Night Games or lack there of...

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kinda strange that Wisconsin and Iowa have no prime-time games across any network platforms. Also no Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue.</p>— Tom Dienhart (@BTNTomDienhart) <a href="https://twitter.com/BTNTomDienhart/statuses/458619280364670976">April 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's definitely strange that almost half the teams in the B1G have ZERO night games between them. Even more strange that three of the teams in the half that DO play at night are Maryland, Rutgers, and Illinois. Head-scratcher. That said, as fun as night games are, I'd take 2:30 starts every week if I could.

It is rather comical (not in a "ha-ha, Wisconsin" way, in a "TV decision makers are idiots" way) that Wisconsin does not have any. You'd figure that TV would love the night game atmosphere in Madison.

Seems like they are throwing tokens to the teams that can't sell out games by giving them night games to help out.

It is rather comical (not in a "ha-ha, Wisconsin" way, in a "TV decision makers are idiots" way) that Wisconsin does not have any. You'd figure that TV would love the night game atmosphere in Madison.

Do you really think that a nationally televised drunk out in Madison is deserving of prime time TV?

Seems like we had more "prime-time" games when we sucked lol

For once, Gopher, Hawkeye and Bucky fans can agree. All teams won 8 or more last year. They deserve at least one prime time conference game each.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe Tom may be wrong I'm that the LSU-Wisconsin game is likely prime time and I'll venture a guess that it's televised.

I think Tom is jumping the gun. This is only the first handful of prime time games announced. There will be more.

I mean, no one really thinks our season opener at TCF Bank Stadium is going to be a day game, right?

I think Tom is jumping the gun. This is only the first handful of prime time games announced. There will be more.

I mean, no one really thinks our season opener at TCF Bank Stadium is going to be a day game, right?

It was included in the list of night games on the ESPN blog.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kinda strange that Wisconsin and Iowa have no prime-time games across any network platforms. Also no Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue.</p>— Tom Dienhart (@BTNTomDienhart) <a href="https://twitter.com/BTNTomDienhart/statuses/458619280364670976">April 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dienhart is a moron. The Gophers opener on Thursday is obviously a night game on BTN, and Wisconsin's opener vs LSU is a night game on ABC/ESPN.

Top Bottom