2014-15 Big Ten Schedule Updates

Ohio State Basketball: What You Need to Know About 2014-15 "Super Tuesday" Games
Ohio State at Minnesota, Jan. 6, 9 p.m. ET

Ohio State split its two contests against Minnesota last year, with the home team winning both times.

The Buckeyes’ victory over the Golden Gophers in Columbus may have been their most memorable one of the season because they overcame a double-digit deficit by winning the second half 46-18.

Minnesota turned it on down the stretch, though, and enters the 2014-15 season with plenty of momentum.

Richard Pitino’s bunch won the National Invitation Tournament by knocking off High Point, Saint Mary’s, Southern Miss, Florida State and SMU, and it returns most of the primary contributors from that squad. Anything short of a spot in the NCAA tournament this time around would be a major disappointment.

http://www.bucksinsider.com/2014/08...ed-to-know-about-2014-15-super-tuesday-games/

Ohio State Big schedule info added above

Bucks are first to release their full schedule. They have 9 games vs. NCAA qualifiers from last season, 3 vs. NIT qualifiers.

Ohio State Basketball: What You Need to Know About 2014-15 "Super Tuesday" Games
Ohio State at Minnesota, Jan. 6, 9 p.m. ET

Ohio State split its two contests against Minnesota last year, with the home team winning both times.

The Buckeyes’ victory over the Golden Gophers in Columbus may have been their most memorable one of the season because they overcame a double-digit deficit by winning the second half 46-18.

Minnesota turned it on down the stretch, though, and enters the 2014-15 season with plenty of momentum.

Richard Pitino’s bunch won the National Invitation Tournament by knocking off High Point, Saint Mary’s, Southern Miss, Florida State and SMU, and it returns most of the primary contributors from that squad. Anything short of a spot in the NCAA tournament this time around would be a major disappointment.

http://www.bucksinsider.com/2014/08...ed-to-know-about-2014-15-super-tuesday-games/

Good preview, except I think their prediction (Ohio State beating Minnesota at Williams Arena in early January) is highly unlikely unless we have some major injury. I don't see this team losing more than one or two games all year at home, and one of them isn't going to be to a very young Ohio State team.

Here's the press release from the U of MN:

The University of Minnesota men’s basketball team will host 17 games at Williams Arena, as the full 2014-15 schedule was announced today by the team and the Big Ten Conference.

After a home exhibition contest on Thursday, November 6 against in-state foe Minnesota-Duluth, the Gophers officially kick off the season in primetime on Friday, November 14. Minnesota will face the Louisville Cardinals at 6 p.m. in the third annual Armed Forces Classic on ESPN, squaring off inside the hangar of United States Coast Guard Air Station Borinquen in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.

The Gophers return to the mainland and to the Barn for their first home game early the following week, hosting a first-round opponent in the NIT Season Tip Off on Monday or Tuesday, Nov. 17-18. Another home game follows on Saturday, Nov. 22 against UMBC, before NIT play continues in New York City. Minnesota returns to the site of their 2014 championship, Madison Square Garden, and will play on Wednesday and Friday, Nov. 26 and 28.

Once finalized, the full NIT Season Tip-Off bracket and schedule will be released at a later time.

Minnesota’s road trip continues into December, traveling to Wake Forest on Tuesday, Dec. 2 as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge (6 p.m., ESPNU). A six-game homestand follows, as the Gophers close out non-conference play at Williams Arena facing Western Carolina (Fri., Dec. 5), North Dakota (Mon., Dec. 8), Southern (Wed., Dec. 10), Seattle University (Fri., Dec. 19), Furman (Mon., Dec. 22) and UNC Wilmington (Sat., Dec. 27).

Big Ten Conference play begins in West Lafayette, Ind., for the Maroon and Gold as they open their conference schedule on New Year’s Eve at Purdue. Three days later, Minnesota travels to B1G newcomer Maryland for a Saturday contest in the two teams’ first meeting since 2008.

