NCAA To Allow D-1 Student-Athletes Unlimited Meals and Snacks

GopherPop

Reaction score
Just read on Twitter Sports Center that the NCAA will allow unlimited meals and snacks. The NCAA is slowly starting on the road toward treating athletes they way they should be treated.

With this news, I say we grab Tacko Fall and park him at the Old Country Buffet for a couple years.

Just read on Twitter Sports Center that the NCAA will allow unlimited meals and snacks. The NCAA is slowly starting on the road toward treating athletes they way they should be treated.
ok as long as the students footing the bill do not see a raise in their fees to pay for the special benefits just for jocks

From former Kentucky QB Jared Lorenzen lol for those who don't know, he was slightly over weight.

“@JaredLorenzen22: I’ll tell u what the NCAA really lucked out that I don’t have any eligibility left.”

Wow hope he doesn't have to tuck and run with the hall. Also ugliest uniforms ever

Wow hope he doesn't have to tuck and run with the hall. Also ugliest uniforms ever

I'm sure all seven fans of the Northern Kentucky River Monsters will be very sad to hear you say that.

So what school is going to be the first to open an "athlete eating complex" complete with 24 hour chefs and a grocery area for kids to pick up whatever they want to take back to their dorms/apartments? This will another phase of the arms race in college athletics. It's much better than kids going hungry, but it's sad that there can't be some sort of middle ground between no cream cheese with the bagels because that makes the bagel a "meal" instead of a "snack" and 24 hour all you can eat grass fed steaks, free range chicken, and probably a bunch of junk food that athletes that are not in season will be allowed as a recruiting tool.

So what school is going to be the first to open an "athlete eating complex" complete with 24 hour chefs and a grocery area for kids to pick up whatever they want to take back to their dorms/apartments? This will another phase of the arms race in college athletics. It's much better than kids going hungry, but it's sad that there can't be some sort of middle ground between no cream cheese with the bagels because that makes the bagel a "meal" instead of a "snack" and 24 hour all you can eat grass fed steaks, free range chicken, and probably a bunch of junk food that athletes that are not in season will be allowed as a recruiting tool.

My money is on Oregon.

this isn't far off from what some places have anyway. A lot of schools open up the athletic eating area to all students for part of the day too

I could get mad that the NCAA caved into Shabaz Napier's comments about going hungry at night and that the kids spend money on stuff like tat's and cell phones but the NCAA doesn't come to me for advice and will do what they see fit. The real answer would be to just have food available when the athletes have time to eat since they have a very busy schedule and many times aren't able to eat when food service is open. If they need to have separate dining facilities so be it but athletes do need to be fed and fed a lot.

I could get mad that the NCAA caved into Shabaz Napier's comments about going hungry at night and that the kids spend money on stuff like tat's and cell phones but the NCAA doesn't come to me for advice and will do what they see fit. The real answer would be to just have food available when the athletes have time to eat since they have a very busy schedule and many times aren't able to eat when food service is open. If they need to have separate dining facilities so be it but "athletes do need to be fed and fed a lot."

Just like us old farts getting Meals on Wheels!

A reactionary move by the NCAA, but fine with it nonetheless.

Perhaps now we won't have to hear about it when athletes the likes of Shabazz Napier whine about their poor little tummies growling. Join the real world, Shabazz, it happens/happened to a lot of us, even some of us who weren't talented enough to get a full-ride athletic scholarship because we could dribble a basketball.

My money is on Oregon.

Oregon, Alabama, Tennessee and probably many more programs already have this. Those three already have a training table cafeteria, refreshments available in their player's lounge and also another snack bar in their weight rooms. It already has been part of the arms race for a while.

Minnesota. You didn't think $40 million was just for a 'training table' did you? :cool:

From former Kentucky QB Jared Lorenzen lol for those who don't know, he was slightly over weight.

“@JaredLorenzen22: I’ll tell u what the NCAA really lucked out that I don’t have any eligibility left.”

Ah, the Hefty Lefty. Helped the Giants win a Super Bowl!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And yes, I do expect college programs to now hire high-end team chefs.</p>— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/457155945639190528">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sid just announced that the U will be breaking ground on a $90 million athletic steak house behind the Bierman complex.

Top Bottom