2014 Game Times

Golden Goldy

Reaction score
I want to buy season tickets this Fall, but I work nearly every Saturday morning until Noon. Basically, I'm worried I will have to sell/donate most of my tickets. Historically, kick-off has been at 11 a.m. Right?

Is it a lost cause? Could our University ever have any night games? S.O.S.!

-Loyal Gopher Fan wanting to spend money on this great University

Probably wouldn't be the best investment for you unless your job situation changes. You can expect about half of our games to be 11am games depending on the year.

If you want to believe lying S.O.B. Jim Delaney, one of the conference's goals was to have it so no game started before noon local time. That hasn't exactly come to fruition.

I hate to discourage anyone from buying season tix but given your work hours and our history of 11:00 starts, I wouldn't do it. I hate it because my son often has activities on Saturday mornings. We are discouraging a younger audience from becoming future fans. I don't think Delany sees or cares about the long term implication of AM starts.

I dropped my tickets last year because I have two boys that eat and sleep football, but had games Saturday mornings. I think last year we would have been able to make it to 1 home game.

^ case and point! I'm guessing your sons would love to play in the morning and watch what could be their team in the afternoon. I hate hearing these stories!!!

Top Bottom