2014-15 notable matchups on home courts (Power 6 + some others)

BC releases nonconference schedule, as does Pitt

Boston College has three notable home games, Providence, USC, and Harvard.

Piit also released its non-con sked and has no notable home games.

Creighton releases nonconference schedule

The Jays have two notable home games, Oklahoma and Saint Mary's.

Wazzu releases non-con sked

No notable home games for the Cougars.

Of the 21 Power 6 conference schools to release their nonconference schedules, Wazzu is just the 2nd (also Pitt) without a notable home game.

Gopher opponent Wake Forest releases nonconference schedule

Gophers and Iona are Deamon Deacon's notable home opponents.

Duke, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss release nonconference schedules

All have one notable home game: Duke (Toledo); A&M (Arizona State); and Ole Miss (TCU).

SS, if Iona and Toledo are in the category of "notable home games" the college game has really declined. Ouch! Maybe we are not the only season ticket base thinking we are not getting a good deal in November and December.

SS, if Iona and Toledo are in the category of "notable home games" the college game has really declined. Ouch! Maybe we are not the only season ticket base thinking we are not getting a good deal in November and December.

Agreed.

Trying to add some subjectivity with objectivity, i.e. all home games vs. the Power 6 conferences are considered notable even though some probably aren't (TCU, Washington State, etc.). Then there are some obvious traditionally strong non-Power 6 programs (i.e. UConn, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, Memphis, etc.) peppered with others who I'm making a judgment will be worthy foes in 2014-15 based on what they have coming back (i.e. Stephen F. Austin, Toledo, etc.) and/or their recent history (i.e. Dayton, Harvard, Iona, etc.).

Translation: I'm giving Teague/Pitino every chance in the world to schedule a "notable" home opponent! The best one we know of so far is North Dakota.

South Carolina releases nonconference schedule

Gamecocks have three notable home games, Baylor, Clemson, and Oklahoma State.

Added above.

Ga Tech releases non-con sked

A pair of notable home games, Georgia and Vandy.

Boston College has three notable home games, Providence, USC, and Harvard.

Piit also released its non-con sked and has no notable home games.

I think I may have seen that Pitt release, they cited their series with OSU as evidence of their strong nonconference scheduling history, apparently feeling the heat about poor scheduling. Problem is, that series with OSU was before Matta was even coaching OSU and the program is at a different level now compared to those years when they played Pitt.

Are teams ever going to be forced to start scheduling legitimate competition for at least half of the nonconference schedule? I am getting sick of teams (OSU included) having 3 or so good nonconference games and 10 with crap teams.

Mississippi State releases non-con sked

Bulldogs have one notable home, Florida State.

FSU releases nonconference schedule

Nebraska and Florida are notable home games for Seminoles.

Stanford announces nonconference sked

Cardinal have one notable home game and it's a strong one, vs. defending national champ Connecticut.

Illinois released non-con sked

No notable home games (@ Assembly Hall) but there's an asterisk, as the Illini play their annual quasi home game vs. Oregon @ Chicago's United Center.

UCLA and Clemson release nonconference schedules

Bruins have one notable home game (Gonzaga), Clemson has three (Arkansas, Auburn, Rutgers).

Florida announces non-con sked

Gators will have a pair of notable home games, Miami-Florida and defending national champ UConn.

NC State releases nonconference sked

Wolfpack has a nice non-con home slate, with four notable opponents visiting Raleigh: Boise State, Cincinnati, Louisiana Tech, and Tennessee.

West Virginia announces nonconference sked

Two notable home games for the Mountaineers, LSU and Virginia Tech.

Penn State with a pair of notable games in Happy Valley

Virginia Tech and George Washington.

Butler NC sked announced

Bulldogs have 1 notable game at renovated Hinkle, Northwestern.

Notable home games for Michigan, LSU, and Miami

Michigan has two (Syracuse, SMU), LSU has three (Texas Tech, UMass, Southern Miss), and Miami has one (Illinois). Added above.

Still no whispers that the Gophers will have anything resembling a decent home game.

Badgers release nonconference sked

2 notable home games, Boise State (Nov. 22) and Duke (Dec. 3).

'Bama, USC release non-con skeds

Tide has two notable home games (Southern Miss, UCLA), USC the 4th Power 6 school to have none.

Pearl releases Auburn sked

Tigers will have one notable home game, Xavier.

Texas Tech releases nonconference schedule

Tubby's squad will have one notable NC home game, Auburn.

Pig Sooey releases NC sked

Arkansas with 3 notable home games, Wake Forest, Iona, and Dayton.

Buckeyes release NC sked

One notable home game, Marquette.

OSU is the 7th Big Ten school to release its entire nonconference schedule.

Washington releases NC sked; 1 notable home game

Huskies will host San Diego State.

So far 51 of the 75 "Power 6" schools have released their NC schedules. Only 4 (Pitt, Illinois, USC, Wazzu) don't have at least 1 notable home opponent.

I wouldn't mind seeing us do a home and home with Texas Tech, as long as we get the first home game.

I wouldn't mind seeing us do a home and home with Texas Tech, as long as we get the first home game.

Agree, though I doubt either Pitino or Tubby would want to pursue that?

What if we had Tech and Long Beach State on the home schedule in the same season? At least there would be some intrigue.

Top Bottom