2014-15 Big Ten Schedule Updates

OK, that's similar to what I do, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any "easy" schedule finds.

Someone on the North Dakota message board posted their schedule, and it says their game with the Gophers will be on Dec. 8.

Any chance you can link it? The UND board I'm aware of doesn't have that.

Looks like our schedule last year was released on July 30th, should be just a few weeks away now.

Wagner has released their nonconference schedule, and it says they will play at Maryland on Nov. 14.

Cancun Challenge pairings announced

Northwestern draws Miami-Ohio in the Nov. 25 semifinals. The other semifinal pits Virginia Tech vs. Northern Iowa.

New Orleans released their nonconference schedule, and it says their game at Indiana is Dec. 22.

Penn State at Marshall is set for Dec. 6, according to Marshall's released schedule.

Barclay's Center Classic pairings

Per CBS' Jon Rothstein, Rutgers draws Vandy in Barclay's semifinal, La Salle/Virginia the other semi.

NIT Season Tip-Off

Georgia and the NIT. ...
http://onlineathens.com/marc-weiszer/2014-07-25/uga-still-committed-nit-season-tip-waiting-format

Updated the NIT on the Gophers' schedule, which now apparently will be 8 teams instead of 16. For now making the assumption Gophers will play one bracketed game @ Williams Arena (instead of 2) vs. LIU, Saint Joseph's, Stony Brook, or Western Kentucky.

IMO the best case scenario for the Gophers is drawing Saint Joe's (really, anyone except LIU shuld be decent SOS-wise), followed by (if the favorites win the quarterfinals) the 4-team bracket with Georgia, Gonzaga, and Saint John's @ Madison Square Garden. If they seed all teams to determine quarterfinal pairings, I'd guess:

1. Gonzaga
2. Gophers
3. Saint John's
4. Georgia
5. Saint Joseph's
6. Western Kentucky
7. Stony Brook
8. LIU

Georgia and the NIT. ...
http://onlineathens.com/marc-weiszer/2014-07-25/uga-still-committed-nit-season-tip-waiting-format

Updated the NIT on the Gophers' schedule, which now apparently will be 8 teams instead of 16. For now making the assumption Gophers will play one non-bracketed game @ Williams Arena (instead of 2) vs. LIU, Saint Joseph's, Stony Brook, or Western Kentucky.

IMO the best case scenario for the Gophers is drawing Saint Joe's (really, anyone except LIU shuld be decent SOS-wise), followed by (if the favorites win the quarterfinals) the 4-team bracket with Georgia, Gonzaga, and Saint John's @ Madison Square Garden. If they seed all teams to determine quarterfinal pairings, I'd guess:

1. Gonzaga
2. Gophers
3. Saint John's
4. Georgia
5. Saint Joseph's
6. Western Kentucky
7. Stony Brook
8. LIU

I wouldn't be surprised if they sent President Kaler's former school, Stony Brook, here.

It's official, Gophers will host Fighting Sioux

Dec. 8 @ Williams Arena, per UND's official release of 2014-15 schedule. It's the first Gophers-UND matchup since December of 1983.

Penn State/Duquesne date

Duquesne of the A-10 released its non-con sked, the Dukes will play @ Penn State on Dec. 10.

Inside the Hall is reporting that Indiana's home game with Lamar will be on Nov. 22.

Georgia and the NIT. ...

Updated the NIT on the Gophers' schedule, which now apparently will be 8 teams instead of 16. For now making the assumption Gophers will play one bracketed game @ Williams Arena (instead of 2) vs. LIU, Saint Joseph's, Stony Brook, or Western Kentucky.

1. Gonzaga
2. Gophers
3. Saint John's
4. Georgia
5. Saint Joseph's
6. Western Kentucky
7. Stony Brook
8. LIU
I would guess for geography UGA would get Western Kentucky and St.Johns would get LIU, so yeah I would much rather see St.Joes than Stony Brook at the barn, but to be honest I know nothing about Stony Brook's program, I just know St.Joes is in the A10 and went to the elite 8 in 04

My order of preference for the other 4?

WKU
Saint Joe's
Stony Brook
LIU

WKU is usually solid, and I think Saint Joe's loses most everyone from last year 's NCAA squad. Plus, we played Saint Joe's recently.

Stony would be a sure W, but they'll be a good small major. Shouldn't be worse than about #150 RPI.

Colorado?

Hearing the Buffs are still looking for a quality home and home. How about Gophers-Buffs for that Dec. 19 open date @ Williams?

Ohio State's SB Nation site put up an article today talking about their schedule. The only new opponent it mentions is Morehead State, who will visit Columbus on Dec. 13. Dates for other games are as follows: James Madison on Nov. 28, Colgate on Dec. 6, High Point on Dec. 10, Miami (OH) on either Dec. 22 or 23, and Wright State on either Dec. 27 or 28.

Decent teams apparently not playing in exempt tourney with schedule openings? Any of these would be decent opponent for Williams Arena: Harvard, Iona, New Mexico State, St. Mary's (Joe Coleman return?), Southern Miss, or William & Mary.

Top Bottom