Zach Lofton Update

Konate would also be 20 next year

might need to add beer pong to the training regimen, with the possibility of several 21+ on the team the next few years
contrasting this past year's dry season

I thought the same thing about his age. Not wanting to get ahead of ourselves for a guy that may not end up being here, but if I was 24 (assuming that is what he'll be after his second year here) and had a chance to play overseas and make a few hundred thousand, it would be hard to pass up. The window is short. Anyway, hopefully we get resolution soon and if he's here, let's hope this works out for everyone.

Go Gophers!!

Given that Trevor is the only Gopher (I know of) making decent money overseas, I wouldn't worry too much. If he jumps after one year, it means he had a monster year.

If he left early, I think it is far more likely Lofton is working a regular job in Minneapolis to pay the bills.

So in 2016 we could have: Lofton 24/25, Gaston 22/23, Konate 22/23, Buggs 22/23? That would be pretty awesome. I used the slashes because I am not sure of their exact birthdays.

So in 2016 we could have: Lofton 24/25, Gaston 22/23, Konate 22/23, Buggs 22/23? That would be pretty awesome. I used the slashes because I am not sure of their exact birthdays.

When I was reading this, I thought you were talking about POINTS/REBOUNDS.... I was like HOLY SH**, you are a homer.

Regarding Lofton- a look at his stats last year is a little concerning. He's a shot chucker and not that efficient. Pitino will have to reign him in.

here are some comparisons:

Lofton- 713 mins, 322 shots (.45/min), 349 points, 1.08 points per shot
Hunter- 942 mins, 226 shots (.24/min), 358 points, 1.58 points per shot ( another kid on Illinois State's team )
Andre H.- 1099 mins, 363 shots (.33/min) 489 points, 1.35 points per shot
Malik S. - 685 mins., 222 shots (.32/min) 261 points, 1.17 points per shot

This doesn't tell the whole story and he may be a different play in a year from now but those are not great numbers playing at the mid-major level.

Regarding Lofton- a look at his stats last year is a little concerning. He's a shot chucker and not that efficient. Pitino will have to reign him in.

Hunter- 942 mins, 226 shots (.24/min), 358 points, 1.58 points per shot ( another kid on Illinois State's team )

This doesn't tell the whole story and he may be a different play in a year from now but those are not great numbers playing at the mid-major level.

You should get this information to Coach Pitino, stat.
Kidding aside, hopefully there is another side to the story, cause if there isn't this guy is going to make Malik look like Ray Allen.

Didn't he really improve the 2nd half of the season? I can't look up the game logs atm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yes he did. He was also on a young team without a leader. When you have someone commanding the middle and a player or two willing to drive and distribute, shot quality improves. His length, defense and strength will get him playing time as well. From what I have seen he physically looks like a B1G player.

You should get this information to Coach Pitino, stat.
Kidding aside, hopefully there is another side to the story, cause if there isn't this guy is going to make Malik look like Ray Allen.

From all accounts the kid has a ton of ability- so it's there to be coached and hopefully coach P can get the best out of him if he comes. I would be happy to see him sign on but hope that his scholly doesn't start until the 15-16 season. There's risk here.

only a million variables

who is the defense concentrating on? what kind of firepower do his teammates have? how confident are they? How confident is the shooter? how is he getting his shots? what's the system? what's the emphasis? coming off screens, catch n shoot?, shooting off the dribble, spacing of teammates, going to the hole? getting to the line? going left? going right?
transition 3's, shot clock desperation 3's?, and on and on

Use your eyes. He can play! If you can coach, it's up to you to harness, cajole, tweak, empower, focus and provide vision to him into heights beyond his imagination.

who is the defense concentrating on? what kind of firepower do his teammates have? how confident are they? How confident is the shooter? how is he getting his shots? what's the system? what's the emphasis? coming off screens, catch n shoot?, shooting off the dribble, spacing of teammates, going to the hole? getting to the line? going left? going right?
transition 3's, shot clock desperation 3's?, and on and on

Use your eyes. He can play! If you can coach, it's up to you to harness, cajole, tweak, empower, focus and provide vision to him into heights beyond his imagination.

As my post said- this doesn't tell the whole story and that Pitino would have to work with him. From the videos I am confident he has ability.

As my post said- this doesn't tell the whole story and that Pitino would have to work with him. From the videos I am confident he has ability.

Okay? so why the doubt? and who are you doubting? why the post at all? there were already 10 pages saying he can't shoot and you seemed to be trying to prove it...now you say just kidding?

not trying to be a prick, i just don't understand what you were really trying to say beyond the obvious already stated ad nauseam he had bad stats last year?

Not a damned one of you know what you are talking about.

Have to think his transcript has hit a snag in admissions since there is still no news.

Okay? so why the doubt? and who are you doubting? why the post at all? there were already 10 pages saying he can't shoot and you seemed to be trying to prove it...now you say just kidding?

not trying to be a prick, i just don't understand what you were really trying to say beyond the obvious already stated ad nauseam he had bad stats last year?

Sorry 60's I looked up his stats today and started to wonder about it. That's all.

I said before, and I will say again, 18 to 22 year old men, tend to change their minds, often, and normally dont have their $ hit together.

Stats lie, but highlight videos speak the truth?

Wow.

I said before, and I will say again, 18 to 22 year old men, tend to change their minds, often, and normally dont have their $ hit together.

That makes me nervous.After all we have heard about his love for the Gophers?Hopefully you are responding generally about 18-22 year olds and not something you have heard.

Top Bottom