Thank you Adam Wilcox

XMan

Reaction score
Amazing job all year and even better game tonight. Amazing.

Won't get much credit tonight but he was a rock. Def MVP for us

He was the only player that mattered in the Frozen 4 for the Gophers.

The rest of the team was outplayed by North Dakota and Union.

I know, this is a stupid question, but will Norwood be less forgiving than Maturi? Is Don on the hot seat? Go ahead and rip me......

I know, this is a stupid question, but will Norwood be less forgiving than Maturi? Is Don on the hot seat? Go ahead and rip me......

No ripping needed. Don is VERY well payed for his job in what is the premier state for hockey player recruits and one of the top teams in all of D1 hockey. If you look at the other sport powers in college it's not out of the question when you continue to NOT bring home the big hardware.

Wilcox is the only one who showed a pulse tonight, as for Lucia he has the core of this team back next year, see how he does

No ripping needed. Don is VERY well payed for his job in what is the premier state for hockey player recruits and one of the top teams in all of D1 hockey. If you look at the other sport powers in college it's not out of the question when you continue to NOT bring home the big hardware.

I've seen this Gopher team lose because of a lack of direction and a lack of heart. That's not why they lost last night. Union was simply a better team, and our guys could not deal with their ridiculous forecheck. I can't blame Lucia too much for this loss, and to be honest I think we overachieved quite a bit this year.

I've seen this Gopher team lose because of a lack of direction and a lack of heart. That's not why they lost last night. Union was simply a better team, and our guys could not deal with their ridiculous forecheck. I can't blame Lucia too much for this loss, and to be honest I think we overachieved quite a bit this year.

+1. Agree with all of this MinneStoa.

+2. The team overachieved this season, and still the fans expected more. I'll admit, I'm one of those people that feels terrible after a tie. Don is a good coach. I don't think he should have to worry about his job, after leading this team to the National Championship game, considering the players who left at the end of last season. For any other program, this was an incredibly successful season. For Gopher fans, nothing but a National Championship will do. It's great to hold this program to higher standards, but at the same time, we need to have more of a realistic perspective. I'm looking in the mirror as I say all this.

If you put a coach's job in jeopardy after back-to-back-to-back conference titles, two Frozen Fours in 3 years, and coming off of an appearance in the national title game, good luck convincing any coach we would want to take his job.

This team over achieved and if we get Wilcox and couple others back (M. Reilly, Fasching,etc.) we will enter the season at #1 and the odds on favorite to return to the Championship game. We have a long list of great recruits coming in over the next few years and they seem to be hitting the international players harder now than before (learning from the women's team maybe?) I have high confidence we will see the promised land again and next time we will win the last game.

Top Bottom