NCAA may force hardship transfers to sit out a year

oops, how do i change a thread title? Suppose to say NCAA may force hardship transfers to sit out a year.

Don't change it. It's a great title if only it were satire! but i understand the need to keep titles representative of what the thread is about

oops, how do i change a thread title? Suppose to say NCAA may force hardship transfers to sit out a year.

Only GH Admin can. In all honesty, I think it would be a good idea if the NCAA took a year off.

I wonder if it's because of grades. :)

It's most certainly not due to competence.

EDIT: Read the proposal. Totally agree with it. Would still allow for some abuse in the form of 6 years to play 4, but a step in the right direction for folks who it legitimately applies to.

Just tested it with a thread I started and it worked. Just have to click advanced after clicking edit post.

I think there is a time limit as I've done the same after the fact. The only thing that would change would be the bold header in the text.

I think there is a time limit as I've done the same after the fact. The only thing that would change would be the bold header in the text.

I just changed (and changed back) the title of the Jarvis Johnson thread that I started years ago.

I agree with having a hard and fast rule that applies to everyone, whatever that rule may be. But this proposal still does not seem to address the Rakeem Buckles situation (inconsistent/unpredictable results from APR-related transfers), nor graduate transfers (which seems to be the largest or at least most visible group).

The more I see the more these hardship wavers are too hard for the NCAA to decipher between bs (most common) and legit...

Changing the hardship rule is a no-brainer. I never understood how/why if a kid had something dramatic going on in his life that required him to move closer to family, that playing a college sport at the same time made sense. If something that significant is going on, then the kid should be red shirting and have some freedom to miss games/practices to deal with the pressing family matter.

Top Bottom