Temporary seating

Maroon92

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the temporary seating for the vikings will be available for Gopher season ticket upgrades or single games seats? I have looked through the renewal site and there is nothing that addresses that question. I am assuming those seats are up for the gopher games and not taken down after each Viking game

Does anyone know if the temporary seating for the vikings will be available for Gopher season ticket upgrades or single games seats? I have looked through the renewal site and there is nothing that addresses that question. I am assuming those seats are up for the gopher games and not taken down after each Viking game

My knowledge of the situation is the bleacher seating will be set up in August and removed right away after the last game. Then re-installed again the following August for the second season. The U does not want them sitting there when football is not being played. I do not know if the Gophers plan to use them, but they will be there during the season.

I was talking with my buddies about the seating for the Queenies also. I assume the Queens want to sell every possible seat, which would include the band pit. Hopefully they calculate the correct seating capacity requirements, unlike our stadium planners. Wonder how they will provide access to the pit from the general seating area, as the band has a separate entrance on the field.

Plus, there is nothing in front of the pit to prevent someone from running on the field (as do those wacky cymbol players). One of my pals thought the U should rent out some of their 100 year old "security" guys to stand in front of them & keep them in line.

One thing is for certain, knowing how the U of MN can screw up a one car parade, they will find a way to get screwed out of this "temporary" deal.

I was talking with my buddies about the seating for the Queenies also. I assume the Queens want to sell every possible seat, which would include the band pit. Hopefully they calculate the correct seating capacity requirements, unlike our stadium planners. Wonder how they will provide access to the pit from the general seating area, as the band has a separate entrance on the field.

Plus, there is nothing in front of the pit to prevent someone from running on the field (as do those wacky cymbol players). One of my pals thought the U should rent out some of their 100 year old "security" guys to stand in front of them & keep them in line.

One thing is for certain, knowing how the U of MN can screw up a one car parade, they will find a way to get screwed out of this "temporary" deal.

Anything else? Can't follow at all what you are talking about here.

Anybody else who doesn't give a crap about what happens during an NFL game at TCFBS on a Sunday? I won't be there. How does it affect me?

Will the temporary seating affect my view of the campus and downtown skyline as I look to the West end of the stadium from my seats in 117?

I was talking with my buddies about the seating for the Queenies also. I assume the Queens want to sell every possible seat

I bet these "jokes" are a real hit with your buddies.

I'm certain the Gophers will sell the temporary seating in place for Vikings games, but also believe it will be on a single game basis. Any season ticket holder theoretically placed there would have to move after the 2015 season regardless, so the ticket office would likely wish to not create any avoidable admin work on this front. The tempoary seats in the open endzone will hold 2,134 spectators and are roughly equivalent in size to the small, permanent sections already in that part of the stadium.

Per the user agreement, the Vikings must provide the U of M with 100 complimentary tickets in the band pit for each preseason and regular game. Although playoff game tickets aren't complimentary, the U of M has the right to purchase those seats at the same prices as those offered to the public. On Vikings seating charts for The Bank, none of the band pit seats are marked with ticket prices and appear to be not on sale to the general public.

Top Bottom