All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

What rumblings that he's interested in Georgetown?
Started by whom?

I have no idea if Rick Pitino called Georgetown but i do know Georgetown has a short list of five names and i know who they are. Further, Richard has zero interest in that job as of this morning.

"Richard Pitino:

- We know Pitino’s father has contacted the school regarding his son’s candidacy, but that and a nickel will get you a pickle. He clearly wants the job, the question is whether the school wants him."

http://www.casualhoya.com/2017/3/28...h-update-the-latest-rumors-shaka-ewing-hurley

Maybe they're confused. Why would his dad contact the school instead of his agent or himself? Maybe Rick is looking for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea if Rick Pitino called Georgetown but i do know Georgetown has a short list of five names and i know who they are. Further, Richard has zero interest in that job as of this morning.

So you know who's on Georgetown's short list, but this morning you didn't know Georgetown had a brand new basketball facility.....:rolleyes:

So you have close contacts with people at Georgetown and Minnesota? Are there any schools you don't have close contacts with?

"Richard Pitino:

- We know Pitino’s father has contacted the school regarding his son’s candidacy, but that and a nickel will get you a pickle. He clearly wants the job, the question is whether the school wants him."

http://www.casualhoya.com/2017/3/28...h-update-the-latest-rumors-shaka-ewing-hurley

Has Rick calling them been reported anywhere else? Saying Richard "clearly wants the job" seems to be making a huge leap, even if Rick did in fact call them. Rick could be the one interested, or he could simply be trying to put pressure on MN to offer Richard more money.

Has Rick calling them been reported anywhere else? Saying Richard "clearly wants the job" seems to be making a huge leap, even if Rick did in fact call them. Rick could be the one interested, or he could simply be trying to put pressure on MN to offer Richard more money.

Or he never made the call. That might be it, too. Pretty tough for me to think either Pitino is in the mix for this job, but stranger things have happened.

So you have close contacts with people at Georgetown and Minnesota? Are there any schools you don't have close contacts with?

Most connected guy in the country and he graces GH with his presence. Outstanding.

Well if Richard Pitino "clearly wants the job" I hope he gets it. No use having a coach hang around that doesn't want to be here.

Most connected guy in the country and he graces GH with his presence. Outstanding.

He has a "firm" that represents hundreds of ADs and coaches. Or at least he says he does. Not sure he has ever said what the name if this "firm" is though.

He has a "firm" that represents hundreds of ADs and coaches. Or at least he says he does. Not sure he has ever said what the name if this "firm" is though.

I hope he's not billing his hours that he spends on message boards. That can get you in trouble.

Well if Richard Pitino "clearly wants the job" I hope he gets it. No use having a coach hang around that doesn't want to be here.

+1

With that said...I don't believe the rumor. Daddy calling about his son being interested in a job? What is this high school?

Probably wants us to believe it is Villa 7.

I do find it odd that Papa Pitino seems to have a history of igniting rumors about his kid, I remember he was the one who went on Jim Rome and said Richard was interested in Alabama. Probably trying to get his kid a raise, the same way Hoiberg's people played Doogie to get him a raise in Ames

The quote was wrong. What was said was "clearly wants a job"

It isn't 1985. Georgetown has been passed by several schools in the Big East and has to be play 2nd fiddle to Maryland in DC. It's still as good as MN, but why do want to leave a B1G title contender to go clean up JTIII's mess? Unless they're breaking the bank for him, I don't see it.

Well, he did also claim that Georgetown was lacking facilities even though they just opened up a massive basketball practice facility. Would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Well, he did also claim that Georgetown was lacking facilities even though they just opened up a massive basketball practice facility. Would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I hear Tony Bennett is interested. UVa fans can't take watching that offense much longer and his dream job at Wisconsin isn't opening anytime soon. :cool02:

I hear Tony Bennett is interested. UVa fans can't take watching that offense much longer and his dream job at Wisconsin isn't opening anytime soon. :cool02:

I don't believe any college basketball rumors until I hear it from either builtbadger or VCUinsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't 1985. Georgetown has been passed by several schools in the Big East and has to be play 2nd fiddle to Maryland in DC. It's still as good as MN, but why do want to leave a B1G title contender to go clean up JTIII's mess? Unless they're breaking the bank for him, I don't see it.

Georgetown "as good as" MN? Your bizarre personal rankings of coaching jobs continue to be among my favorite oddities of GH.

There are a couple hundred that i have no insight into . But when i have insight into a situation that affects one of the programs i support i will offer what i know. Facilities means all of the GEORGETOWN facilities. They play in a dump. Have you even been there ? The comment on Tony Bennett is pure ignorance. Dream job at UW ? EVERYONE KNOWS he turned it down and Greg Gard even thanked him for the endorsement. Take shots at his offense if you want but they have been very efficient. That is 4 years in a row that UVA has won a NCAA game, 1st time ever at UVA, NEVER done at Minnesota. Any AD has him on the very short list of who they most want. All you take is shots, i did not bring up Bennett. Richard has not contacted GTOWN nor vice versa. He has a job , a better job that he came here to complete with success.

Georgetown "as good as" MN? Your bizarre personal rankings of coaching jobs continue to be among my favorite oddities of GH.

You obviously place a huge weight on historical success. I don't. Clearly Georgetown has far more success in its history than MN.

But they don't have much lately (both have 1 Final Four the last 20 years), and they play in an inferior conference now and have fallen behind Maryland and UVa locally. All that said, it's probably still better than MN, but not by enough to make it some sure thing he'd leave for it.

There are a couple hundred that i have no insight into . But when i have insight into a situation that affects one of the programs i support i will offer what i know. Facilities means all of the GEORGETOWN facilities. They play in a dump. Have you even been there ? The comment on Tony Bennett is pure ignorance. Dream job at UW ? EVERYONE KNOWS he turned it down and Greg Gard even thanked him for the endorsement. Take shots at his offense if you want but they have been very efficient. That is 4 years in a row that UVA has won a NCAA game, 1st time ever at UVA, NEVER done at Minnesota. Any AD has him on the very short list of who they most want. All you take is shots, i did not bring up Bennett. Richard has not contacted GTOWN nor vice versa. He has a job , a better job that he came here to complete with success.

It was a joke. Lighten up. I do think that Wisconsin fans are the only ones who can watch that offense without wanting to gouge their eyes out though. It's a match made in heaven. If Mrs. Tony is as passionate about defending him as you are, he's lucky.

Top Bottom