Limegrover: “I think our receivers know we recruited three phenomenal freshmen”

Leidner is fine, the dude can run anyone over he want's to at any time and the kid has a fantastic arm. I'm not worried about Mitch Leidner his teamates have his back and once the o-line is back together and we mix in the new receivers to challenge the older guys and the status quo things will only look up. The new kids are some of the best receivers that we have recruited in 10 years. All I need to know is that Leidner threw about as good a pass as you can throw at the end of the bowl game against Syracuse, it was well defended and hit the reciever in the chest, if he had reacted to the ball with hands instead of body that's a game winning touchdown. All of that with pressure and a throw not a lot guys can make on a dime, to know that Leidner can only get better. Mitch is going to square his crap away and be a good one. By the end of next season Leidner will be one of the better QB's in the Big 10 when it is all said and done.
I hope that you are correct. Last night I watched last year's Mich State game replayed on the B1G Network. IMHO Leidner has has poor pocket presence, therefore takes too many sacks, and he still does not tuck the ball away. I'm sure that the coaches hound him about tucking the ball away and he probably thinks that he is doing that. If Leidner is to become one of the conferences better QB's, Zabrowski will deserve a huge pay raise. Again, I hope that you are correct, Go Gophers!

I hope that you are correct. Last night I watched last year's Mich State game replayed on the B1G Network. IMHO Leidner has has poor pocket presence, therefore takes too many sacks, and he still does not tuck the ball away. I'm sure that the coaches hound him about tucking the ball away and he probably thinks that he is doing that. If Leidner is to become one of the conferences better QB's, Zabrowski will deserve a huge pay raise. Again, I hope that you are correct, Go Gophers!
You also were watching a freshman quarterback try to operate against the toughest most sophisticated defense in the B1G.

Fair enough. To be honest, I stopped paying close attention to recruiting around 2010/2011ish. That said, I haven't ever completely turned a blind eye to recruiting. With Harbison and McDonald, I hoped for good results, as both seemed to have some of the requisite tools. Whereas now I fully expect Holland to be an impact player, and hope for good results from the rest. If you subtract Holland from the equation, I'd put the Harbsion/McDonald duo above our current class, w/ Holland I'd say this is our best class.

KJ maye was very comparable to Krizancic and Fruechte was also in that class as well.

True, but there are usually some factor or factors that come into play when a five star is a total bust. I'm curious what the consensus was on Hayo. He did....nothing as a gopher correct?

Apparently he had a successful juco career. So, what gives?

And you base this on what??? It's called having moves. He ran past them after making good moves.
I'm not saying he won't be successful...(I really hope he is). I'm simply saying its hard to gauge important abilities (i.e. going up & fighting for balls, his comparative strength to his future B1G opposition, etc) when he's wide open having blown past every one and essentially just playing catch with the qb because he's all alone with a db trailing 4 steps behind him. He obviously he's the measurables(he'll have to bulk up a bit for B1G play). Hope that clarified what I was saying. At the end of the day, if he helps the gophers win more games I'll be a very happy camper.

True, but there are usually some factor or factors that come into play when a five star is a total bust. I'm curious what the consensus was on Hayo. He did....nothing as a gopher correct?

Apparently he had a successful juco career. So, what gives?

And sometimes the ratings are just wrong. Story was that Hayo wasn't nearly as fast as believed.

I'm not saying he won't be successful...(I really hope he is). I'm simply saying its hard to gauge important abilities (i.e. going up & fighting for balls, his comparative strength to his future B1G opposition, etc) when he's wide open having blown past every one and essentially just playing catch with the qb because he's all alone with a db trailing 4 steps behind him. He obviously he's the measurables(he'll have to bulk up a bit for B1G play). Hope that clarified what I was saying. At the end of the day, if he helps the gophers win more games I'll be a very happy camper.

Well played sir

My question would be: does Coach Limegrover know that he recruited three phenomenal freshmen, and IF so, what does he plan to alter in his calling of plays, game planning and line-coaching techniques to put these freshmen in a position to "put the fear" into his receivers so that they will do a better job in the 2014 season? There may be problems with players...there may be problems with schemes...there may be problems with quarterbacks...there may be problems with offensive linemen...there may be problems with the offensive coordinator. Or, it may be a combination of all these variables.

Let's hope our offensive coordinator calls the right plays all the time in 2014 so that the returning receivers have a chance against the three phenoms that he is currently threatening the returning receivers with...the returning receivers have to believe that a passing game IS important to their offensive coordinator!

The last thing I want to be remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth.

Well then quit being an annoying "hooker onto a post with an annoying little one, stinking sentence nasty-a$$ed meaningless comment..." broken plane. Hookers onto a post serve NO purpose. Personally, it is hookers on to posts, like you broken plane that are REALLY annoying and have NO purpose for posting. Come up with an original thought. At least I introduced a question based upon watching 3 seasons worth of Coach Limegrover's play calling, running off quarterbacks and difficulties getting the ball to his wide receivers. And, now: it is clear to me that the offensive coordinator HAS to sell the concept to his receivers that he really DOES want to incorporate a passing game into his offense. He did NOT show that during the last 3 seasons in a convincing way.

Or, have you been happy with Coach Limegrover's commitment to a passing game?

He did a very nice job of that at the 1:02 mark in the video.

Blah, blah, blah

You treat words like a toddler treats finger-paints.

You have a perfectly pristine work area when you choose to post, and what you do it vomit words onto that surface. And like a child, you crush and mush those words together until it becomes an unintelligible pile of words that only appear to create a clear picture to you.

