All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

If it was not in the Big 10 they would not consider those two against the names on their wish list. They have a realistic chance at Donovan as they have very strong connections to him with MEYER and one of the regents. Plus Oklahoma CITY offers no future success outside of coaching a leading stats guy as their cap situation is damaged. Bennett simply is not leaving UVA as it is the perfect match for his academics, ethics , values, climate , community and family. Stevens is not leaving Boston if he would not leave for IU which was his college dream job. No insight on Marshall. Both Marshall and Donovan are grand slam hires that along with Miller at Indiana would alter the balance of power in the conference. Nothing would have happened at OSU if Thad had stayed healthy as he was one of the best coaches in conference history.

Smoke or Fire? Coaches Who've Been Named in the Arkansas Coaching Search

Arkansas is now on day eight of their basketball head coaching search and several names have been reported as potential candidates for the job so far.

The questions no one, besides AD Hunter Yurachek and the board of trustees, has the answers to are: Who are the top candidates? Who has actually been contacted? Who has been interviewed? Who has either turned down or been passed over for the job?

A week into the search, there's been a lot of smoke and rumors, but there's also been a bit of credible info leaking out.

Fran McCaffrey - Iowa, Richard Pitino - Minnesota
Smoke: Iowa's Fran McCaffrey was named as a candidate along with Rick Pitino's son Richard Pitino at Minnesota. McCaffrey responded to whether he's spoken to the Hogs with a solid "no." So either he really hasn't spoken to them, or he did and he's no longer in the mix.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/sm...ve-been-named-in-the-arkansas-coaching-search

Go Gophers!!

Arkansas is now on day eight of their basketball head coaching search and several names have been reported as potential candidates for the job so far.

The questions no one, besides AD Hunter Yurachek and the board of trustees, has the answers to are: Who are the top candidates? Who has actually been contacted? Who has been interviewed? Who has either turned down or been passed over for the job?

A week into the search, there's been a lot of smoke and rumors, but there's also been a bit of credible info leaking out.

Smoke: Iowa's Fran McCaffrey was named as a candidate along with Rick Pitino's son Richard Pitino at Minnesota. McCaffrey responded to whether he's spoken to the Hogs with a solid "no." So either he really hasn't spoken to them, or he did and he's no longer in the mix.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/sm...ve-been-named-in-the-arkansas-coaching-search

Go Gophers!!

This has got to be a lot of blowing smoke. Why would a B1G coach even consider going to Arkansas? Money? Who would want to try and raise a family in Arkansas?

I have been a big Pitino fan and supporter, but if he starts feeling around then fck him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

fun stuff. I would literally be shocked. Pitino is a east coast guy, loves NY. Then goes to the Minne-apple! (Sorry, had to use it). But I just dont see him and his wife wanting to move to Arkansas. However, if Pitino is fearful he's going to get fired after next season, he may take the job. Buys him another 4-5 seasons making good money.

This has got to be a lot of blowing smoke. Why would a B1G coach even consider going to Arkansas? Money? Who would want to try and raise a family in Arkansas?

I have been a big Pitino fan and supporter, but if he starts feeling around then fck him!

Arkansas has a proud program with a ton of support. From a living standpoint, I dont think its that great. But from a basketball view, its a solid place to coach and play. It might not be the Big Ten, but SEC is still legit

Go Gophers!!

I highly doubt this is accurate.

It doesn't even make sense. Mike Anderson won 54.9% of his games in the SEC, including 3 top 4 finishes in the last 5 years. Pitino has won 36.4% of his games in the B1G with one top 4 finish in the last 5 years. Arkansas fans would not be happy with that move.

Who would want to try and raise a family in Arkansas?

Northwest Arkansas. I’ve known several people that moved there thinking they’d leave in a couple of years after doing a vendor rotation on Wal-Mart, then decide to stay because they had more time and money to invest in raising their kids.

