Indiana pays $750,000 to swap USF for FIU in 2015, 2016

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...pays-750000-to-swap-usf-for-fiu-in-2015-2016/

This headline is deceiving. The given figure of $750 k is what Indiana projects they will lose after figuring in additional revenue from the switch.

The actual figures are $500,000 sent to the AAC ($250 k per USF game) to buy out the series, and $1,000,000 to FIU to get them to travel north in 2015.

A total of $1.5 million! Wailing!! Gnashing of teeth!!! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER!!!!

And we thought $800K in the North Carolina debacle was excessive.

Assuming there is a sturdy enough scale, I think we should reserve judgment until Fatrick weighs-in on this situation.

"Hoosier fans blame Kill, Maturi."

Wonder if Hoosier alum, and frequent basher of the UNC game-buyout decision, Dan Barreiro, will have any comment on this...

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! DARN YOU MATURI/TEAGUE AND KILL! WASTING OUR MONEY!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

.....oh wait, wrong school. :cool:

How awesome would it be if they lose both those games?

Didn't care when the Gophers bought out of a game and REALLY don't care when Indiana does.

I'll bite. The contract was signed. Play the game.
The money doesn't fall from the sky. My pair of season tickets are over $100 more this year compared to last. Paying 800k to North Carolina couldn't help that cause.

The money doesn't fall from the sky. My pair of season tickets are over $100 more this year compared to last. Paying 800k to North Carolina couldn't help that cause.

Didn't we pocket close to that on the TCU series? One door closes and another opens.

Big business - everything happens in large amounts. No biggy.

We play that game and don't win, no bowl, no extra practices, more difficulty recruiting... And your b!tching about $100 even though it has nothing to do with the payout. Maybe you want 0-12 seasons so you can pay less? Or, dump cable for a month and quit b!tching.

We play that game and don't win, no bowl, no extra practices, more difficulty recruiting... And your b!tching about $100 even though it has nothing to do with the payout. Maybe you want 0-12 seasons so you can pay less? Or, dump cable for a month and quit b!tching.

Umm, had we played the game and lost, we'd have been 7-5 and still going to a bowl game...

Wrong. In the end, Minnesota does not "lose" any money on the scheduling transactions.

Umm, had we played the game and lost, we'd have been 7-5 and still going to a bowl game...

I should have said that if we lose that game and the season goes into a tailspin and we don't have a winning record... My point was more about not being such a whiny cheap bastard.

I should have said that if we lose that game and the season goes into a tailspin and we don't have a winning record... My point was more about not being such a whiny cheap bastard.

If we cannot emotionally recover from a single out of conference loss, we really wouldn't deserve to be going anywhere anyway.

This is a cowardly move by Indiana. The fact that we did it doesn't make Indiana any less cowardly, the fact that Indiana did it doesn't make us any less cowardly. Play the games you schedule.

If we cannot emotionally recover from a single out of conference loss, we really wouldn't deserve to be going anywhere anyway.

This is a cowardly move by Indiana. The fact that we did it doesn't make Indiana any less cowardly, the fact that Indiana did it doesn't make us any less cowardly. Play the games you schedule.

Well they did it for the same reason we did. To make a bowl game. I have mixed feelings. You may have one more win this way, but you're not any better than had you played the other game. So what good is that? If you want to go to a bowl game, win at least 3 in the Big Ten and there you go. And as a fan, I'd always rather play a BCS school than the chumps we normally get.

Correct. But who lets facts get in the way of a good bitching session.
I'd be happy to stand corrected. Tell me how no money is lost.

I can afford the $100. I don't like it, but I'll pay. Cable is safe, thanks for the suggestion. (I know this wasn't you.)

This is just embarrassing for Indiana. Just as it was for the U. And I could care less about the money aspect of it.

10 Conference games can't come soon enough. I'm sick of schools weaseling their way out of ever playing a school that, you know, someone has heard of before.

This is just embarrassing for Indiana. Just as it was for the U. And I could care less about the money aspect of it.

10 Conference games can't come soon enough. I'm sick of schools weaseling their way out of ever playing a school that, you know, someone has heard of before.

I get so sick of the term "I could care less..." Godammit educated pups... It's. "I COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!"

If you are so damned smart, talk right.

I get so sick of the term "I could care less..." Godammit educated pups... It's. "I COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!"

If you are so damned smart, talk right.

Unless, of course, you could care less.

Which leads back to the point that if money wasn't the issue, then it was all about ducking a team. Hopefully we get past ducking teams...

True, and I think we all hope we get past that point (and most think we already are). However, before last season, I didn't think we were a lock to win 6 games even with the easier schedule. If it's between not making a bowl game just to keep those games or ducking a team to get to a bowl game, I'll take the bowl game.

Which leads back to the point that if money wasn't the issue, then it was all about ducking a team. Hopefully we get past ducking teams...

Yep - but that wasn't the argument being made.

Top Bottom