All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

The entire point of this forum is to argue complete non-issues. We're not solving world hunger. By your (terrible) logic, everyone should just stop posting and the site should shut down.

badass.jpg

Not sure if serious? Tennessee finished 8th in the country in basketball attendance in 2012-13. Imagine what they could do if they weren't a football school.

Also, since 2000:

NCAA Tournament appearances:
Tenn 9
Minn 4

Sweet Sixteens
Tenn 5
Minn 0

Elite Eights
Tenn 1
Minn 0

Conf Championships
Tenn 2
Minn 0

So, yeah, the recent history is virtually identical. Tennessee doesn't have a vacated Final 4 from 17 years ago to be proud of, but they still somehow manage to draw 16 k fans per game and get to the Tournament consistently despite being a football school.

Not disputing who's been better since 2000. But the long-term prospects aren't significantly different. And being the #2 (at best) sport on campus, no matter how good you do, is an ego hit for some coaches/players.

Cheatin' Bruce Pearl era aside (I like how you counted all those years with no issue) Tenn. is simply not a great job. If you think it's better than MN, more power to you. But not by much.

I've had what seems like 100s of posts deleted and some how DP has 10,500 that have stuck....

Pitino was the fall back right Sid?

Well they got turned down by the La. Tech coach (such a great job.) But yes, clearly they cooled on Pitino. I hear Southern Miss is interested though. Pitino likely is too. Far less stabbings and whatnot.

The entire point of this forum is to argue complete non-issues. We're not solving world hunger. By your (terrible) logic, everyone should just stop posting and the site should shut down.

I like to think that most people are using this site more for Gopher-related news than for watching you measure your dong on an daily basis.

Man, were we lucky to get Pitino. I can't imagine hiring someone like Tyndall now that we've had Richard for a year. We gotta do everything we can to hold on to him.

Ya but,

I've had what seems like 100s of posts deleted and some how DP has 10,500 that have stuck....

what you don't realize is he's posted 20,000 times. :clap: Too easy just sittin' there. Couldn't resist.

Truth is: If dpo wasn't here this site would be far less interesting to me. I might disagree with him on occasion about opinions but I'm not sure he's ever wrong on facts. He makes things interesting and he often makes you think. What's to complain about?

Richard Pitino was seen in Hattiesburg tonight with Brett Favre...take it for what it's worth

what you don't realize is he's posted 20,000 times. :clap: Too easy just sittin' there. Couldn't resist.

Truth is: If dpo wasn't here this site would be far less interesting to me. I might disagree with him on occasion about opinions but I'm not sure he's ever wrong on facts. He makes things interesting and he often makes you think. What's to complain about?
There has definitely been times when he's been factually incorrect. For a guy who does so much correcting it's pretty hilarious how poorly he takes being corrected himself.

Ya ever hear the phrase "Choose your battles?"

DPO hasn't. Getting relevant and important facts straight is admirable. For that, I thank guys like DPO. Repeatedly calling people on technicalities and mundane minutiae is simply small dick behavior.

Tennessee has agreed to terms with Donnie Tyndall of Southern Miss. Such an epic, great job with a rich history and that's the best they could do. Hmm...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...teers-hire-southern-miss-coach-donnie-tyndall

So, the guy who doesn't offer Mathieu and gets beat by him. The guy who wins a bunch of cupcake games but can't get an invitation to the NCAA Tournament is now the Tennessee head coach. Not a ridiculous hire but not
really a candidate with the stature I would expect to be named to the job either.

Maybe we should just give Pitino a lifetime contract now? 5 million dollar buyout?

Ya, I get that, they didn't delete 10,500 was the point.

Clap ya hands!:clap:

You should have resisted

Man, were we lucky to get Pitino. I can't imagine hiring someone like Tyndall now that we've had Richard for a year. We gotta do everything we can to hold on to him.

Agreed, I am very happy to have Pitino as coach. I think a lot of that has to do with Norwood though, a d I'm very happy to have him here as well.