That said Arkansas AD Yaruchek was at Houston and part of the group the hired Sampson. For no other reason, I’m thinking it’s Sampson’s job

It would seem a lateral move, but woudln't shock me if he takes it if it's offered. I'd gladly swap Richard for Musselman.

Nevada Sports Net: Where the Eric Musselman-Arkansas situation stands today

* Thanks to FlightTracker, we also know a plane went from Springdale, Ark., to Iowa City and then to Minneapolis on Monday. And then from Minneapolis to Reno and then Van Nuys, Calif., on Tuesday before returning home last night. We already know Musselman is a candidate for the Arkansas job and Goodman also reported former UCLA coach Steve Alford is in the mix. While I haven't confirmed anything on this front, it would make sense Arkansas was in Reno on Tuesday to talk to Musselman face to face and then spoke to Alford later in the night. I've also heard Richard Pitino's name attached at Arkansas, so that would line up with the visit to Minneapolis. Iowa is located in Iowa City, so perhaps the Razorbacks are looking at Hawkeyes coach Fran McCaffery, too.

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/where-the-eric-musselman-arkansas-situation-stands-today

Go Gophers!!

Northwest Arkansas. I’ve known several people that moved there thinking they’d leave in a couple of years after doing a vendor rotation on Wal-Mart, then decide to stay because they had more time and money to invest in raising their kids.

That said Arkansas AD Yaruchek was at Houston and part of the group the hired Sampson. For no other reason, I’m thinking it’s Sampson’s job

Sampson was the main target, but is signing an extension with Houston.
https://www.houstonpress.com/news/kelvin-sampson-reportedly-singing-new-deal-to-stay-at-uh-11271157

Arkansas folks are saying who the heck would want to live in Minnesota

I love this kind of speculation when it involves us, but none of it makes sense. I don't know why Muss would be interested in them (he's reportedly not) or why they would be interested in Pitino. McCaffrey seems odd from both sides.

First, let me say Bleed I appreciate all the informational posts you make. But, can I ask a question without Bleed getting offended?

Why do you continually dig up OLD threads to post new info?

Is it really necessary to dig up a five-year old thread, 97-page thread to post NEW info that has NOTHING to do with anything previously posted?

Just start a new thread that says something like ARKANSAS INTERESTED IN PITINO???

First, it would stand out more and likely draw more hits than something that could get lost as an old topic.

It happens all the time.

It is okay to start a new thread. It isn't like things are falling off the front page.

Maybe I'm being a dick here and no one agrees with me, but I've thought this for awhile. So, a simple request to just start topics like this with a brand new thread all on its own so we know there is new, relevant info.....

First, let me say Bleed I appreciate all the informational posts you make. But, can I ask a question without Bleed getting offended?

Is it really necessary to dig up a five-year old thread, 97-page thread to post NEW info that has NOTHING to do with anything previously posted?

Just start a new thread that says something like ARKANSAS INTERESTED IN PITINO???

First, it would stand out more and likely draw more hits than something that could get lost as an old topic.

It happens all the time.

It is okay to start a new thread. It isn't like things are falling off the front page.

Maybe I'm being a dick here and no one agrees with me, but I've thought this for awhile. So, a simple request to just start topics like this with a brand new thread all on its own so we know there is new, relevant info.....

never question Bleed

It happens all the time.

I hadn't given it much thought. If its distracting for folks I'll gladly start new threads.

Go Gophers!!

I hadn't given it much thought. If its distracting for folks I'll gladly start new threads.

Go Gophers!!

I'm on the other side of this discussion. We have too many threads, not the other way around.

I vote new threads.

I just think it gets overwhelming. We had a new "State of Pitino" thread after every game this year. Then we have a new "Pick Per Day" thread for every day of the year. Why not one "Pick Per Day" thread? We would probably be on our 200th Matthew Hurt thread by now.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I started this thread hoping it could someday surpass the Shaka Smart thread in pages. The dream lives!

Top Bottom