2014 NCAA Tournament Thread: Buzzer Beaters, Bracket Busters & More...

Why oh why is Aaron Craft, far from Ohio State's best offensive player, taking both of its last two shots with the game on the line?

Maybe because the rest of the team needs a heart transplant.

I picked Dayton.

I don't think the Big Ten will get anyone to the Elite Eight other than MSU. The Big Ten really isn't that strong.

Siyani Chambers reminds me of a Richard Pryor line in "Silver Streak": "I have the skill, and I have the nerve."

Chew on this:

Since the turn of the century, Harvard has more wins (2) than Minnesota (1) in the NCAA tourney.

Chew on this:

Since the turn of the century, Harvard has more wins (2) than Minnesota (1) in the NCAA tourney.

Princeton used to be the nerd team you didn't want to draw in the tourney, now it's Harvard.

I picked Dayton.

I don't think the Big Ten will get anyone to the Elite Eight other than MSU. The Big Ten really isn't that strong.

I let OSU's showing against Michigan last week sway me. Fact is, they don't have enough offense and just weren't very good this year, 2nd half against us notwithstanding.

I'm sure there's a huge pay difference, but $$ aside, I wouldn't take the BC job if I were Tommy Amaker.

Aside from money I could seem him wanting redemption to his time at Michigan...you know how these major coaches are...

Aside from money I could seem him wanting redemption to his time at Michigan...you know how these major coaches are...

Maybe, but doing it in the hinterlands of the ACC is not a wise choice.

Seems to me Amaker is well positioned for Duke if Coach K ever hangs em up.

I'm calling Albany as having the worst uniforms in the tournament...so far...

Let em have Tubby and see how those smart pants do!

The one coach who has won a tournament game here in the last 20 years is clearly what has been holding this program back.

Maybe if we didn't cheat in the 90's, we wouldn't have been so handicapped coming into this century.

The one coach who has won a tournament game here in the last 20 years is clearly what has been holding this program back.

Maybe if we didn't cheat in the 90's, we wouldn't have been so handicapped coming into this century.

Party foul.

Their cheating in the 90s is clearly what has crippled Michigan these last few seasons.

This again. Criminy.

Why do we have to pollute these perfectly good threads with this crap? Can't we have an All Things Hand Wringing thread and quarantine all the junk there?

I had both Iowa and Ohio State losing. Have Becky getting beat by the Ducks. MSU in the final 4.

Love how my post is the one drawing ire, and not the one that originally brought up Tubby to take an unnecessary shot.

Their cheating in the 90s is clearly what has crippled Michigan these last few seasons.

I specifically said "coming into this century." I did not say that it is strongly affecting our program currently. BarnBoy's post concerned tournament wins in this century. Didn't we start out this century under sanctions? Not exactly beneficial for getting to the tournament and winning games. Michigan went 14 years between non-vacated tournament appearances, from 1995 to 2009. Last year's national title runner-up team was Michigan's first Sweet Sixteen since 1994. Looks like Michigan has had seasons vacated in both the early and late 90's, and I don't know if or when they were sanctioned, or how bad it was, but from what I can tell, Michigan was a fairly average Big Ten program for most of the 2000s, with their first tournament appearance of the century being in 2009, so it's not like they had a couple seasons vacated, didn't miss a beat and were right back on top again.

Obviously Michigan has been good the last few seasons, and their cheating in the 90's is not really hurting them right now. I am not trying to say that the Clem scandal is what's hurting us now, or saying that Tubby's struggles are because of what Clem did. When looking at the fact that we have only won one tournament game in the 15 seasons from 1999-2000 to the current one, the poster I responded to basically said, "lol we suck because Tubby," and I was merely trying to point out that blaming 15 years of relatively poor performances on a coach who was only here for 6 years doesn't really make sense. Again, the post I quoted implied that our program would have been capable of more than one tournament win this century if only it wasn't for Tubby holding us back, but considering Monson was our coach for a larger portion of this century than Tubby was, and Monson had sanctions to deal with due to the coaching staff before him, blaming the fact that we have one tournament win in the last 15 years on Tubby, is an incomplete assessment of the situation at best. Blaming this fact entirely on Clem is not fair either, and not what I was trying to say.

Geez OSU, way to help the B1G reputation. I'm fine with Iowa and Wisconsin losing early, but everybody else needs to win.

Why oh why is Aaron Craft, far from Ohio State's best offensive player, taking both of its last two shots with the game on the line?

Oh yeah, OSU has REALLY been letting the Big Ten down with all of those Sweet 16s they've been getting to in the past four years. It was such an embarrassment when they made the Final Four a couple of years ago as well :rolleyes:

And the reality is Craft is the player that the OSU coaches trust the most on this team. He is not a very talented offensive player but he is the only guy who gave them a consistent effort all year.

I had both Iowa and Ohio State losing. Have Becky getting beat by the Ducks. MSU in the final 4.

I filled out a bracket on ESPN, and they don't make you pick the play-in games there, so I just had the winner of Iowa/Tennessee losing to UMass in the round of 64, though I understand that UMass is a popular pick to be upset in the first round. I also have Wisconsin losing to Oregon with MSU in the Final Four. It was a tough pick between them and Florida for national champ, but I went with Florida over MSU and then over Louisville in the title game.

NDSU game has been pretty entertaining so far.

Pitt and NC State were the subject of a lot of "they don't belong" talk prior to the conference tourneys. Both sure look like it so far.

I really hope NDSU doesn't win this...their fans are already insufferable enough as it is.

Top Bottom