Who wins the National Title game?

Who wins the National Title game?

• Minnesota

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Union

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

This Gopher team struggled mightily against UND, which is a lesser team than Union. I was saying during this recent game, that if UND won, it was because they deserved it, if the Gophers won, it was because of luck. That statement is mostly true, but there were other factors other than luck being involved. The Gophers have the best goalie in college hockey, and the coaching staff was great tonight...but, we were outplayed tonight on most ends, and UND is a lesser team than Union.

Regardless, the Gopher team we saw tonight, was not nearly as good as the Gopher team we have seen the majority of the season. We may lose if the team shows up against Union, like they showed up against UND...if the team plays like they have the majority of the season, then no doubt the Gophers win.

Gophers didn't get to the net at all, not a whole lot of flow and I think that was because they took a more defensive mindset. Nobody wanted to make a mistake since it was such a big rivalry and stage. We got a good defensive game and thank god for wilcox.

The whioux are not a bad team by any means. I think they were hungover from the wcha in the beginning of the year and that caused the slow start. But they got hot like they always do and im just glad we doused the flame. On to Union, Its going to be great matchup, 1 vs. 2.

And honestly I wanted Union. BC always scares me with how they can score in a hurry. Either way looking forward to saturday!

As great as watching the Gophers beat North Dakota was, I think the game against Union is a really tough one for the guys. Having watched Union for the first time in the first semifinal, I was very very impressed with everything about their game. They're smart, fast, skilled, and deep. I think we have a better goal tender, and we're going to need him because this Union team can really finish when they get the opportunity. They were dynamite against Boston College and I'm really concerned about their overall game.

The Gophers are a younger team and struggled against North Dakota for much of the evening imo. Right now, Union should be considered the favorite. I'm hoping that I can be wrong one more time and that the Gophers come home with the hardware. But I'm nervous about facing the Dutchmen with how they are playing right now.

Having said all that, in a one-game scenario, anything can and often does happen. And I'm hoping the guys come out and play their best game of the season because that's what it will take to win imo.

I thought the gophers looked like a team that hadn't played in two weeks last night, thank god Wilcox was sharp, I think will see a sharper gopher squad on Saturday. Dutchman are legit two frozen fours in the last three years, I also think due to the rivalry we got UND best shot and the team with less talent in this rivalry has always had a history of playing up to their rivals level, the sioux threw everything they had at us. Onto Saturday

I'm surprised its Union. I only caught the beginning of that game and it looked to me BC would dominate.

Here we go!!

Union is damn good. Bottom line though, we can't lose to a title game to a school smaller than Gustavus. (~2,200 vs. ~2,600 undergraduates)

I think the UND game was just what the Gophers needed. A wake up call and a win. Union pays uptempo which is wht we like. It won't be easy, but I'll take my Gophers !

They also have to make sure they don't have an emotional hangover from the UND game. One of my biggest concerns regarding this team is that they seem to play their best against big time programs, and don't seem ready to play your typical Mariucci Classic "filler" teams like Union. For a team like Minnesota, it's easy to get up for a storied program like UND or BC, but maybe not so much for a team like Union, who doesn't have much history.

But this is the National Championship game. And Union has proven that they are for real. If that's not enough reason to pick up your intensity, and play the game of your life, I don't know what is.

This is crap so far. 4 goals? No way we should be losing to these twerps.

Top Bottom