2014-15 Big Ten Schedule Updates

Unofficial, but saw a couple different reports that the Gophers will host both the UND Fighting Sioux (Big Sky) and the South Dakota 'Yotes (Summit League) as part of their 2014-15 schedule. UND has advanced to the Big Sky Tournament semifinals and finals, respectively, the last two seasons.

South Dakota State, a regular on the Gophers schedule, also still a possibility.

For now will add to Gophers' schedule, will do more digging for more confirmation.

I thought we weren't allowed to play UND in any non-conference games until they change the name? Or did that end with Joel?

Maryland will host Fordham

Per Jon Rothstein, date TBD.

Terps still have 8 opponents TBD.

Interesting. They're now the University of North Dakota athletics program (previously the North Dakota Fighting Sioux).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_North_Dakota_athletics

I think they should at least have a symbol, like Prince. Maybe an oil well?
They have been just the University of North Dakota the last couple years and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what they stay for a long time. I think the earliest they could pick a new nickname is for the 2015-2016 year but they don't have to have one and most fans don't want them to because they think it helps preserve the old retired Fighting Sioux nickname. I've noticed some announcers will still refer to them as that sometimes even though they aren't supposed to and right now they just use the interlocking ND for their logo for most things.

Absent their old nickname, agree with those who think they should just stick with UND. No need to force a nickname on everyone, most folks (especially in the Midwest) know them as UND anyways, just as North Dakota State is NDSU and South Dakota State is SDSU.

SMU tweeted out their nonconference schedule, and it says they will be playing at Indiana on Nov. 20. It looks like the other teams that are part of the Indiana Classic are Texas Southern and Eastern Washington, to go along with Lamar.

They have been just the University of North Dakota the last couple years and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what they stay for a long time. I think the earliest they could pick a new nickname is for the 2015-2016 year but they don't have to have one and most fans don't want them to because they think it helps preserve the old retired Fighting Sioux nickname. I've noticed some announcers will still refer to them as that sometimes even though they aren't supposed to and right now they just use the interlocking ND for their logo for most things.

I just call them the Fighting Whioux.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Per a John Rothstein tweet, Nebraska will play at Rhode Island on Nov. 22.

Nebraska to host Incarnate Word

on Dec. 10, per IW basketball web site. Huskers schedule updated @ top of thread.

Penn State will play at Bucknell on Nov. 28. On a separate note, Jon Rothstein tweeted that LIU-Brooklyn will be the final team in the St. John's pod of the NIT Season Tip-Off.

Wright State AD Bob Grant tweeted that they will be playing at Ohio State this season.

Indiana will host Thunder Dan Majerle & Grand Canyon on Dec. 13

Per Grand Caynon schedule release.

Buffalo is announcing their nonconference schedule on Twitter, and they will be playing at Wisconsin on Dec. 28.

Buffalo is announcing their nonconference schedule on Twitter, and they will be playing at Wisconsin on Dec. 28.

Thanks, got Buffalo's NC sked off their web site. Schedules are starting to pour out, Cincinnati released theirs as well. Would imagine tournament pairings will start spilling out in the next 2-3 weeks.

According to the NYC Buckets schedule tracker, Maryland Baltimore County will be making a visit to the Barn to take on the Gophers. They are already scheduled to play at Iowa on Dec. 6, so it might be a long Midwest road swing for them.

Central Arkansas has their nonconference schedule posted on their website, and it says they will play at Nebraska on Nov. 18.

Milwaukee has announced that their home game with Wisconsin will be on Dec. 10.

Coppin State has posted their schedule, and it says they will play at Illinois on Nov. 16 and at Michigan on Dec. 22.

NDSU reportedly will play in 2K Sports Classic

Bison a potential (probably likely) opponent for Iowa in the 2K.

Thanks. How do you find these articles? I check the school's basketball web sites for their schedule press releases, and that's about it.

Usually I just type something like "2014-2015 basketball nonconference schedules" into a Google search. As for the last article I found, someone on Ohio State's Scout site linked to it.

Top Bottom