Shooter: Don't be surprised if 3M is a naming rights deal on campus

If it gets us a practice facility - they can put 3M all over the building I don't care.

I posted years ago about corporations getting involved. My idea was for a Best Buy themed practice facility, giving us a facility and Best buy a "showroom" with a captive audience (campus). A space on campus that is a practice facility but also a "draw" or hotspot that puts Gopher hoops in peoples face 365 days a year would be ideal. My idea was a Best Buy showroom, showing off the latest technology, and a store selling just the main things in the lobby of the practice facility. Hell, throw a Starbucks too.

I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if Shooter is full of it as usual. But among possible corporate sponsors their name looms admittedly large.

I have been hoping that they'll get the naming rights to the new Vikings stadium (better a company that makes things than, say, US Bank), but if it's a choice between the two I'll take the practice facility any day.

Best Buy won't be in on this. They have too many problems to justify the expenditure.

We can always ask the recenrly deposed exec from Yahoo to pitch in.

I posted years ago about corporations getting involved. My idea was for a Best Buy themed practice facility, giving us a facility and Best buy a "showroom" with a captive audience (campus). A space on campus that is a practice facility but also a "draw" or hotspot that puts Gopher hoops in peoples face 365 days a year would be ideal. My idea was a Best Buy showroom, showing off the latest technology, and a store selling just the main things in the lobby of the practice facility. Hell, throw a Starbucks too.

I agree but to keep it Minnesotan swap starbucks with caribou

Dunn brothers, let the whole team run a train on your mom, I'm all out of ideas now :)

Top Bottom