Gaston Diedhiou commits to Gophers

a more recent video from 4 months ago
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YWh5fd9mC88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There are multiple videos put together by that academy if you want to scour for some them for a hew highlights.

Richard Pitino added a fourth commitment to his 2014 recruiting class at Minnesota on Friday.
Canarias Basketball Academy big man Gaston Diedhiou, who is originally from Senegal, pledged to Pitino and his staff, according to a source. He's expected to sign a Letter of Intent next week.

At 6-foot-9, 240-pounds, Diedhiou is known for his athleticism, ability to run the floor and his physical presence in the paint.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1392986.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gaston Diedhiou is an athletic 6-foot-9 forward who lives in Spain. Had heard Pitino had something surprising in the 2014 class.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/454698895822450688">April 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

a more recent video from 4 months ago
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YWh5fd9mC88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There are multiple videos put together by that academy if you want to scour for some them for a hew highlights.

Are we thinking he's #15?

I think we should all just trust the staff with this one. How many of us knew about Mathieu and McNeil this time last year? I'm happy we got him we certainly needed a 5.

Are we thinking he's #15?
His number appears to change across the different videos on that page, but in this one, yes. You can see his face clearly at :42

How many of us knew about Mathieu and McNeil this time last year?

Not many knew about Mathieu, but practically anyone who views the board knew about McNeil, because one of the first things a lot of us did was look at his FIU commit list to see if there were any prospects worth bringing along.

Will he be able to get in school? Has anyone pid him to play? Figuring out foreign transcriprts is a nightmare.

some more highlights
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z9eGkt3etkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not many knew about Mathieu, but practically anyone who views the board knew about McNeil, because one of the first things a lot of us did was look at his FIU commit list to see if there were any prospects worth bringing along.

But how much did everyone know about McNeil outside of a video or two? We found out more about McNeil as time went on and i'm sure the same will happen with Gaston.

some more highlights
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z9eGkt3etkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Someone needs to tell Canarias Basketball Academy to bump up their exposure a bit. Dark gym. Under-exposed. Gaston looks like Silhouette Man out there.

some more highlights

It's hard to gauge competition, but he looks like a rim protector which we can never have enough of. He also looks pretty athletic. Intriguing.

Go Gophers!!

Getting 20 year old freshmen can be good. Those are the sort of guys that can dominate as seniors since they are essentially in their prime. Hope this guy pans out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I bet there's a pretty good chance Papa Pit steered son Rich to this guy?

Okay, I'm on board. He looks big, strong, and physically aggressive. Andre Ingram and others have proved how useful that can be, even without many other skills in the toolbox. And that's something we desperately missed last year. I'm assuming Josh Martin will bring a little of that banging mentality, but other than him, we've got nobody willing to lower a shoulder inside (besides Li'l Dre, and that's why we love him). This guy looks physical and nasty, and I look forward to seeing him. (And now I'm even MORE upset about the absence of Pulley this year).

I'm intrigued. He definitely doesn't look too skinny in the more recent highlights. Looks like a good athlete with size and length.

It's hard to gauge competition, but he looks like a rim protector which we can never have enough of. He also looks pretty athletic. Intriguing.

Go Gophers!!

Senegal is now supplying players to the Wolves and the Gophers?

But how much did everyone know about McNeil outside of a video or two? We found out more about McNeil as time went on and i'm sure the same will happen with Gaston.

McNeil had 4 video's, was fairly heavily recruited, we had comments from his coach, etc. No comparison between the two.

That first comment is hilarious, "Posterizing dumpy white guys since 2013".

Pretty good... He is dunking over a white guy who can hardly touch the net. Still he looks to have good size. If he is 240lbs and athletic Buggs might move on???

Okay, I'm on board. He looks big, strong, and physically aggressive. Andre Ingram and others have proved how useful that can be, even without many other skills in the toolbox. And that's something we desperately missed last year. I'm assuming Josh Martin will bring a little of that banging mentality, but other than him, we've got nobody willing to lower a shoulder inside (besides Li'l Dre, and that's why we love him). This guy looks physical and nasty, and I look forward to seeing him. (And now I'm even MORE upset about the absence of Pulley this year).

+1

Pretty good... He is dunking over a white guy who can hardly touch the net. Still he looks to have good size. If he is 240lbs and athletic Buggs might move on???

Really? Why are you trying to push players out the door when we already have more than enough open scholarships.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Gorgei Deng 2.0. Looks like an athlete and from his recent video, certainly isn't what I'd call skinny. Redshirt next year, then challenge for starting C position.

You knew it would get interesting with 3 remaining scholarships, and it wouldn't be surprising to see something like 1 mystery foreign guy (Gaston), 1 transfer, and 1 late bloomer spring recruit.

Top Bottom