The Gophers’ first home Big Ten game comes on ESPN Super Tuesday, Jan. 6, hosting Ohio State at 8 p.m. A road test at Michigan (Sat., Jan. 10) is followed by a pair of home games against Iowa (Tue., Jan. 13) and Rutgers (Sat., Jan. 17). Minnesota begins a home-and-home at Nebraska on Tue., Jan. 20 and hosts Illinois that Saturday (Jan. 24), before visiting Penn State (Wed., Jan. 28) and hosting the Cornhuskers to close out the month on Sat., Jan. 31.

After a midweek bye, the Gophers begin February on Saturday the 7th, hosting Purdue. The following week, Minnesota travels to Iowa (Thu., Feb. 12) and Indiana (Sun., Feb. 15). Breaking up a stretch of four out of five on the road is a home contest on Wed., Feb. 18 against Northwestern, as the Gophers finish the road portion of their schedule with trips to Wisconsin (Sat., Feb. 21) and Michigan State (Thu., Feb. 26).

Minnesota closes out the 2014-15 regular season with a pair of home games, hosting the rival Badgers on Thursday, March 5 before finishing up with Penn State on Sunday, March 8 at the Barn.

The 2014-15 Big Ten Tournament will be contested from Wednesday through Sunday, March 11-15, at the United Center in Chicago.

Game times and television information will be announced at a later date.

And schedule:

MINNESOTA MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE (as of 8/21)
Date Day Opponent Time TV
11/6/14 Thur. Minnesota-Duluth (exhibition)
11/14/14 Fri. vs. Louisville 6:00 p.m. ESPN
(Armed Forces Classic @ CGAS Borinquen, P.R.)
11/17/14 or Mon./Tue. NIT Season Tip-Off First Round vs. TBD
11/18/14
11/22/14 Sat. UMBC
11/26/14 Wed. NIT Season Tip-Off Semifinals
(Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y.)
11/28/14 Fri. NIT Season Tip-Off Finals
(Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y.)
12/2/14 Tues. at Wake Forest (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) 6:00 p.m. ESPNU
12/5/14 Fri. Western Carolina
12/8/14 Mon. North Dakota
12/10/14 Wed. Southern
12/19/14 Fri. Seattle University
12/22/14 Mon. Furman
12/27/14 Sat. UNC Wilmington
12/31/14 Wed. at Purdue
1/3/15 Sat. at Maryland
1/6/15 Tue. Ohio State 8:00 p.m. ESPN
1/10/15 Sat. at Michigan
1/13/15 Tue. Iowa
1/17/15 Sat. Rutgers
1/20/15 Tue. at Nebraska
1/24/15 Sat. Illinois
1/28/15 Wed. at Penn State
1/31/15 Sat. Nebraska
2/7/15 Sat. Purdue
2/12/15 Thu. at Iowa
2/15/15 Sun. at Indiana
2/18/15 Wed. Northwestern
2/21/15 Sat. at Wisconsin
2/26/15 Thu. at Michigan State
3/5/15 Thu. Wisconsin
3/8/15 Sun. Penn State
3/11/15- Wed.-Sun. Big Ten Tournament
3/15/15 (United Center, Chicago, Ill.)
Home games at Williams Arena in BOLD
Game times and television information TBA

Gophers schedule updated

IMO the key stretch is Jan. 17 through Feb. 7 (6 games). Chance to make some hay there.

Also gotta' make sure we get a road split out of the Purdue/Maryland opening.

PDF of schedule
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/minn/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/schedule/schedule.pdf

Locker Gophers Announce 2014-15 Men's Basketball Schedule
Minnesota to host 17 games at Williams Arena.
(link at bottom)
"
The University of Minnesota men’s basketball team will host 17 games at Williams Arena, as the full 2014-15 schedule was announced today by the team and the Big Ten Conference.

