All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

Oh, Sid...

• If Tennessee does offer Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino a job, it would be hard for him to turn it down because it’s one of the best jobs in the country. While at Texas Tech, Bob Knight had a chance to get the Tennessee job and he later talked about what a big mistake he made by not taking it.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/255591551.html?page=2

Is this the same Bob Knight who just up & quit on his final Texas Tech team, leaving his son to pick up the mess?

Oh, Sid...

• If Tennessee does offer Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino a job, it would be hard for him to turn it down because it’s one of the best jobs in the country. While at Texas Tech, Bob Knight had a chance to get the Tennessee job and he later talked about what a big mistake he made by not taking it.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/255591551.html?page=2

Sid is becoming more and more of a punch-line every day.

Tennessee is one of the best jobs in the country? About 50 years of hoops history says otherwise. But this is Sid talking, so since his "closer personal friend" thinks it's a great job, it must be so.

Like most of Sid's columns, there is nothing of importance here.

At least Sid says something, he doesn't just spew venom like a couple of Strib writers do.

Which part is true? That Rick wants him to take over; or that rumors exist?

The rumors of you guys hearing that Pitino wanted Richard on his team as an assistant until he was ready to retire. We heard that a lot here and Louisville fans will repeat that all the time here. (As a Kentucky fan I hear about it constantly.) Personally i don't hold bad feelings towards the Pitino's like a lot of people do and was excited to see Richard get an opportunity with you guys and I hope he stays. I like him there and think he will do very well for you.

Such a great job that their coach left for Cal!

Cuonzo Martin didn't have the correct skin color to coach for Tennessee.

That being said, it isn't even one of the top jobs in the SEC, let alone the nation.

The rumors of you guys hearing that Pitino wanted Richard on his team as an assistant until he was ready to retire. We heard that a lot here and Louisville fans will repeat that all the time here. (As a Kentucky fan I hear about it constantly.) Personally i don't hold bad feelings towards the Pitino's like a lot of people do and was excited to see Richard get an opportunity with you guys and I hope he stays. I like him there and think he will do very well for you.

As a Uk fan, would you take Richard to coach your team when Cal goes to Lakers?

Cuonzo Martin didn't have the correct skin color to coach for Tennessee.

That being said, it isn't even one of the top jobs in the SEC, let alone the nation.

Untrue. Same skin color as Bruce Pearl and they loved him.

As a Uk fan, would you take Richard to coach your team when Cal goes to Lakers?

I would be happy with that hire yes, I think he is one of the better up and coming coaches and he is a great recruiter. I would be in the minority though because most Kentucky fans really don't like the Pitino name.

I would be happy with that hire yes, I think he is one of the better up and coming coaches and he is a great recruiter. I would be in the minority though because most Kentucky fans really don't like the Pitino name.

Uh oh, you just pissed him off.

I love how these school's lose their coaches to Cal and Tulsa, but think so highly of themselves that surely they can steal a coach out of the B1G, no problem.

I love how these school's lose their coaches to Cal and Tulsa, but think so highly of themselves that surely they can steal a coach out of the B1G, no problem.

Just over a year ago, we had names like Fred Hoiberg, Shaka Smart, and Buzz Williams thrown around this forum...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Missouri job open. Hearing Rich Pitino is a finalist.</p>— Patrick Reusse (@1500ESPN_Reusse) <a href="https://twitter.com/1500ESPN_Reusse/statuses/456915526267064320">April 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(In case anyone gets worried)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/TravisAune">@TravisAune</a> There might be a bit of sarcasm there. ... No.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/456919898883911680">April 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just over a year ago, we had names like Fred Hoiberg, Shaka Smart, and Buzz Williams thrown around this forum...

I don't think anyone really thought we were getting Hoiberg or Buzz. Shaka, maybe but only because of the Teague/VCU connection.

I don't even mind Mizzou, they are a decent job. But when Tennesee, Auburn and LSU think they can take our coach it's laughable.

Fat Pat definitely trolling.

He tweeted in 10 minutes after Haith left. Clearly they don't have finalists to replace him. That's sarcasm, not trolling. Anyone who fell for it is an idiot. When he 'guaranteed' Reid Travis would be a Gopher...THAT was trolling.

Reusse loves all of the attention you give him.

He tweeted in 10 minutes after Haith left. Clearly they don't have finalists to replace him. That's sarcasm, not trolling. Anyone who fell for it is an idiot. When he 'guaranteed' Reid Travis would be a Gopher...THAT was trolling.

So he can't be sarcastic and trolling at the same time? I still think he was probably trolling. He likes getting a reaction out of people.

I don't think anyone really thought we were getting Hoiberg or Buzz. Shaka, maybe but only because of the Teague/VCU connection.

I don't even mind Mizzou, they are a decent job. But when Tennesee, Auburn and LSU think they can take our coach it's laughable.

And I'm not convinced that any of them think that they'll be getting Pitino. It's just some idiots on a message board doing the exact same thing that we did a year ago.

Word on the street has it that Pitino will coach for the Gophers next season. My sources tell me anyone who thinks otherwise or falls for any other rumor has anxiety problems or has insecurity issues.

Top Bottom