Unbelievable Finish!

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
I know this is the basketball board, but we're all Gophers fans. Minnesota NEVER wins games in any sport like the hockey team did tonight. Ski U Mah, and win a championship!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I wish the Gopher basketball and football teams were at the same status the hockey team was. Get any recruit you want. Always a perennial power....sigh....

oh well, Great game by the hockey team. congrats

I won't pretend - Gopher hockey is my third favorite Gopher sport. It is nice to have a perennial power, and to find yourself on the winning end of jubilation/heartbreak. What an incredible end... here's hoping this is in the future of Gopher basketball and football.

Best finish ever. Wow. Great to see. Now finish the job this weekend

Shorthanded with 0.6 seconds remaining. You ain't gunna see that happen much!

If it wasn't against sconnie. the sue would be my second choice.

It was one of those moments when it didn't register what happened. Face off in their end, short handed, .6 left...wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this is the basketball board, but we're all Gophers fans. Minnesota NEVER wins games in any sport like the hockey team did tonight. Ski U Mah, and win a championship!

I was just thinking about this on my way into work. It seems like the Gophers never end up on the right end of those "oh my! that was incredible!" type finishes. This year we had two. The shorty last night was obviously huge. Also, in the football season against Indiana, Indiana was within gimme range for a field goal to tie, looking like they were going to score a touchdown to win, and then we busted up the backwards pass in the back field and recovered a fumble.

Hell of a win though, craziest hockey game I've ever seen. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Thanks for the reminder of the Hoffarber shot Madtown, that definitely goes in with the fumble recovery and last night's gino.

That was fun! I wonder if they'll have anything left for the game tomorrow.

Should have known not to even open up this thread and open the wound back up. I'm a Gopher fan for everything else but I grew up going to Sioux hockey games and that allegiance will never die either. Such a heartbreaker in probably the best game the Sioux had played all season.

Should have known not to even open up this thread and open the wound back up. I'm a Gopher fan for everything else but I grew up going to Sioux hockey games and that allegiance will never die either. Such a heartbreaker in probably the best game the Sioux had played all season.

Your last sentence just made me want to say, "Go to your Heartbreak Hotel and wallow in your misery".

Your last sentence just made me want to say, "Go to your Heartbreak Hotel and wallow in your misery".
Much easier to take this loss than some of the past ones just because this was a year where the Sioux were actually beaten by a more talented team and knowing this Sioux team overachieved and didn't have their typical talent level. I know some Sioux fans don't feel the same way as me but I'd like to see the Gophers win tomorrow bring the title back west again.

Much easier to take this loss than some of the past ones just because this was a year where the Sioux were actually beaten by a more talented team and knowing this Sioux team overachieved and didn't have their typical talent level. I know some Sioux fans don't feel the same way as me but I'd like to see the Gophers win tomorrow bring the title back west again.

Yeah, you could look at it as, they lost a heartbreaker, or you could look at it as, this team made the Final Four after losing 13 games and wouldn't even have been in the NCAA tournament had Ohio St. not blown its bid by losing a 2 goal lead with 7 minutes to play vs Wisconsin. Brutal way to lose, but it would've been much more brutal for Minnesota to lose after being #1 for most of the year.

As much of a Gopher fan (including hockey obviously) as I am and as much as that apparently means that I'm supposed to hate North Dakota, I have a hard time feeling any hatred toward NoDak's team today. They left it all on the line and unfortunately came up short in heart-breaking fashion. I can only hope most Gopher hockey fans at least respect the effort North Dakota put out there last night. I know I do.

Having said that, here's hoping the guys can follow up with a title-winning performance tomorrow! :D

As much of a Gopher fan (including hockey obviously) as I am and as much as that apparently means that I'm supposed to hate North Dakota, I have a hard time feeling any hatred toward NoDak's team today. They left it all on the line and unfortunately came up short in heart-breaking fashion. I can only hope most Gopher hockey fans at least respect the effort North Dakota put out there last night. I know I do.

Having said that, here's hoping the guys can follow up with a title-winning performance tomorrow! :D

You do realize their coach is Hakstol? Definition of classless.

You do realize their coach is Hakstol? Definition of classless.
Your idea of him being classless is all because of 1 bad decision to let his feelings and a certain finger known to a ref right? Not trying to start an argument just wondering because every experience I've had with him he's been a great guy and willing to talk to any fans and take time out of his day and after games for it. He has a real nice personality and is a great guy even though the only thing some people can see is his steely demeanor on the bench and the incident with the ref.

I was dancing around my living room, because I DESPISE the Whioux, from Ben Blood and Hakstol on down the line. Plus, whenever I've gone to Gopher games, the traveling UND fans are probably the worst of any fans I've been around, besides maybe Iowa football fans. So that one was sweet.

I was dancing around my living room, because I DESPISE the Whioux, from Ben Blood and Hakstol on down the line. Plus, whenever I've gone to Gopher games, the traveling UND fans are probably the worst of any fans I've been around, besides maybe Iowa football fans. So that one was sweet.

Better than dancing around on top of cop cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And when one of his thugs pulled a Gopher player out of the handshake line and started a post game brawl-not too many years ago.

Top Bottom