Golden Gopher Football: Who Will Be the 2014 Offensive Breakout Players For Gophers

Killjoy, you have totally opened a thread that will allow lots of people to display their ignorance of the whole picture. Good luck, my friend.

Dr. Don

Tis the season for optimism and speculation.

Crack another cold one. I just did. A Summit Saga, by the way.

Obviously it would be huge if Leidner emerged as a top half of the BT type of QB and has a big breakout year, but I also really want to see a young WR emerge. We saw it last year with Jones but if we can get an Eric Carter or Melvin Holland to be a legit Big Ten threat, it makes everyone around them better and opens things up for the running game.

Killjoy, you have totally opened a thread that will allow lots of people to display their ignorance of the whole picture. Good luck, my friend.

Dr. Don, having a conversation about who may have a breakout season is what message boards are for. You really don't get that, but I refuse to hijack this thread like you always want to do, so I will post a couple of more guys who I would love to see have breakout seasons on offense: Isaiah Gentry and of course Berkley Edwards! We have a lot of potential play makers on this offense that are freshman and sophomores which is very exciting.

The obvious choice is Jeff Jones. A dark horse would be Duke. Doesn't seem likely with Maxx around, but he floored me in the Spring Game. Dude is very talented.

Dr. Don

Tis the season for optimism and speculation.

Crack another cold one. I just did. A Summit Saga, by the way.

Bayfield, I always have optimism. I just don't speculate. All I care about is that the Gophers as a TEAM allow me to enjoy. my cold ones also. So here's to ya...:drink::drink::drink:

Bayfield, I always have optimism. I just don't speculate. All I care about is that the Gophers as a TEAM allow me to enjoy. my cold ones also. So here's to ya...:drink::drink::drink:

At my age, I have learned how to enjoy the moment and the day the good Lord has given me. I don't speculate about tomorrow, I just hope it comes!!

In the meantime, I love the Gophers and look forward to being at TCF once again, enjoy a pregame Summit or two, and cheer like he77 for the kids to have a great year of Gopher football.

Back at ya!

Berkley Edwards. The second gear and the small target size make him a 2nd half nightmare for opponents.

Dr.Don

You do realize that EVERY thread here is an opportunity for "lots of people to display their ignorance of the whole picture" don't you?:confused:

You do realize that EVERY thread here is an opportunity for "lots of people to display their ignorance of the whole picture" don't you?:confused:

Leidner can't hang onto the ball and fails at reading defenses. JKs offense requires a talented - hard working - smart qb to run his system. 2 outta 3 won't cut it.

Really hope its Leidner. I really want him to remove any doubt about his ability early in the season and take the reigns of the offense. I also would love to see 2-3 young WRs emerge - I can't imagine how much of an impact that would have on our running game as well as open up the middle of the field for our talented and deep TE group.

Go Gophers!!

A healthy K.J. Maye could be a big help. He has supposedly looked good this spring.

Except when it comes to predicting scores...

Wolitarsky. BUT last year i thought it would be Harbsion. yikes.

Top Bottom