Kelly Roysland won't remain as assistant coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Cleaning house I guess. I was hoping she would be retained.

Marcus: New coach off to Texas to meet pair of recruits

New Gophers women's basketball coach Marlene Stollings will be on the road next week recruiting in Texas.

It will be her first chance to meet a couple of the program's top recruits, Tory Jacobs and Rangie Bessard, who say they are excited about joining the rest of the University of Minnesota's 2014 class.

"I'm looking forward to getting to know coach Marlene like I did coach Pam (Borton)," Bessard said Thursday. "She seems like a very energetic coach. Her style of play is going to be very fun to watch and just be around."

Stollings spoke to all five of her incoming recruits -- including Minnesotans Carlie Wagner and Grace Coughlin -- on the phone after she was officially introduced as Gophers coach April 8.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25588087/gophers-womens-basketball-new-coach-off-texas-meet

Go Gophers!!

A new broom sweeps clean. Kelly will land on her feet.

Every coach knows what they are getting into when they enter the profession. As others have said, she'll pick up a job somewhere and life will move on. If this is the worst that life brings her then she is truly blessed.

Coaches come and Coaches go
And Coaches peter out you know.
But Kelly's a Coach thru thick or thin
Peter out or Peter in.

Top Bottom