Gopher Basketball Trivia: Most postseason wins?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
In the history of Gopher basketball, 12 players share the honor of having the most postseason victories while part of the program (including redshirt seasons). Can you name those 12 players?

Hint: I did not "vacate" anything.

In the history of Gopher basketball, 12 players share the honor of having the most postseason victories while part of the program (including redshirt seasons). Can you name those 12 players?

Hope I'm not spoiling the hint, are you saying that you are counting the vacated seasons as wins or that it was irrelevant because nobody winning vacated games is on the list anyway?

I am going to assume that anyone who was on the team for our NIT title this year and our NIT runner-up two years ago (with an NCAA win sandwiched in there) is going to be on there. Having said that, I'm taking:
Austin Hollins
Andre Hollins
Elliot Eliason
Oto Osenieks
Mo Walker
Kendal Schell

No idea on the other six (I'm going to feel stupid if I missed anyone on those two teams)

I would bet Austin Hollins and Mav Ahanmisi might be up there. EE, Mo, Oto. Probably not old enough to know many more. Quincy Lewis? Sam Jacobson?

Hope I'm not spoiling the hint, are you saying that you are counting the vacated seasons as wins or that it was irrelevant because nobody winning vacated games is on the list anyway?

I am going to assume that anyone who was on the team for our NIT title this year and our NIT runner-up two years ago (with an NCAA win sandwiched in there) is going to be on there. Having said that, I'm taking:
Austin Hollins
Andre Hollins
Elliot Eliason
Oto Osenieks
Mo Walker
Kendal Schell

No idea on the other six (I'm going to feel stupid if I missed anyone on those two teams)

Hate to break it to you, but.... Mav?

Off the top of my head, I would guess that the members of the current group who competed in the post-season for the last three years are among that list. Austin, Andre, Elliot, and Mav each have 10 post-season wins.

Any player on the teams that competed during the postseasons of 1996, 97, and 98 also had 10 wins (1 victory in 1996 NCAA, national semis in 97, and NIT champion in 98). I don't know the names of all those players (except some of the best known ones) because that was before my time as a Gopher fan.

A player playing from 90-93 would have 9 wins. If you are counting redshirts, someone on those teams who was also on the 89 final 16 team would have 11 wins so I guess there were none of those.

Oh, I forgot about Oto and Mo. Mo didn't participate in 2012 but was on the team.

Mav, EE, Hollins, Hollins, Oto, Shell, and Walker are correct. That's 7 of the 12.

I might have to double-check on the 89-93 era.

James got kicked off the 98 team, but Lewis, Jacobson and Harris have ten post season wins. There was a set a twins on that final four team, can't think of their names they might have 10 wins, Miles Tarver would've been a frosh in 96.
Last Edit, Jermaine and Jason Stanford, that's who I was thinking of

The Stanford twins are correct.

All of 'em have 10 postseason wins, and certainly EE, Andre, Kendall, and Mo have a great shot to become the all-time leaders next season. Something to shoot for, hopefully of the NCAA variety.

4 NCAA, 6 NIT
Harris, Jacobson, Lewis, Ja. Stanford, Je. Stanford

1 NCAA, 9 NIT
Ahanmisi, Eliason, An. Hollins, Au. Hollins, Osenieks, Shell, Walker

Top Bottom