mcal24

Reaction score
rko66b5.jpg

xFogNuo.jpg

Attachments

• Bk6a9ekCUAAxlU4.jpg
    Bk6a9ekCUAAxlU4.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 33

I have friends telling me kids are rioting in dinkytown right now, with arrests being made.

Bk6j2o0CYAAHzcI.jpg

Bk6iT9XCUAEGv6P.jpg

Bk6hQKOCIAAGOJH.jpg

Bk6a9ekCUAAxlU4.jpg

Bk6ayhKCIAE7mv2.jpg

Can't put tweets on here for some reason, but I guess kids are throwing bottles at police cars

Tweet @MNIncidentNews: Officers from : Minneapolis, U of MN, MN State Patrol, State Patrol Helicoptor, Hennepin Sheriff, East Metro SWAT Multiple Arrests made

Go Gophers!!

Some kid just tweeted this:

RiotGear.jpg

Go Gophers!!

Usually I would say, "have fun kids," but this was not the championship game. Kind of disappointed, but whatever. College kids will be college kids.

Im guessing the Kaler email along with an early police presence didnt help matters. Given the situation (against UND, THE RIVALRY, and mutual hatred for each other) I can see how some revelers would probably take to the street. But when police are there from the beginning, rumors fly and the thing turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy and spectacle. All the kids see on twitter are cops outside dinkytown, and suddenly they all come and check it out and add some fuel to the fire.

Not excusing anyone, I would say tone it down a bit since it is the semifinal, no need to go crazy yet. But if this is any indication of saturday, man if we win, dont be planning on driving through dinkytown.

I've never understood the reason or mindset for rioting after a sporting event. Cripes people, this is what you do when your team wins a big game? It's getting to a point where it seems like the idiots actually take pride in acting like barbarians after a sporting event. What are you gonna do years from now, brag about being one of the fools that got arrested after "your" team won a game of some significance? Good lord, some people are so screwed up it's beyond comprehension.

The disregard for property is telling. The lesson of self restraint is lost. What does it prove? What place does this have in your education? Now if a dozen were arrested, what will be the consequences? Expulsion? Are these clearly stated by Kaler? Anything less is simply wagging your finger.

I'm not seeing flipped cop cars and random fires. Only in Minnesota would we call a block party a riot. Couple of kids climbing a street light. Big whoop. FYI beating ND and ending their season may be more cause for celebration than winning a national title. I don't blame them for celebrating a game early.

I'm not seeing flipped cop cars and random fires. Only in Minnesota would we call a block party a riot. Couple of kids climbing a street light. Big whoop. FYI beating ND and ending their season may be more cause for celebration than winning a national title. I don't blame them for celebrating a game early.

+1. could not agree more. people are overstating last night by stupidly referring to it as a "riot". was not anything close to that. was more pure revelry and some colleges kids blowing off a little steam more than anything else. this is simply a case of the bombastic local media trying to make it into a bigger story than it really is/was. and to the old farts on this board, no i am not a college aged kid myself trying to make excuses for them.

so please settle down ladies. :rolleyes:

Obviously the knuckleheads damaging property and jumping on cars are losers, and I hope they get what they have coming to them. That said, let's not condemn everyone in an overwhelmingly peaceful group of revelers.

+1. could not agree more. people are overstating last night by stupidly referring to it as a "riot". was not anything close to that. was more pure revelry and some colleges kids blowing off a little steam more than anything else. this is simply a case of the bombastic local media trying to make it into a bigger story than it really is/was. and to the old farts on this board, no i am not a college aged kid myself trying to make excuses for them.

so please settle down ladies. :rolleyes:
+1 this is no worse than what went on in Madtown after they beat the Cats to go to the Final Four. We have a bunch ******s in the local media, like the Fox 9 debacle 2005 exposing drinking on the hockey team, my oh my.

Top Bottom