Athlon ranks Gophers as 56th best job in America, says program hit ceiling under Mase

God I hate reruns of the "wren and Glen" show! When does fall practice start?

The idea of a "ceiling" is absurd. I bet we don't have to go back very far to find a point where back-to-back-to-back conference titles for Wisconsin would have been considered above its "ceiling."

Perception trumps reality. Always will when it comes to cold/Minnesota.

Which city has more annual daylight, Miami, Florida or Minneapolis, Minnesota? Which is the real Sunshine state?

I didn't find Mason too be a " smug ass hole" at all. It is amazing how people type cast someone without meeting them.

This whole discussion is bananas.

There's no ceiling on the program. They can improve incrementally every year, and if they find the effort and the resources to do that, the sky is the limit. So far coach Kill is doing that, and he's assured us that he believes the Gophers will be better this year than in 2013.

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier when they pointed out that football writers always assume that nothing will change from year to year or decade to decade. It feels like a safe statement, and we see it with the Gophers every single year. I can write ESPN's or Athlon's every-year assessment of the Gophers right now: "The Gophers may be better this year, but they'll have a hard time adding to their win total from last year." It never changes.

Top Bottom