the men's room near the Subway store. Watched Konate and the Egyptian recruit come out of the can. The Egyptian guy was so tall he had to duck to keep from hitting his head on the cement block door casing. Konate is a few inches shorter and didn't have to duck. Seemed as though he had long wingspan, etc. though. From what I've heard great addition to Gophers.

Anas Is listed at 7'2 and Konate at around 6'11 so that sounds about right.

This news is kind of bittersweet. With the likely committment from Lofton it seems we are done recruiting for 2014.

Good. The front court had me really worried a few weeks back.

Anas Is listed at 7'2 and Konate at around 6'11 so that sounds about right. This news is kind of bittersweet. With the likely committment from Lofton it seems we are done recruiting for 2014.

There is always the chance a scholarship will open up. I have a feeling that if Lofton and Justin Martin both want to be here, they will be.

Anas Is listed at 7'2 and Konate at around 6'11 so that sounds about right.

This news is kind of bittersweet. With the likely committment from Lofton it seems we are done recruiting for 2014.

Now that is one big Anas!!!

Good to hear. Hopefully no losses next year will be because the other team got 57 offensive rebounds.

There is always the chance a scholarship will open up. I have a feeling that if Lofton and Justin Martin both want to be here, they will be.

The only likely candidate is Buggs. Given his surgery, I doubt he's going anywhere voluntarily. I suspect they will stall either Lofton or Gaston until Martin decides.

We need a cool nickname in the event Gaston (Senegal) and Bakary (Mali) are on the court at the same time next year.

West-African Widowmakers
Sub-Saharan Slammers

I got nothing...

The only likely candidate is Buggs. Given his surgery, I doubt he's going anywhere voluntarily. I suspect they will stall either Lofton or Gaston until Martin decides.

I could see one of EE/Mo as well. Both likely graduating this year and may want more playing time their senior year a la Colton Iverson. Along with Buggs those are the only ones I'd guess.

That said, enough transfer talk! Lol

Welcome to the team and I hope he has a great 4 years here. Always good to add size and athleticism. Love the pick up!

I could see one of EE/Mo as well. Both likely graduating this year and may want more playing time their senior year a la Colton Iverson. Along with Buggs those are the only ones I'd guess.

That said, enough transfer talk! Lol

Welcome to the team and I hope he has a great 4 years here. Always good to add size and athleticism. Love the pick up!

Great news, I love what I've seen of Konate.

I think there's very little chance Mo or EE will transfer. Mo has flourished under Pitino and established himself as one of the go-to players on offense. EE is still starter and probably our best defensive player - there's no way his minutes will be reduced next year. Also a high character kid who, I think, takes his role as captain very seriously.

Great news, I love what I've seen of Konate.

I think there's very little chance Mo or EE will transfer. Mo has flourished under Pitino and established himself as one of the go-to players on offense. EE is still starter and probably our best defensive player - there's no way his minutes will be reduced next year. Also a high character kid who, I think, takes his role as captain very seriously.

I agree. They know they have roles and with their penchant for fouls, playing time will be there.
Go Gophers! Young Pitino seems to be delivering.

DraftExpress eval

has his DOB as 12/15/1993, that makes him 20 years old? and 21 years old the first month into his freshman season? is this right?

Good signing! Now get a transfer wing who can play right away next year and it'll be a good class, and then go out make the 2015 class even better

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

has his DOB as 12/15/1993, that makes him 20 years old? and 21 years old the first month into his freshman season? is this right?

Yes. Between him Gaston and Lofton we are going to have some old guys for the next 3-4 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Have a difficult time believing either EE or Mo would want to transfer. Can't see it. Program on an up-tick (for now). Key roles await them for their senior seasons. Would be foolish for either one to leave. It's not like Konate and Diedhiou are 5-stars knocking down the door to take their playing time, though I have no doubt the Hole will have them turned into 5-stars by the time Midnight Madness arrives!

Top Bottom