Big Ten Hockey

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
I think our last two games have proven the fact that we outgrew the WCHA. I really hope Michigan, MSU and wisky can pick it up going forward, so we don't have to carry this conference, like we did the last one.

I think our last two games have proven the fact that we outgrew the WCHA. I really hope Michigan, MSU and wisky can pick it up going forward, so we don't have to carry this conference, like we did the last one.

Didn't UMD have the last National title for the WCHA?

The university of minnesota carries the entire college hockey universe on its shoulders.
Not the wcha, not the big ten, the ncaa.

I feel OP might be trying to be sarcastic? WCHA was/is a great conference. The Big Ten conference has a lot of potential though, as there is actually some big schools involved.

I feel OP might be trying to be sarcastic? WCHA was/is a great conference. The Big Ten conference has a lot of potential though, as there is actually some big schools involved.

I was. That said, from a business perspective the vast majority of WCHS schools would benefit more from being in a conference with us than the other way around. We were seen by many fans of former WCHA teams as being arrogant for leaving for the Big Ten (not that we had a choice), so if we win tomorrow it'll be that much more sweet based on who we beat to get there (not only Sue, Jan too).

Big Ten needs Illinois and maybe Rutgers or somebody to field a team in the next two years. Not sure how UNO and UNL would consolidate, but maybe that could be an option??? 6 is too small, 8 sounds about right. I believe Illinois won the Club hockey national championship not that long ago either.

i think you are incorrectly under estimating ohio state and penn state hockey potential here. i believe both of those programs have the capability to be strong, solid hockey clubs going forward. don't forget that ohio state beat our butts in the B1G conference tournament this year. and penn state beat meatchicken in the tournament. give them at least a little bit of credit. just saying. cheers!

Top Bottom