Congratulations

Well I mean call it whatever you want but I'd be pretty god damn pissed if I came back to my car and it had a street sign through the windows because some frat bros had a few too many Natty's.

If you call that a "riot" then the standards have been set pretty low. Arizona, UCSB, Kentucky, Connecticut and maybe ISU put more heart into it. Though the Minneapolis stations were live and almost "pleading" for a riot. Channel 9 got punked trying to look for police and student violence.

On the other hand their viewers got to see some wannabe punks giving them the finger.

Even President Kaler seemed to be begging for it, what with his "Whatever you do, you'd BETTER not riot!" schtick. There probably would have been even fewer things going on if it weren't for the media and police clamoring for a riot.

But I was there. The "riot" was a nothingburger. The part that resembled a riot, if you squint, lasted maybe 10 or 15 minutes. The rest of it was just a bunch of drunk students coming to look at the cops and take selfies.

More than anything (with the exception of a few morons/a$$holes), it was just a large group of students all leaving the bars at the same time after the game.

Also, were any of the arrests "frat bros" with too many "Natty's"? I hadn't heard anything about the affiliations of the arrestees.

Top Bottom