Wally Ellenson transfering to another schoool to play basketball

Stan

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop">@therecruitscoop</a> former <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> basketball player Wally Ellenson will transfer from <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Minnesota&src=hash">#Minnesota</a> and intends to play basketball next year</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/455760634802872320">April 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Too bad he did not continue to develop under Pitino . This kills are chances with his top 50 brother recruit. He was sly enough to quit basketball after 2nd semester began so he could stay on payroll for full year. Cannot play D1 next year so he will take a huge drop in hoops and track level.

Too bad he did not continue to develop under Pitino . This kills are chances with his top 50 brother recruit. He was sly enough to quit basketball after 2nd semester began so he could stay on payroll for full year. Cannot play D1 next year so he will take a huge drop in hoops and track level.

I don't think Henry was ever coming here, I would say those chances officially died before the Lehigh game. I'll never forget how depressed the Ellenson's looked after we beat Wisconsin

must of cut it in the last few years, they had a top one when I was there. I do know they've had to make cuts to have Division one hockey and be Title IX complacent

Just checked, was dropped after 2011 season. Title IX the reason.

Stick to track Wally World. I could beat you in a game of horse ( no dunking please, so that would eliminate you getting a letter on me )

I don't think Henry was ever coming here, I would say those chances officially died before the Lehigh game. I'll never forget how depressed the Ellenson's looked after we beat Wisconsin

I would guess they looked depressed because their son wasn't playing, nothing to do with the result. I think Wally's deal of being a devoted track guy who also played basketball (and had that pay his way) ended the minute Tubby was fired. Most high D1 coaches wouldn't give him that gig. Good luck to him in D2 ball.

Good luck to him in D2 ball.

I be shocked it he goes to a D2 school. I'm sure he will still want to compete in NCAA D1 track and field championship.

If he really wants to get playing time he better go to much lower tier D1 school. People tried to say he was a good shooter because what they observed in warm-ups... that means $hit. The kid lay's bricks when the bright lights are on.

I be shocked it he goes to a D2 school. I'm sure he will still want to compete in NCAA D1 track and field championship.

If he really wants to get playing time he better go to much lower tier D1 school. People tried to say he was a good shooter because what they observed in warm-ups... that means $hit. The kid lay's bricks when the bright lights are on.

If he stays D-1, he will not be playing next year. I think we can lay off him now that he is no longer part of our program. None of us saw enough of him to know how good or not he could be, but he obviously did not show enough in practice to get playing time. Good luck to him in his future, which eventually will be only one sport. Playing two, even at D-2, is a tough go on multiple levels.

If he stays D-1, he will not be playing next year

I wonder if he meant with a team next year... not playing. If he want's to get a shot at Rio '16 (which I believe he does) I can't see him going to a D2 school.

We'll find out soon enough.

Ken Novak said Wally may be playing for Hopkins next season.

He'll have just as good a shot at the Olympics competing for a D-2 school as he will competing for a D-1 school. The only difference, I imagine, is if he thinks the coaching he'll get at a lower level might hold him back.

He'll have just as good a shot at the Olympics competing for a D-2 school as he will competing for a D-1 school. The only difference, I imagine, is if he thinks the coaching he'll get at a lower level might hold him back.

I factored that in. Coaching, trainers, etc. So no, he would not have as good of a shot, in most cases, if he attended a D2 school.

But what about wearing some University of Minnesota garb in support of his brother, Wally, a seldom-used sophomore on the Gophers basketball team, a school that has offered Henry a scholarship?

Nope, he said, adding, "I don't think that it's working in the Gophers' favor when (Wally) isn't getting any playing time." -Hank E.

-Good riddance to this family.

HOOP DREAMS, your last 5 words are totally accurate.

Henry Ellenson Offered By Duke

According to Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop Henry just got offered by Coach K....Maybe Wally follows Henry to Duke for track. Although, the Ellenson family seem to be nothing more than drama queens.

I remember how Tubby on The Sports.Huddle every Sunday kept talking about what a great shooter he was. The white guy is always the shooter. lol Wally was a good athlete if nothing else.

Am I the only one that isn't super impressed by Henry Ellenson?

According to Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop Henry just got offered by Coach K....Maybe Wally follows Henry to Duke for track. Although, the Ellenson family seem to be nothing more than drama queens.

Frankly I'd rather have Henry at Duke than Wisconsin. Get him out of our conference so we don't have to be reminded about him and his family twice a year.

Frankly I'd rather have Henry at Duke than Wisconsin. Get him out of our conference so we don't have to be reminded about him and his family twice a year.

I'd like to see him at Wisky, all the more reason to heckle the Bastard Badgers. Have the Ellensons sit close to Coach P's brother in a chicken suit and let him go at it with 'em!!!

I wish him the best, but he has a ton of work to do if he wants to play D1 ball. His skills would be great if he was 6"7" or bigger. As far as losing his brother, I don't think RP wants a Mom and Dad as assistant coaches, and I would be more shocked if Bo did. The best thing Henry could do is go a long way from home.

Top Bottom