No prime time games for Minnesota in just-announced ESPN Big Ten schedule

Really?!? Nebraska and PS get two and how do they select IL and OSU? It looks like a poor line up.

Sept. 6: Virginia Tech at Ohio State – 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

Sept. 20: Miami at Nebraska – 8 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Oct. 4: Nebraska at Michigan State – 8 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Oct. 11 : Penn State at Michigan – 7 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN2

Oct. 25: Ohio State at Penn State – 8 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Nov. 1 : Illinois at Ohio State – 8 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Lol. What else can MSU do? They won the Rose Bowl. Sorry, but Illinois doesn't deserve to play in prime time right now. The only West team with an ESPN home night game is Nebraska.

What about TCU? Is that going to be on ESPN, or one of the Fox channels?

Ohio St. and Illinois play for the Illibuck trophy, so at least it makes sense from that perspective. Nebraska and Michigan St. seems to make no sense at all. I can't help but notice that there's no prime time game scheduled for Sept. 27, when we have the Jug game, and in Ann Arbor no less. You'd think they'd take that opportunity to get a 2nd game for the only non-OSU program they care about, but apparently that's how badly they just don't want the Gophers on prime time.

Ohio St. and Illinois play for the Illibuck trophy, so at least it makes sense from that perspective. Nebraska and Michigan St. seems to make no sense at all. I can't help but notice that there's no prime time game scheduled for Sept. 27, when we have the Jug game, and in Ann Arbor no less. You'd think they'd take that opportunity to get a 2nd game for the only non-OSU program they care about, but apparently that's how badly they just don't want the Gophers on prime time.

On the ESPN blog they said there would be more announced in the near future. These are only the ABC/ESPN games, should be some non-con games on BTN.

I'm hoping for a second one besides the opener, maybe Iowa late in the year.

On the ESPN blog they said there would be more announced in the near future. These are only the ABC/ESPN games, should be some non-con games on BTN.

I'm hoping for a second one besides the opener, maybe Iowa late in the year.

Yeah, I initially made the mistake of thinking this was all of the prime time games, but then I remembered having several Gophers prime time games on BTN in the past (MSU 2009, OSU 2010, NDSU 2011, as I recall), so I made sure to put ESPN in the thread title so it was clear that this was only referencing the ESPN games.

Lol. What else can MSU do? They won the Rose Bowl. Sorry, but Illinois doesn't deserve to play in prime time right now. The only West team with an ESPN home night game is Nebraska?

I seem to recall the MSU @ Oregon game was moved up a week from Sept. 13 to Sept. 6 for TV purposes. With both teams expected to be in the top 10, I would imagine it either will be ABC/ESPN, FOX, or FS1's primo game that Saturday.

I feel bad for Ill. They get to lose by 50 on prime time.

Its only about the number of expected viewers. If we are on, it will be a game with Mich or OSU. Check the off season football reruns on BTN. 90% of the time either Mich or OSU will be one of the teams. Of course (due to watchers) the advertisers pay more. The only advantage to MN is sharing the profits at the end of the season.

I'll complain about the lack of respect shortly after we earn some respect. We have to win something at the end of the season that matters...B1G Title, Jan 1 Bowl, etc.

Top Bottom