After a home exhibition contest on Thursday, November 6 against in-state foe Minnesota-Duluth, the Gophers officially kick off the season in primetime on Friday, November 14. Minnesota will face the Louisville Cardinals at 6 p.m. in the third annual Armed Forces Classic on ESPN, squaring off inside the hangar of United States Coast Guard Air Station Borinquen in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.

The Gophers return to the mainland and to the Barn for their first home game early the following week, hosting a first-round opponent in the NIT Season Tip Off on Monday or Tuesday, Nov. 17-18. Another home game follows on Saturday, Nov. 22 against UMBC, before NIT play continues in New York City. Minnesota returns to the site of their 2014 championship, Madison Square Garden, and will play on Wednesday and Friday, Nov. 26 and 28.

Once finalized, the full NIT Season Tip-Off bracket and schedule will be released at a later time.

Minnesota’s road trip continues into December, traveling to Wake Forest on Tuesday, Dec. 2 as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge (6 p.m., ESPNU). A six-game homestand follows, as the Gophers close out non-conference play at Williams Arena facing Western Carolina (Fri., Dec. 5), North Dakota (Mon., Dec. 8), Southern (Wed., Dec. 10), Seattle University (Fri., Dec. 19), Furman (Mon., Dec. 22) and UNC Wilmington (Sat., Dec. 27).

Big Ten Conference play begins in West Lafayette, Ind., for the Maroon and Gold as they open their conference schedule on New Year’s Eve at Purdue. Three days later, Minnesota travels to B1G newcomer Maryland for a Saturday contest in the two teams’ first meeting since 2008.

The Gophers’ first home Big Ten game comes on ESPN Super Tuesday, Jan. 6, hosting Ohio State at 8 p.m. A road test at Michigan (Sat., Jan. 10) is followed by a pair of home games against Iowa (Tue., Jan. 13) and Rutgers (Sat., Jan. 17). Minnesota begins a home-and-home at Nebraska on Tue., Jan. 20 and hosts Illinois that Saturday (Jan. 24), before visiting Penn State (Wed., Jan. 28) and hosting the Cornhuskers to close out the month on Sat., Jan. 31.

After a midweek bye, the Gophers begin February on Saturday the 7th, hosting Purdue. The following week, Minnesota travels to Iowa (Thu., Feb. 12) and Indiana (Sun., Feb. 15). Breaking up a stretch of four out of five on the road is a home contest on Wed., Feb. 18 against Northwestern, as the Gophers finish the road portion of their schedule with trips to Wisconsin (Sat., Feb. 21) and Michigan State (Thu., Feb. 26).

Minnesota closes out the 2014-15 regular season with a pair of home games, hosting the rival Badgers on Thursday, March 5 before finishing up with Penn State on Sunday, March 8 at the Barn.

The 2014-15 Big Ten Tournament will be contested from Wednesday through Sunday, March 11-15, at the United Center in Chicago.

Game times and television information will be announced at a later date.

"
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082114aaa.html

Marcus R. Fuller @GophersNow 22m
Weird that Minnesota plays at Wisconsin twice in three games: Feb. 21 on road, then again March 5 at home after playing at Mich St. Feb. 26
View details ·
Marcus R. Fuller @GophersNow 27m
Purdue's got 7-ft A.J. Hammons back. Maryland might be a top 25 team. And we all know about Michigan. Three of first four on road. #Gophers
View details ·
Marcus R. Fuller @GophersNow 30m
Tough start to the Big Ten season for the #Gophers and Richard Pitino opening at Purdue, at Maryland, vs. Ohio St, at Michigan and vs. Iowa.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GophersNow

Worst. Home. Schedule. Of. All. Time.

Indiana, Michigan State, and Michigan all on the road. Thanks a lot Maryland and Rutgers.

Worst. Home. Schedule. Of. All. Time.

Indiana, Michigan State, and Michigan all on the road. Thanks a lot Maryland and Rutgers.

And don't just blame it on Maryland and Rutgers. The administration/staff knew what their (home) conference schedule was going to look like, yet they didn't do anything to upgrade the home nonconference schedule. Thank goodness we at least get the Badgers and Hawkeyes at home.

