NIT Game #4: #1 Gophers vs. #1 Florida State at MSG [ESPN2, Tues @ 8:00PM]

This is the wrong game not to have Eliason. It looks like Bojanovsky hasn't contributed a ton on the offensive end recently and Ojo is barely playing, but that's two 7 foot guys to guard Mo who struggles to elevate at times. It's kind of hard to see where the Gophers are going to get easy baskets in half court sets, especially with FSU's size being a detriment to Mathieu's drives to the basket. I know the Gophers have played a lot more man recently, but they've only played one team with a bunch of Big Ten level athletes in the NIT in Southern Miss. I'd think zone would be the way to go especially with both teams playing in an unfamiliar arena. We also need to be concerned with Mo getting in foul trouble with no Elliott, so a zone would prevent a lot of penetration and chances for Mo to draw fouls underneath. Most concerned about a potential Okoro White vs Joey King matchup. White is a Senior who has put up at least 16 points in each of his last four games while shooting no worse than 50% from the field. White had 16 and 8 against the Gophers in the first match-up.

Beyond the obvious reasons why you'd like to see the Gophers win this game (chance at the NIT title, more exposure with another game on ESPN, we always want to see the Gophers win every game), I think it's important for this group to get a quality win outside of Williams Arena. The team played some solid games on road/neutral courts, but couldn't pull out wins. I'd like to see them go in to next season having experienced at least one victory away from home that they can hang their hat on.

I disagree with afurry saying that this is the NIT and everybody blows. Given the parity in college basketball and the resumes of Minnesota and SMU (and to a lesser extent FSU), I think it's easy to make a case that two or three of these teams could have won a game or two in the NCAA tournament this year if they made the field.

No worries. Buggs = secret Gopher weapon. :)

Clemson and SMU have not been respectful of my bedtime.

Who are the morons who scheduled these games? The second game can't start until 30 minutes after the first game, yet they scheduled the 2nd game to start 2 hours after the start of the first game.

Name the last basketball game that was over in 90 minutes.

Who are the morons who scheduled these games? The second game can't start until 30 minutes after the first game, yet they scheduled the 2nd game to start 2 hours after the start of the first game.

Name the last basketball game that was over in 90 minutes.

My intramural game last night.

Yeah this is ridiculous, going to be a late night.

I'd normally be okay with it, but I'm on the east coast and trying to get over a bug. I'd really appreciate sleep. I ask, if we are going to lose, do it in regulation.

Keep hitting wide open 3's!

Love this crew tonight too, Fraschilla and Knight are both great in their own way.

Big Dre looks to have a little more pep in his step so far.

Oto looks pretty damn mobile for a guy who's career is over.

Gotta avoid the usual power outage after the under-12 timeout.

That 3 is big for Andre's confidence. He looks good so far....nice that he got a week to rest that ankle.

This oto situation just confuses me... So many unanswered questions and misleading comments.

The press and the quick double teams is causing Florida State to make big mistakes. Keep the intensity up!

4-star 2015 SG we offered

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Minnesota running Florida state out the garden right now tho</p>— Allonzo Trier (@O_IsoZO) <a href="https://twitter.com/O_IsoZO/statuses/451173964879253504">April 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This game pretty ugly on both sides

Top Bottom