Gaston Diedhiou commits to Gophers

no way these are 10' rims.. look abuot 9'6"... or all these guys are 8' tall.

I don't know, the rim looks more like 9 feet, 8 inches to me... My eyes must be deceiving me! :D

A short 247 piece from a couple days ago on Gaston.

"He’s someone whose offensive game is raw and needs some finesse and refinement to be a legitimate threat on the court.

The Gophers want him in the low block on this end of the court and nowhere else. His game isn’t stepping out to take mid-range jumpshots. It’s to back people down in the post and go up strong. Free throws are something he needs to improve upon and become more consistent because that style of play will lead him to the charity stripe quite a bit during his career. He’s ready to go from a defensive standpoint and that’s where he will have the most impact early on. His size and athletic ability will help him be an effective rebounder right away."

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Signee-Spotlight-Gaston-Diedhiou-29585822

"The Gophers want him in the low block on this end of the court and nowhere else. His game isn’t stepping out to take mid-range jumpshots. It’s to back people down in the post and go up strong."

"One could make the case for him to play either power forward or center."

Something isn't adding up...

"The Gophers want him in the low block on this end of the court and nowhere else.

"One could make the case for him to play either power forward or center."

What would we do without this great incite?

Of all the Gopher recruits, Diedhiou sounds like the biggest project. Will take whatever minutes we can get out of him to spell MoElliott.

Of all the Gopher recruits, Diedhiou sounds like the biggest project. Will take whatever minutes we can get out of him to spell MoElliott.

And the oldest and most likely to redshirt. Although the might redshirt Bakary in order to create separation of the the 2 frosh bigs and Get maybe 4 starting years out of Bakary.

Watching that video, he really reminds me a lot of Trevor. I'm not saying we'll see similar production, but I definitely see similarities in style of play.

A short 247 piece from a couple days ago on Gaston.

"He’s someone whose offensive game is raw and needs some finesse and refinement to be a legitimate threat on the court.

The Gophers want him in the low block on this end of the court and nowhere else. His game isn’t stepping out to take mid-range jumpshots. It’s to back people down in the post and go up strong. Free throws are something he needs to improve upon and become more consistent because that style of play will lead him to the charity stripe quite a bit during his career. He’s ready to go from a defensive standpoint and that’s where he will have the most impact early on. His size and athletic ability will help him be an effective rebounder right away."

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Article/Signee-Spotlight-Gaston-Diedhiou-29585822

Don't think he redshirts. He plays early and often. He needs experience to go with his physical and skill development. Recruiting is just going to get better each year. Don't need him in his fifth year as much as preparing him for his sophomore year when he becomes essential.

I think he is better than many expect. I expect a lot from him this year.

Don't think he redshirts. He plays early and often. He needs experience to go with his physical and skill development. Recruiting is just going to get better each year. Don't need him in his fifth year as much as preparing him for his sophomore year when he becomes essential.

I think he is better than many expect. I expect a lot from him this year.
Yeah, No way he redshirts while Konate plays. Just makes zero sense to me. Gaston can play either 4 or 5 while Konate is strictly a 5 and we all know that Mo and Elliot have the 2 deeps locked up for the 5 position so the only room for either of them to play would be at the 4 and that would be Gaston. He has better size and length then either Martin or King and he isn't that far off offensively or athletically then Martin is he?

No one here has any idea.

No one knows this yet, either. This guy is a complete mystery to us and even guys at the recruiting sites.

Keyser, never, never, never tell a GH'er that no one knows. We have way too many experts here to accuse them of not knowing

Top Bottom