And don't just blame it on Maryland and Rutgers. The administration/staff knew what their (home) conference schedule was going to look like, yet they didn't do anything to upgrade the home nonconference schedule. Thank goodness we at least get the Badgers and Hawkeyes at home.

I mean, pretty much all of the blame goes on the staff. There are seriously three games worth seeing at home all year. Ohio State (maybe), Wisconsin, and Iowa. Snooze. Fest.

Good thing I'll be at all of them.

I mean, pretty much all of the blame goes on the staff. There are seriously three games worth seeing at home all year. Ohio State (maybe), Wisconsin, and Iowa. Snooze. Fest.

So OSU is maybe a good home opponent and Iowa definitely is? Alrighty then.

So OSU is maybe a good home opponent and Iowa definitely is? Alrighty then.

Seriously? What game do you think is the bigger draw for Gopher fans? We really don't care all that much about OSU. They're usually good, which is why I said maybe, but Iowa is always a better draw.

Seriously? What game do you think is the bigger draw for Gopher fans? We really don't care all that much about OSU. They're usually good, which is why I said maybe, but Iowa is always a better draw.

Better program & better team = better draw in college basketball. I don't see Iowa as being quite on the same level as a program at this time as OSU, this year is no exception.

Better program & better team = better draw in college basketball. I don't see Iowa as being quite on the same level as a program at this time as OSU, this year is no exception.

I don't agree at all. Rivalries trump all in college sports.

Gopher fans get jacked up more for Iowa and Wisconsin than they do OSU. That's just a fact. I don't think anyone's arguing that Iowa (currently) is a better program than OSU.

We also get more fired up for Michigan State & Indiana (than OSU), too.

All the Big Ten schedules are now up to date (Aug. 22)

All except four schools (Indiana, Iowa, Gophers, Nebraska) have announced their full nonconference slates.

All Big ten conference games are well worth seeing. Our non-conference schedule actually wouldn't be a bad one if it were not for the fact that all of the good non-conference games are on the road. That's too bad and something they have to fix. You have to give fans at least two good non-conference games at home each year.

Indiana / OSU

Gopher fans get jacked up more for Iowa and Wisconsin than they do OSU. That's just a fact. I don't think anyone's arguing that Iowa (currently) is a better program than OSU.

We also get more fired up for Michigan State & Indiana (than OSU), too.

Since the Bobby Knight era ended, I would say we get more fired up for Ohio State (other than 2013). Thad Matta has brought Oden, Conley, Lighty, Turner, Diebler, Sullinger & Craft to the Barn in the past 10 yrs.

All Big ten conference games are well worth seeing. Our non-conference schedule actually wouldn't be a bad one if it were not for the fact that all of the good non-conference games are on the road. That's too bad and something they have to fix. You have to give fans at least two good non-conference games at home each year.

I agree completely. I guess you expressed what I was thinking better than I did. To call Iowa a game worth seeing and OSU not, I just don't agree with that idea. All of the Big Ten games are worth seeing, the problem with many teams is they load up on the cupcakes at home in nonconference play and kind of take advantage of their fans by charging the same prices for those glorified exhibitions as the notable games. Everybody does it to an extent, but I believe every team should try to make sure they schedule at least 2 nonconference home games with teams they expect to make the tournament that year.

Who knows what the future holds, perhaps the Power 5 conferences will separate themselves from the other programs in their own division, and then be forced to play each other for the entirety of nonconference play - now that would make nonconference games so much more interesting.

Indiana has completed their schedule. The two previously unknown games were home games against Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 14 and Savannah State on Dec. 6. The Texas Southern game is Nov. 17.

Gopher schedule updated

With Saint John's as NIT semifinal foe. Only unknown now is whether there will be 3 or 4 total games in NIT for Gophers.

Nebraska will play Northern Kentucky on Nov. 16, which completes their schedule.

Top Bottom