All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

I think he's going to coach the Wild next year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Re: Minnesota AD comments: Many, many people in college hoops have said Pitino is interested in Vols’ job. Believe who you will on that.</p>— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) <a href="https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/statuses/457020863217684480">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FWIW

Not that I believe this crap, but if Pitino is truly interested in the Tennessee job, we have no hope to retain him long term.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Re: Minnesota AD comments: Many, many people in college hoops have said Pitino is interested in Vols’ job. Believe who you will on that.</p>— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) <a href="https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/statuses/457020863217684480">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

FWIW

I'd be interested too if it helped me get a raise. I just don't see him actually leaving for that job.

I love Richie but if he leaves, Shaka will be our next coach so I'm not losing any sleep over it. I just had this info come straight from the Vu.

I love Richie but if he leaves, Shaka will be our next coach so I'm not losing any sleep over it. I just had this info come straight from the Vu.

That info must be easy to come by when you're hanging around the Vu all day with Shaka

the downside for Richard, if he goes to Tennessee, is no more recruiting trips to the Canary Islands..

one trip to Memphis and his recruiting is done.... oh, and of course a trip to Minnesota to snag the 'big 3'... or 'big 1'... or whatever top recruit he wants up here..

Not that I believe this crap, but if Pitino is truly interested in the Tennessee job, we have no hope to retain him long term.

Tubby played footsie with a crappy SEC job every year too, he still never left.

But if he's truly willing to bail on us after one year for a medicore job like that, he's not who we thought he was anyway.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Ok, here we go:

Richard Pitino is interested in the TWolves job, he is one of the finalist.

Richard Pitino is interested in the Manchester United job, he is one of the finalist.

Richard Pitino is interested in the Mankato job, he is one of the finalist.

Richard Pitino is interested in the Minot job, he is one of the finalist.

There, I can also make crap up. So go at it and speculate on these bogus rumors. He is not going anywhere.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Prob. no shock based on ESPN report, but told Tenn. has officially expressed interest in Pitino through 3rd party. Interest NOT reciprocal.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/457259865153339392">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

Richard should stay here. This past winter was an aberration of the long term trend of warming winters. Everybody, start your engines!

Now I heard a stat yesterday but can't remember it exact... But over like the last 10-20 years there has only been like 3 guys ever leave the BIG Ten for other jobs..

Steve Alford
Bill Self

Its very rare someone leaves this great conference..

I mean look at shaka everyone in college basketball was after him... he is still there and they get rumors there every year for every job

I used to get worked up about this with tubby I guess I am going to worry at all until it actually happens.

Now I heard a stat yesterday but can't remember it exact... But over like the last 10-20 years there has only been like 3 guys ever leave the BIG Ten for other jobs..

Steve Alford
Bill Self

And Alford left because he got run out of town after his horrendous handling of the Pierre Pierce rape case. And Self left for Kansas...'nuf said there.

In the past, Lute Olson and Johnny Orr.

As has been mentioned before on here, Self and the Gophers Bill Fitch (eons ago). Did Gary Williams leave on his own accord to coach Maryland? He played there, so I'm guessing yes.

Also George Raveling who replaced Lute Olson left the Hawkeyes after 3 years to take the USC job.

Ralph Miller left Iowa for Oregon State in 1970. His last team at Iowa was undefeated in conference and averaged over 100 points a game.

Stu Jackson left the Badgers after the 93-94 season after getting them into the Tournament with an 8-10. Wasn't it some NBA office job?

Lee Rose led Purdue to the Final Four in 79-80 and promptly split to Charlotte. (Now I'm just digging around like a dummy.)

Muss was fun, but the aftermath wasn't. Rest his soul, he brought excitement to Williams, but he was a cheater and a liar.

Top Bottom