Timberwolves/Hoiberg Watch Thread

Interesting. Simmons is very plugged in to the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I feel good about this prediction: Thibs becomes this summer's Doc (traded for a future 1st round pick), then Chicago hires Fred Hoiberg.</p>— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/statuses/461948265261318144">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm hoping Ollie makes the jump this year. He'd be a home run hire for any team.

Interesting. Simmons is very plugged in to the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I feel good about this prediction: Thibs becomes this summer's Doc (traded for a future 1st round pick), then Chicago hires Fred Hoiberg.</p>— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/statuses/461948265261318144">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope it happens, but Bill Simmons isn't as smart or as plugged in as he thinks he is or wishes he was.

I hope it happens, but Bill Simmons isn't as smart or as plugged in as he thinks he is or wishes he was.

He's pretty good. He was the only one that had legit info on the Bucks sale and was the first to say the Bucks would be sold by the end of the season. I think this Hoiberg tweet is more of a hunch though. Could definitely see Hoiberg taking the Bulls job for a number of reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The same Simmons who predicted Ricky Rubio would never play a minute in a Minnesota Timberwolves uniform?

I like Simmons article, but agree. He's never seemed like the most "plugged in" guy. Plus can never really tell if he's predicting something or knows something.

I lost all respect for him when he acted like a small child on the air when Doc went to the Clippers, very unprofessional

I lost all respect for him when he acted like a small child on the air when Doc went to the Clippers, very unprofessional

I got a kick out of that whole week. Between that and the draft, he was hilarious.

Bill Simmons is a blogger who is a boston homer who became very popular and espn picked him up. He is no insider, he just writes his opinions and predictions, he is no different from you or I, besides the fact he gets paid for his opinions. He is the Amelia/sid/etc. at a national level.

Bill Simmons is a blogger who is a boston homer who became very popular and espn picked him up. He is no insider, he just writes his opinions and predictions, he is no different from you or I, besides the fact he gets paid for his opinions. He is the Amelia/sid/etc. at a national level.

The guy is one of the hosts of ESPN's NBA Countdown studio show and their draft coverage, he wrote a New York Times bestselling book on the NBA, he's executive producer for ESPN's 30 for 30 series that has worked hand-in-hand with NBA Entertainment on several of their features, and within the last several weeks alone he's accurately called the Bucks' sale and Adam Silver's dropping the hammer on Sterling. I don't know about you, but I don't do any of those things, and it's a joke to suggest that Amelia and Sid do anything near that scope, even on a local level.

Hardly. He is on the nba studio show for ESPN. He is good friends with many nba players and Hollywood types. And the nba is basically an extension of Hollywood. Plus he is close with stein who does get inside info. He's more plugged in than you give him credit for... He bleeds NBA.

Hardly. He is on the nba studio show for ESPN. He is good friends with many nba players and Hollywood types. And the nba is basically an extension of Hollywood. Plus he is close with stein who does get inside info. He's more plugged in than you give him credit for... He bleeds NBA.

Where did I say he isn't accomplished? All i said is he shares his opinion like sid and amelia, he just has a national audience, he is never going to break anything, even when he makes predictions he himself says its opinion and some times they are right and some times they are wrong, he isn't an adam schefter and that is not the business he is trying to get into ad doesn't need to. You don't need to be an insider to be on nba countdown or produce a show. Yeah they are great accomplishments but he is still not breaking anything.

The guy is one of the hosts of ESPN's NBA Countdown studio show and their draft coverage, he wrote a New York Times bestselling book on the NBA, he's executive producer for ESPN's 30 for 30 series that has worked hand-in-hand with NBA Entertainment on several of their features, and within the last several weeks alone he's accurately called the Bucks' sale and Adam Silver's dropping the hammer on Sterling. I don't know about you, but I don't do any of those things, and it's a joke to suggest that Amelia and Sid do anything near that scope, even on a local level.

His basketball book isn't that great. He got some facts wrong and openly attacked people for pointing them out.

Anyway, being a national media columnist who loves the NBA does not mean he is more plugged in than actual NBA reporterd. I would contend their are hundreds of reporters who are more connected to what's going on in the league than Simmons.

Simmons isn't trying to be a reporter on the NBA he is trying to be an authority on the NBA. Ultimately, he is just some famous guu with an opinion that is slightly more informed, though not necessarily better, than anyone on this Web site.

Who in their right mind leaves the Bulls for the Lakers right now?

Bill Simmons definitely has some connections that give him inside info. I know none of you follow the Bucks or give a damn about them, but like I said earlier, he was the only one who had any information on their sale. It is assumed he is buddies with at least a couple of owners (Cuban) and that is how he occasionally gets info.

But way more entertaining than Amelia and not as bad.

Interesting. Simmons is very plugged in to the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I feel good about this prediction: Thibs becomes this summer's Doc (traded for a future 1st round pick), then Chicago hires Fred Hoiberg.</p>— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/statuses/461948265261318144">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
He isn't any more plugged in than Doogie. This scenario has 0% chance of happening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Disclaimer: it's not just smokescreen season in the NFL. Vibe from a couple people, FWIW: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves&src=hash">#Twolves</a> haven't given up on Hoiberg pursuit.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/462228554382835712">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Despite Tom Izzo's quasi denials of NBA interest, the buzz in coaching circles is that he remains very high on Flip Saunders list in Minny.</p>— Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statuses/462237659830575104">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Top Bottom