In-State Recruiting

I think this is what the original poster was stating.

In most years Wisconsin produces more top 100 talent than Minnesota. Iowa does about the same as Minnsota with 1/4 the population. Wisconsin's slow offensive sets and pack it in defense allows it to play less athletic players than a press them all over the court team would. Yes they have had a handful of athletic players (dekker, Hayes, Evans) but overall their roster is less than other top 25 teams. Virginia is the same way. The 2014 class will not be repeated in Minnesota for a long time. Most years, kids like Macura and Theisen would be the top rated players. Wisconsin inverts their sets where bigs, who are skilled but less athletic can shoot outside and guards who arent the quickest but are highly skilled can post up. It matches with the availabe mid west talent.

Sconnie went to the final 4 with eight guys from mn or wi on their roster. currently we have only one of those types on our roster. They found a way to win with upper Midwest guys.

Translation of this thread?

In-state recruiting is not that important when you're not landing any of the state's truly elite prospects (Jones, Travis, Vaughn, Macura), but I suspect when Pitino starts landing some of Minnesota's elite preps (and I think he will) the tone of that will change here. It's at that point everyone will become convinced it's important!

I think the all things Reid Travis friend tells the tale of how important in state recruiting is

In state recruiting doesn't apply to McDonalds all americans do some research and find out for yourself how many of them go to a home state school.

In most years Wisconsin produces more top 100 talent than Minnesota. Iowa does about the same as Minnsota with 1/4 the population. Wisconsin's slow offensive sets and pack it in defense allows it to play less athletic players than a press them all over the court team would. Yes they have had a handful of athletic players (dekker, Hayes, Evans) but overall their roster is less than other top 25 teams. Virginia is the same way. The 2014 class will not be repeated in Minnesota for a long time. Most years, kids like Macura and Theisen would be the top rated players. Wisconsin inverts their sets where bigs, who are skilled but less athletic can shoot outside and guards who arent the quickest but are highly skilled can post up. It matches with the availabe mid west talent.

Just say it. More white guys.

Top Bottom