*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS/UNION NATIONAL TITLE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
WHOA NELLIE AM I FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to miss the first half of the game because the law school's hockey team (the Fighting Mondales) has a game in the historic Golden Gavel tournament against the other MN law schools. Hope I don't kill anyone as I drive at breakneck speed to the bar after I'm done playing.

I am so pumped for this game. Can't wait!!! You know I can't wait!!!

How did Warning get that goal??? 2-1 Gophers!
Action packed game so far.

What a game so far!! But question: What did Minnesota ever do to Barry Melrose? He almost seems like he's actively rooting for Union, just like he did for UND the other night.

What a game so far!! But question: What did Minnesota ever do to Barry Melrose? He almost seems like he's actively rooting for Union, just like he did for UND the other night.

Gophs have the commentators and the refs against them again. How about Fasching getting took down earlier on his break to the net?

Also the ESPN clowns said the Gophers have never beaten an ECAC team........what? I call BS!! Someone want to look that one up?

Gee could they get any more excited for a Union goal?

Wilcox and or Rau needed to cover that puck.

It's pretty clear who Melrose wants to win this game. He's been sucking off Union at every chance (as has Buccigross). As it stands, it's 3-2 (edit, now 4-2) in favor of the newbies. Guys need to clean things up.

Game isn't over, but my God, pick things up.

And things are getting bad. Cannot put this on Wilcox so far; our skaters have been beyond pathetic on defense. Basically letting them win loose pucks, sit in our zone for as long as they want, shoot as many times as they want off Wilcox's rebounds until they score. We've been fine offensively, but where's the defense?

I take it this game is going on right now? I can't find anything about it. Where would I go to check the score?

It's pretty clear who Melrose wants to win this game. He's been sucking off Union at every chance (as has Buccigross). As it stands, it's 3-2 (edit, now 4-2) in favor of the newbies. Guys need to clean things up.

Game isn't over, but my God, pick things up.

This stupid website keeps logging me off!!!

Gophers need to get their act together. 3 goals in less than 2 minutes is pretty bad.

Union like NDak is loaded with Canucks and some of them are in their mid 20's so that is the only thing I agree with the ESPN clowns, Union should be favored.

Basically, Union is just playing harder, especially in our end right now. Can't win that way. Outhustled in your own zone is a really bad sign.

Wilcox has to feel like the last soldier standing. The rest of his troop has been shot and killed as it appears. For the second time in this frozen four Wilcox's team has left him hanging out to dry. I actually felt sorry for him in those last 6 minutes.

This is where you find out how good your coaches are. Lucia and the crew need to do some soul searching right now or this is gonna get really ugly.

Gee could they get any more excited for a Union goal?

Wilcox and or Rau needed to cover that puck.

Good God, it is hard to listen to these idiots. Our nick name is not "Minny" you fukcing dumb Canuck.

No penalty called when Kloos got chopped down - not a peep from these clowns. Every time a Gopher puts a stick on a Union player - Bugicross says "No call on that one"

My head may explode.

Come on boys!!!!!!!! Get back that nastiness and effort we had in the first 10 minutes!!

This stupid website keeps logging me off!!!

Gophers need to get their act together. 3 goals in less than 2 minutes is pretty bad.

Union like NDak is loaded with Canucks and some of them are in their mid 20's so that is the only thing I agree with the ESPN clowns, Union should be favored.

I think they have one guy who will start collecting social security soon.

Either way, pathetic showing so far. It's all about effort right now. And I wouldn't put it on Wilcox. Not his fault.

what a disappointing last 10 minutes of the period. its as if it came too easy early. outplayed big time.

I think they have one guy who will start collecting social security soon.

A little early to be feeling sorry for ourselves and making excuses. Hope the players are pissed and can't wait to get out there. Never thought I would see this bunch shell-shocked and scared.

A little early to be feeling sorry for ourselves and making excuses. Hope the players are pissed and can't wait to get out there. Never thought I would see this bunch shell-shocked and scared.

You convenient left off the rest of my post. Not trying to make an excuse at all. Just mentioned that they have one guy that is extremely old, even for college hockey.

And as I type that, we score!

They've looked especially passive, which always seems to strike me as the way Lucia teams play.

there we go! that's 1 back!

And we still don't get any credit from Barry Melrose. It was all Union's wrong-doing in his opinion. Also, quit calling us "Minny". I'd almost listen to another Bob Knight-called NIT game...almost.

And we still don't get any credit from Barry Melrose. It's was all Union's wrong-doing in his opinion. Also, quit calling us "Minny". I'd almost listen to another Bob Knight-called NIT game...almost.

Could only take Melrose for so long before things went on mute. Never have I heard him openly cheer-lead for a team like he has been tonight. He might as well put on a Union jersey and wave some pompoms.

Buccigross feels the need to toss in what NHL team owns the rights of every damn player, even during tight action. Who cares?

Could only take Melrose for so long before things went on mute. Never have I heard him openly cheer-lead for a team like he has been tonight. He might as well put on a Union jersey and wave some pompoms.

Because he needs everyone how much he knows. He sucks, but no where near as bad as Melrose

Top Bottom