Unbelievable Finish!

And when one of his thugs pulled a Gopher player out of the handshake line and started a post game brawl-not too many years ago.
Yeah the Ben Blood and Kyle Rau incident. Nobody will ever really know what went on except for the guys in the line but speculation was Rau said something inappropriate about a mentally disabled family member of Blood. Still not the best decision by Blood and definitely didn't make him look good.

Better than dancing around on top of cop cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm as much a fan of boozing and celebrating a win as anyone. But I just don't get damaging property. Public or private. Can't imagine doing that even at my drunkest times. With the amount of abuse Dinkytown takes with hockey wins, I'd hate to see what would happen to it when the Gophs finally win big in football or basketball.

But enough with the serious talk; amazing win last night!!

Your idea of him being classless is all because of 1 bad decision to let his feelings and a certain finger known to a ref right? Not trying to start an argument just wondering because every experience I've had with him he's been a great guy and willing to talk to any fans and take time out of his day and after games for it. He has a real nice personality and is a great guy even though the only thing some people can see is his steely demeanor on the bench and the incident with the ref.

Nope, it's also because of some of the cheap stuff his players do like taking runs and using the stick. I'll admit I'm wearing gold-tinted glasses and don't react to the stuff the Gophers do, but it sure seems like he condones the borderline behavior trying to intimidate the Gophers. I just see how his team plays, how he appears on the bench, and I've never personally met him. Maybe unfair, but your vouching that he's a "great guy" doesn't convince me.

Too much bad blood between these two teams to feel too bad for the Sioux

As much of a Gopher fan (including hockey obviously) as I am and as much as that apparently means that I'm supposed to hate North Dakota, I have a hard time feeling any hatred toward NoDak's team today. They left it all on the line and unfortunately came up short in heart-breaking fashion. I can only hope most Gopher hockey fans at least respect the effort North Dakota put out there last night. I know I do.

Having said that, here's hoping the guys can follow up with a title-winning performance tomorrow! :D

Maybe....the illegal substitutions - with about 2 minutes left one sub was attacking our puck handler on what should have been a 3-on-1 break while his sub was just reaching the bench, for example - and other cheap tactics make it hard to feel sorry for UND. They overplayed their potential and were perhaps lucky to get where they were. They had a great season for their accomplishments, and the Frozen Four was further than they deserved to get. Congrats for the over-achieving season, and good thing their season is over.

Nope, it's also because of some of the cheap stuff his players do like taking runs and using the stick. I'll admit I'm wearing gold-tinted glasses and don't react to the stuff the Gophers do, but it sure seems like he condones the borderline behavior trying to intimidate the Gophers. I just see how his team plays, how he appears on the bench, and I've never personally met him. Maybe unfair, but your vouching that he's a "great guy" doesn't convince me.
Yeah I can understand some of the stuff you're saying even though I may not agree with most of it I can see where you're coming from. I'm sure it would be kind of like some Wisconsin fan trying to tell me Bo Ryan is a great guy and I know that I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Maybe....the illegal substitutions - with about 2 minutes left one sub was attacking our puck handler on what should have been a 3-on-1 break while his sub was just reaching the bench, for example - and other cheap tactics make it hard to feel sorry for UND. They overplayed their potential and were perhaps lucky to get where they were. They had a great season for their accomplishments, and the Frozen Four was further than they deserved to get. Congrats for the over-achieving season, and good thing their season is over.

Those illegal substitutions were totally annoying. I know they got called on one but they had at least two others that were just as blatant.

I was just thinking about this on my way into work. It seems like the Gophers never end up on the right end of those "oh my! that was incredible!" type finishes. This year we had two. The shorty last night was obviously huge. Also, in the football season against Indiana, Indiana was within gimme range for a field goal to tie, looking like they were going to score a touchdown to win, and then we busted up the backwards pass in the back field and recovered a fumble.

The best example I can think of in football was a few years back against Sparty. A ball took a crazy bounce off a player into a streaking Gopher receiver who housed it for a TD late in the game giving Minnesota the win. The best finish in a Gopher football game I've ever seen.

You do realize their coach is Hakstol? Definition of classless.

Yeah, but the players left it all on the line and lost in heart-breaking fashion. Everyone already knows Hakstol is an ass. There are examples all over the place. But his kids played a very good game, gave it everything they had, and lost in devastating fashion. Hard not to respect that.

I'm as much a fan of boozing and celebrating a win as anyone. But I just don't get damaging property. Public or private. Can't imagine doing that even at my drunkest times. With the amount of abuse Dinkytown takes with hockey wins, I'd hate to see what would happen to it when the Gophs finally win big in football or basketball.

But enough with the serious talk; amazing win last night!!
Nothing really happened in 97, and for the record by all accounts of heard from people who know him Ben Blood may possibly be a retard, not the brightest bulb according to Shattuck and UND people, for example in one class it apparently took him awhile to realize Canada was not part of the U.S

Much easier to take this loss than some of the past ones just because this was a year where the Sioux were actually beaten by a more talented team and knowing this Sioux team overachieved and didn't have their typical talent level. I know some Sioux fans don't feel the same way as me but I'd like to see the Gophers win tomorrow bring the title back west again.

my favorite was when scUM beat them at the X in the frozen four and on the empty netter the classy Sioux fan flicked off the scUM player

my favorite was when scUM beat them at the X in the frozen four and on the empty netter the classy Sioux fan flicked off the scUM player
That is the one that hurt the most. A team full of high level talent that had pretty well dominated all year and absolutely dominated that game but just couldn't get the puck past Hunwick. So many missed grade A chances in that one and I believe the shots ended up something like 45-20 now that one took a while to get over.

Nothing really happened in 97, and for the record by all accounts of heard from people who know him Ben Blood may possibly be a retard, not the brightest bulb according to Shattuck and UND people, for example in one class it apparently took him awhile to realize Canada was not part of the U.S

CANADA ISN'T PART OF THE U.S.?? :eek:

Just having heard some of Blood's interviews and listening to him talk I could definitely see him not exactly being the brightest guy.

Top Bottom