All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

Further, Pitino is not going anywhere. Not a single power 6 school is remotely interested. He would be at best a 6th or 7th choice.

You just couldn't resist could you? These type of comments don't give any insight into the conversation, but they do give insight in to you.

You just couldn't resist could you? These type of comments don't give any insight into the conversation, but they do give insight in to you.

Couldn't resist... speaking the truth? Why do you and others keep trying to amateur moderate this board?

Couldn't resist... speaking the truth? Why do you and others keep trying to amateur moderate this board?

It's insecurity. For people that are confident in their ideas and ability to articulate them, discussion or even disagreement is welcome. If you know deep down that your ideas are weak or even if the underlying idea is strong and you don't posses the ability or intellect to defend them, you are going to demand conformity and treat opposing viewpoints with hostility. We see that a lot these days.

It's insecurity. For people that are confident in their ideas and ability to articulate them, discussion or even disagreement is welcome. If you know deep down that your ideas are weak or even if the underlying idea is strong and you don't posses the ability or intellect to defend them, you are going to demand conformity and treat opposing viewpoints with hostility. We see that a lot these days.

Your right. You will get called names for not conforming to group think even though critical thinking and exchange of ideas is the only way to a reality.Your only allowed to wear school colors, you can not follow other teams or praise those teams despite the fact our own coaching staff looks at those teams to emulate. Also, do not cheer gor a kid that has left the state to follow a dream they have worked really hard for. It does not matter if you donate a bunch of your money to the Gophers and cheer wildly. Your fan card will be rated inferior.

Your right. You will get called names for not conforming to group think even though critical thinking and exchange of ideas is the only way to a reality.Your only allowed to wear school colors, you can not follow other teams or praise those teams despite the fact our own coaching staff looks at those teams to emulate. Also, do not cheer gor a kid that has left the state to follow a dream they have worked really hard for. It does not matter if you donate a bunch of your money to the Gophers and cheer wildly. Your fan card will be rated inferior.

I do sometimes feel some guilt for boostering Tyus Jones, but the kid has grown on me, and he's just the kind of nifty player I like to cheer for.

You guys sound oppressed. Is there anywhere your opinions would be more welcome?

JTG

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but built’s holier than tho, only the facts, bit gets old when he constantly throws in digs and denies ever doing the it. His last comment about Pitino not being actively pursued is believable, but then throwing in that he would be at least 7 or 8 was a dig. It is minor, but it happens all the time. Don’t go mixing it up with not being able to accept the truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but built’s holier than tho, only the facts, bit gets old when he constantly throws in digs and denies ever doing the it. His last comment about Pitino not being actively pursued is believable, but then throwing in that he would be at least 7 or 8 was a dig. It is minor, but it happens all the time. Don’t go mixing it up with not being able to accept the truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will say this, if builtbadgers is who I think he is- he has a lot of street cred. :) I could do without the continual fawning references to the Badger family tree but otherwise- he knows his stuff.

I will say this, if builtbadgers is who I think he is- he has a lot of street cred. :) I could do without the continual fawning references to the Badger family tree but otherwise- he knows his stuff.
He isn't, so let's just put that to bed right now. [emoji57]

13 Candidates to Replace Dan Majerle as Grand Canyon Head Coach

"GCU has become a premier mid-major basketball destination with its resources, facilities, and student and community support," Jerry Colangelo, Grand Canyon's strategic advisor said in the release. "We look forward to the future of the program under the direction of the new head coach."

Majerle led the Antelopes to 136 wins over seven years, including at least 20 in four straight seasons from 2015-19, but stumbled to a 13-17 record last year, his worst as head coach. With Majerle out, who might the "premier mid-major" program hire as his replacement?

New Mexico State head coach Chris Jans could be atop the list. A former longtime Gregg Marshall assistant who's rebuilt his career after the ugly exit at Bowling Green, Jans has done remarkable work in a worse location with worse resources than Grand Canyon. He hasn't spent much recruiting time in Arizona but has recruited most of the southwest and would be a home-run hire.

Rashon Burno has been one of the top assistants in college basketball for nearly a decade. A former Billy Donovan assistant at Florida, Burno joined Bobby Hurley's Arizona State staff in 2015 and has landed most of the program's top recruits over the last five years. He's a big-school guy already making $400,000 per year in a comfortable job. Would he leave for a WAC job?

Joe Pasternack spent six years on Sean Miller's Arizona staff before landing the UC Santa Barbara job in 2016. He's led the Gauchos to three straight 20-win seasons and could be in line for a promotion. Grand Canyon is not a promotion, but if they're willing to pay?

What if Shaka Smart is fired by Texas? Might he see Grand Canyon as a reboot opportunity to land another big job? Richard Pitino, Danny Manning, or Brad Brownell?

Go Gophers!!

Weird that Pitino's name is mentioned, how is New Mexico State's location worse than Grand Canyon, I'd take New Mexico State as a location in a New York minute, climate is great, the area is absolutely gorgeous, nice mid size college town.

No chance Iona is on the schedule next season. Richard at the very minimum is on a warm seat, and he and his dad certainly aren’t going to schedule a game where if Richard lost could have some really bad ramifications.

No chance Iona is on the schedule next season. Richard at the very minimum is on a warm seat, and he and his dad certainly aren’t going to schedule a game where if Richard lost could have some really bad ramifications.
What's Richy afraid of??? There's no way a P6 like Minn could lose to a low-major like Iona, right???

But we know it will be here first, unless Ricky gets too naughty out of the gate.

So I guess the deal is off once Pitino is no longer the coach here?

Don't you keep the bet on until either
a) one makes the sweet sixteen or
b) BOTH no longer coach at Minnesota/Iona

Not being asked to continue to coach seems like part of the calculus of the bet

Don't you keep the bet on until either
a) one makes the sweet sixteen or
b) BOTH no longer coach at Minnesota/Iona

Not being asked to continue to coach seems like part of the calculus of the bet
"Iona under Pitino gets to the Sweet 16 before Minnesota under Pitino."

Hearing LSU may have interest in Pitino after they fire Will Wade. :cool:

Top Bottom