Hello Gopher fans, Southern Miss fan here...

I think I enjoy this board more in the "off-season" (sorry if I offended anyone in viewing the NIT as off-season)...

Hey everyone,
I think we need to give this guy a break; with all his talk of Minnesota winters and stabbings, I believe he stumbled upon this movie and mistook if for actual news; when your education only extends to fourth grade, it's easy to get confused:

Oh, where did Cletus the slack-jawed yokel go? Hope he comes back. Probably had a Klan meeting to go to.

I hope he riled up a few more Southern Miss fans to join so this thread becomes even more entertaining.

It won't be that big of a group. The problem is going to be that he can recruit his wife, his sister, and his cousin to come on here and talk trash, and that will still only be one extra person.

It won't be that big of a group. The problem is going to be that he can recruit his wife, his sister, and his cousin to come on here and talk trash, and that will still only be one extra person.

You have to admit - this is a little too easy.

Chew on this. Gopher football has had its share of awful seasons, but Southern Miss lost 23 games in a row over the past two years.

Chew on this. Gopher football has had its share of awful seasons, but Southern Miss lost 23 games in a row over the past two years.

How the F do you go 11-2 in 2011 (Ranked #19 at the end of the season!) and then lose 23 straight the next two seasons? A coaching change, yes... But still hilarious.

Minnesota fans wear affliction apparel.

Change Yeats quote from Irish to Minnesota and you'll feel what Minnesotan's feel.

"Being Irish (Minnesotan), he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." ~ William B. Yeats

Whoa, hold on a sec.

We have people from a state that produced Al Franken, Keith Ellison, and Michelle Bachmann ripping on another state? Jesus Christ, it's bizzarro world. Where do you people get the balls?

And people from Minnesota ripping on anyone else's accents? What???? LOL. I will say that most people I've met from Minnesota are much more pleasant that you idiots, though when it comes to accents....I mean seriously. Just stop. I can't.....

I love how stereotyping is perfectly fine, as long as it's a certain group being subject to it. I doubt any of you Minnesooooootans have been too far from your home state before, it's quite obvious you've never been down here. Life exists outside the tundra and ice shacks. Unfortunately I had the displeasure of visiting Minnesota. Nice people....but it was probably the most boring week of my life and definitely the whitest place I've ever been to. I'm not sure I saw someone who didn't resemble Powder. Adolf Hitler would have a wet dream thinking about your state.

Smack talk aside (don't dish it out if you can't take it), should be a good game. Love your football coach.

Lol, out of all the things you could bash Minnesota about, you chose murder/crime rate?? Why don't you start bashing our school systems now too.

You've got a very nice basketball team making a nice postseason run, you should maybe concentrate on that and quit while your ahead.

"you're." I just thought with the back handed "education" comments I'd take the opportunity to provide some.

"You're." Just thought I'd point out that you should start a sentence with some capitalization.

Whoa, hold on a sec.

We have people from a state that produced Al Franken, Keith Ellison, and Michelle Bachmann ripping on another state? Jesus Christ, it's bizzarro world. Where do you people get the balls?

And people from Minnesota ripping on anyone else's accents? What???? LOL. I will say that most people I've met from Minnesota are much more pleasant that you idiots, though when it comes to accents....I mean seriously. Just stop. I can't.....

I love how stereotyping is perfectly fine, as long as it's a certain group being subject to it. I doubt any of you Minnesooooootans have been too far from your home state before, it's quite obvious you've never been down here. Life exists outside the tundra and ice shacks. Unfortunately I had the displeasure of visiting Minnesota. Nice people....but it was probably the most boring week of my life and definitely the whitest place I've ever been to. I'm not sure I saw someone who didn't resemble Powder. Adolf Hitler would have a wet dream thinking about your state.

Smack talk aside (don't dish it out if you can't take it), should be a good game. Love your football coach.

That's 10 minutes of your life you won't get back.

Whoa, hold on a sec.

Ya sure, you betcha.

getcha another beer.

Looks like you got somethin, your tip up just popped up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"I can't wait to live in Mississippi." - said no one ever. Yes, a little <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> NIT smack talk before tonight's game!</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/448572226959572992">March 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"I can't wait to live in Mississippi." - said no one ever. Yes, a little <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> NIT smack talk before tonight's game!</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/448572226959572992">March 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmmm - Hey honey, let's retire and move NORTH, said nobody. Ever.

Originally Posted by Gold Vision

Lol, out of all the things you could bash Minnesota about, you chose murder/crime rate?? Why don't you start bashing our school systems now too.

You've got a very nice basketball team making a nice postseason run, you should maybe concentrate on that and quit while your ahead.
"you're." I just thought with the back handed "education" comments I'd take the opportunity to provide some.

Toche. A classic error that is pointed out often but seldom corrected. Kind of like Otto Osenieks.

Toche. A classic error that is pointed out often but seldom corrected. Kind of like Otto Osenieks.

WINNER -- someone who gets the point of a message board. Unfortunately there are too many of those who just don't get it. We seem to have more than our share, however. Enjoy the game tonight but I hope those in attendance have a sad drive home :)

Hmmm - Hey honey, let's retire and move NORTH, said nobody. Ever.

Ole: Hey Lena, Now that we made all this money up here in Minnesota, let's pack our carpet bags and move to Mississippi and live for free.
Lena: Mississippi are your serrious Ole?
Ole: No Lena, I'm just mess'in with ya.

Top Bottom