Wolitarsky confused me last season. I thought he showed better speed and moves than advertised. I also thought he showed worse hands than advertised. I don't know what to believe.

You treat words like a toddler treats finger-paints.

You have a perfectly pristine work area when you choose to post, and what you do it vomit words onto that surface. And like a child, you crush and mush those words together until it becomes an unintelligible pile of words that only appear to create a clear picture to you.

And, you take your blank canvas and cut, copy and past sh#t stains, the saddest of all pictures of someone's human condition and then attempt to pass it off as a post????? Based on the crap you paint on your canvas, your world is very sick. I would question your unregistered user status and would have to believe that you may verge on becoming an unregistered abuser.

The cut and paste pictures you post on these pages reflects your pathological view of YOUR world. We can very easily go back to find the evidence of your sick, disgusting and repulsive tendencies.

Have a good evening unregistered person. Personally I really don't care what someone like you thinks. I see only what you do. Those pictures and animations you post are mostly sick...very sick images of your view of the world.

Well then quit being an annoying "hooker onto a post with an annoying little one, stinking sentence nasty-a$$ed meaningless comment..." broken plane. Hookers onto a post serve NO purpose. Personally, it is hookers on to posts, like you broken plane that are REALLY annoying and have NO purpose for posting. Come up with an original thought. At least I introduced a question based upon watching 3 seasons worth of Coach Limegrover's play calling, running off quarterbacks and difficulties getting the ball to his wide receivers. And, now: it is clear to me that the offensive coordinator HAS to sell the concept to his receivers that he really DOES want to incorporate a passing game into his offense. He did NOT show that during the last 3 seasons in a convincing way.

Or, have you been happy with Coach Limegrover's commitment to a passing game?
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel better. I'm an easy target.

You'll have to promote your condition yourself. I won't take part in your pathological exhibitionism and self-abuse. You do what ever it is you do. If GOPHERHOLE wants you to use that sh$t on their web site, then they can journey to the depths of the seedy side of the internet and journey with you on your magic carpet just as low as you can get. They are adult boys and girls in charge of GOPHERHOLE and if that is what GOPHERHOLE wants, I'm sure you are just the person to do that for them.

Yes, you do have a long history of that behavior. Congratulations are in order, I guess.

So, by all means: do youR thing more often. Do it every day. Get more creative. Be more daring. Be BOLD. I'm sure many people on GOPHERHOLE will absolutely be right there, right with you loving what you are doing and will be craving more. You do have a gift for doing that thing that you do. Cut...paste...find the perfect piece of garbage to post on GOPHERHOLE. Make it disgusting. Try to humiliate. Try to post a picture that is worth ten thousand words...or even more. But, take it to newer and lower limits. Show everyone who ever visits GOPHERHOLE just exactly who you are...how you are and why you are the way you appear to want to be.

And ramp it up. You are invincible. You can do all. You can say all. You can film edit anything you damn well want to. And NOBODY is going to touch you. The moderators on GOPHERHOLE are there to mess with other people. And you, with all of your unregistered sense of entitlement can do...and will do what ever you wish to do.

So take it to the limit. Push harder. Take it to new depths. How low can you go and still be unregistered? I'm sure you can get by with more...much more...Go for it unregistered user. Go for it!

I'd agree with that

Wolitarsky confused me last season. I thought he showed better speed and moves than advertised. I also thought he showed worse hands than advertised. I don't know what to believe.

Yeah, I had the same analysis. It was/is puzzling.

Hopefully, the hands part was nerves & confidence and he's a stud this fall.

Get more creative. Be more daring. Be BOLD.

Goodness! I'm flattered! I'll see if I can create something special for you tomorrow. You have inspired me to become even more creative. And I owe you thanks for that.

Cut...paste...

I never cut and paste, I am not able to remove an image from a website. I copy/paste on occasion, but the real satisfaction comes from OC (original content). Although, it is hard to deny that there are often pictures or gifs (those are the little animated "movies" that repeat) that exist that are perfectly appropriate as a response. I am truly touched that you pay so much attention to my efforts!

So take it to the limit. Push harder. Take it to new depths. How low can you go and still be unregistered? I'm sure you can get by with more...much more...Go for it unregistered user. Go for it!

You sly boots, you. If I didn't know better, I would think that you're challenging me to create something that might get me banned. I hate to break your heart, but I don't think I want to push it that far. Will you still love me?

Oh, and for the record, and to keep this thread on topic; I am really excited about Melvin Holland. At the end of it all, with the receivers that we have brought in with this class, I think he will be the cream of the crop. But I truly hope that it is a fight to be the best of this class.

to most readers here - wren/walrus/unreg...and a few other log ins are all the same person. i'm being serious

It is happening again, wren has turned this string into vomit with his rambling nonsense. Monitors - You need to give him a time out until he learns to behave himself.

It is happening again, wren has turned this string into vomit with his rambling nonsense. Monitors - You need to give him a time out until he learns to behave himself.
I like how in the midst of his incessant ramblings, he takes the time to chastise other posters about their behavior on this board. I have never been banned for my behavior on this or any other board. Don't think Billy Blowhard can say the same.

to most readers here - wren/walrus/unreg...and a few other log ins are all the same person. i'm being serious

You can't be serious.

Wren, the user was banned. He re-registered under a new user name, walrus.

Focus people! Focus on the subject. Let's not reflexively revert to our Neolithic past and comment on the subject and not the person.

By the way, I have many beautiful wren's flying around my back yard. Cute little birds.

As for our new wide receivers, they could learn a thing or two from the flight of these little wrens in pass patterns. Agile little nippers!

Top Bottom