MN Daily: U, police take riot precautions in advance of Frozen Four

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

As the No. 1-ranked team heads to Philadelphia for the Frozen Four this weekend, the University of Minnesota and Minneapolis police are taking precautions to halt any potential violence by reminding students of consequences, boosting police presence on and around campus and coordinating with neighborhoods.

Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Danita Brown Young said the University’s efforts, which include a door-knocking campaign telling campus-area residents how to protect themselves, are precautionary.

“We’re just really trying to get ahead of it,” she said.

A University-wide email will be sent before the weekend outlining information regarding student behavior, but University police wouldn’t provide specifics about its contents or law enforcement plans for the weekend.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/04/10/u-police-take-riot-precautions

Go Gophers!!

Hope they are ready cause we got this thing on Saturday

I think the University should think things through. If it were me, I would have found a spot to broadcast the game (Mariucci, TCF Bank Stadium, Track & Field Stadium, etc.) where students could gather to watch the game and celebrate. In a situation like this, people are just looking for a place to gather to celebrate. Have an area picked out ahead of time where you can contain the celebration.

Top Bottom