Ya, I get that, they didn't delete 10,500 was the point.

Clap ya hands!:clap:

You should have resisted

They don't lower your post total when they delete a post. I've had hundreds of posts deleted as well, mostly on the basketball board. People don't like hearing the truth, especially when it's their ox being gored.

They don't lower your post total when they delete a post. I've had hundreds of posts deleted as well, mostly on the basketball board. People don't like hearing the truth, especially when it's their ox being gored.

Thanks for the info. Point still remains.

This made me chuckle. It's like my wife not admitting to being stubborn.

I don't react poorly to being corrected. So why would I admit to it? I don't lie, unlike certain posters here.

MN Daily: Column: Pitino should listen to all job offers, ya feel me?

Tennessee and Mizzou aren’t exactly elite jobs, but there are still some perks to coaching in the SEC. It’s less competitive from top to bottom, meaning a good coach could make a mark on the conference rather quickly.

Now, I’m not saying Pitino should bolt for greener pastures, but listening to other job offers would force Teague’s hand and maybe encourage him to open up the wallet a little bit more.

The University just gave Jerry Kill a pay raise, suggesting there are available funds for Pitino as well.

If Pitino sticks around, Minnesota could become a more desirable job.

Teague and his subordinates need to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens.

Ya feel me?

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-...itino-should-listen-all-job-offers-ya-feel-me

Go Gophers!!

Tennessee and Mizzou aren’t exactly elite jobs, but there are still some perks to coaching in the SEC. It’s less competitive from top to bottom, meaning a good coach could make a mark on the conference rather quickly.

Now, I’m not saying Pitino should bolt for greener pastures, but listening to other job offers would force Teague’s hand and maybe encourage him to open up the wallet a little bit more.

The University just gave Jerry Kill a pay raise, suggesting there are available funds for Pitino as well.

Teague and his subordinates need to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens.

Ya feel me?

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-...itino-should-listen-all-job-offers-ya-feel-me

Go Gophers!!
Thanks Bleed! This has been what I have been saying all along. The market will determine what he is worth. The fact is, he is a "hot commodity", like it or not. A pay raise, or "bump" is in order.

I don't react poorly to being corrected. So why would I admit to it? I don't lie, unlike certain posters here.

It was just a little rub. No harm intended. But the fact that you react to it so quickly and immediately bring up other posters (deflection) is basically your persona on this site in a nutshell.

If you admit your mistakes you gain credibility.
If you're "never wrong" then people have a hard time seeing that you're "ever right."

YES!!! Build the practice facility and hang on to young Mr. Pitino! That is a no-brainer.

On the other main topic in this thread I would like to say I like what DPO brings to this site. I also like GopherWarrior. They both drive folks to the edge and it makes for amusing threads.

JIMHO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congratulations to <a href="https://twitter.com/MNCoachPitino">@MNCoachPitino</a> and his wife Jill on the birth of their baby boy Jack last night!</p>— Minnesota Basketball (@GopherBBall) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherBBall/statuses/458593363319861248">April 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ya feel me?

Go Gophers!!

Okay I feel old - what is with the "ya feel me" crap?

But the fact that you react to it so quickly

So when other posters make things up about you, you're not supposed to react? Is that what you're trying to say?

immediately bring up other posters (deflection) is basically your persona on this site in a nutshell

I'm not deflecting. Other posters are patted on the back for lying and making things up, and I'm blasted for telling the truth and giving facts.

If you admit your mistakes you gain credibility.

I agree. That's why I always admit my mistakes. Why do you imply otherwise?

If you're "never wrong" then people have a hard time seeing that you're "ever right."

Nice strawman you've built there. I'm not "never wrong", nor have I ever stated as such. Good job making things up, though.

It's interesting how people make all of my posts about me instead of the content, because they know they can't refute the content. Very interesting indeed.

Top Bottom