Wally Ellenson transfering to another schoool to play basketball

I wish him the best, but he has a ton of work to do if he wants to play D1 ball. His skills would be great if he was 6"7" or bigger. As far as losing his brother, I don't think RP wants a Mom and Dad as assistant coaches, and I would be more shocked if Bo did. The best thing Henry could do is go a long way from home.

So of Wally's moms post on here were so pathetic... I forget what her user name was.

With the Duke offer, I think thats where Henry will end up. Many people I have spoke to think that he is a 2 year college player max. Regarding Wally. He will go D1, don't see him following his brother to Duke, no way could he walk on and have any PT at Duke (or any major college for that fact). He is not a good enough shooter a not a good defender. Those two things we his achilles heal in HS and continue to be so. He is a super athlete and good kid.

As someone who watched him play a lot of HS and aau ball, I wish him nothing but the best and hope he finds a basketball fit. It IS his first love. Thats fact.

Am I the only one that isn't super impressed by Henry Ellenson?

I am not. Rice Lake is a s $$ t hole for basketball. Josh Martin plays against slightly better competition than Henry, and puts up better numbers. Not sure how their rankings differ so much.

I am not. Rice Lake is a s $$ t hole for basketball. Josh Martin plays against slightly better competition than Henry, and puts up better numbers. Not sure how their rankings differ so much.

Henry Ellenson is a highly skilled 4 that can rebound, stretch the D, dribble penetrate, and block some shots. Martin is a brute, but does not appear to be all the skilled with the exception of dunking the basketball and rebounding. They are totally different players and there is a reason why Ellenson is ranked substantially higher than Martin. This is coming from a HUGE Martin fan that believes Martin will come in as a Frosh and start...and do WELL!

Henry Ellenson is a highly skilled 4 that can rebound, stretch the D, dribble penetrate, and block some shots

He must have really improved... I didn't think his shot or dribbling was that great. He is not explosive at all like Martin, so I have to give Josh the edge on rebounding and blocking shots in college.

Henry Ellenson is a highly skilled 4 that can rebound, stretch the D, dribble penetrate, and block some shots. Martin is a brute, but does not appear to be all the skilled with the exception of dunking the basketball and rebounding. They are totally different players and there is a reason why Ellenson is ranked substantially higher than Martin. This is coming from a HUGE Martin fan that believes Martin will come in as a Frosh and start...and do WELL!

From the sounds of it, whomever doesnt land this kid should just curl up in a fetal position and submit. Look out Menomonie, the beast is coming!

He must have really improved... I didn't think his shot or dribbling was that great. He is not explosive at all like Martin, so I have to give Josh the edge on rebounding and blocking shots in college.

Well, clearly he has improved. Henry shoots the ball extremely well and can penetrate on most 4's that are going to be guarding him. He is really smooth and fluid around the hoop as well. There is no question that Martin is a better run/jump athlete than Henry but arguing who is better at this point is simply idiotic. The U has a good player in Martin and it is unfair to compare the two.

PS - Just because one is explosive does not necessary translate to rebounding and blocking shots, timing is just as important as being able to jump high.

From the sounds of it, whomever doesnt land this kid should just curl up in a fetal position and submit. Look out Menomonie, the beast is coming!

Unless that team is coming off a FF appearance and already has a stretch 4 returning that starred on that team.

+1

According to Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop Henry just got offered by Coach K....Maybe Wally follows Henry to Duke for track. Although, the Ellenson family seem to be nothing more than drama queens.

I have heard that TT is recruiting Henry hard. They do have a good track program. Maybe, they land them both????

I have heard that TT is recruiting Henry hard. They do have a good track program. Maybe, they land them both????

TT would be the best place for the Ellenson boys. So damned far removed from Coach and Assistant Coach Ellensons that theycould not even run Tubby.

Classics.

The boys Pitino brought in have clearly gotten more opportunities than they deserve, and are touching the ball way too much. They are not Big Ten athletes and it is obvious during the scrimmage. Andre needs to run point. I don't even know if I can watch once the Big Ten begins. Just like a car crash I have to look away.

Gold team dribble dribble jack......dribble dribble prayer...dribble dribble dribble dribble! Unimpressed.

Great for Tubby, Great for the Gophers, coaches wasted Wally's freshman year.

Yes Why would Henry choose Minnesota? His brother sits on the bench while starters go 0-10. Most people could walk out of the stands and have better luck scoring right now!

There is a reason everyone on this board calls them "Becky ", they are a bore to watch, it can't be that more fun to play for the Grinch either. Did anyone consider that Wally did not want to go there? They did not offer his younger brother either maybe Becky offers you if they know you are going? Maybe the Ellenson boys would rather play basketball a little quicker than a snails pace.

By most accounts it sound like Wally's a good kid with helicopter parents. Just one opinion, but it might be good for him to branch out and go to school somewhere a long ways away from Mom & Dad. It would be beneficial for son & parents alike.

I have a question for the board...Is Mrs. Ellenson still nursing her pups??? Jesus Christ, even wild animals kick their pups out to fend for themselves after the pups have been weaned!!!

Didn't Wally's mom post on here bitching about how Tubby/coaches wasted his freshman season by not playing him?

This has gone full circle. I thought the "rumor" was that Wally wanted to play as a freshman. That he wanted to graduate in four or something like that. That it was basically his idea.

This has gone full circle. I thought the "rumor" was that Wally wanted to play as a freshman. That he wanted to graduate in four or something like that. That it was basically his idea.

Correct. And I think they were upset they didn't play him more his freshman year. Not sure though.

Correct. And I think they were upset they didn't play him more his freshman year. Not sure though.

Tubby talked of redshirting Wally, and family over ruled Tubby sayong they wanted him on the four year plan. The family was wrong.

Ha! So Tubby honors their plea to pull the redshirt, but not the part about playing. Classic.

In reading thru this thread, it is pretty obvious to me that most commentors do not have a lot of love nor respect for the Ellenson family. To be honest, I don't think we ever did. Classic example of the "buy...sell" philosophy.

He'll have just as good a shot at the Olympics competing for a D-2 school as he will competing for a D-1 school. The only difference, I imagine, is if he thinks the coaching he'll get at a lower level might hold him back.

Coaching and competition level matter in track too. Even high jumping. If goes D2, I highly doubt an Olympics is in his future. Probably not likely anyway.

Coaching and competition level matter in track too. Even high jumping. If goes D2, I highly doubt an Olympics is in his future. Probably not likely anyway.

I get the coaching - and other things - might matter. But why would the competition matter?

Top Bottom