2014 NCAA Tournament Thread: Buzzer Beaters, Bracket Busters & More...

The first play in game was actually pretty good.

I expect a lot of big east teams to go down early because that conference really is just not that good, they are still running under their old repuation but they are a far cry from the old Big East basketball.

Won't be surprised if both play-in winners (NC State & Iowa-Tennessee winner) win multiple games in the tournament. Would even venture a guess that the Iowa-Tennessee winner will be favored over UMass.

I thought Xavier would take them handily. Maybe the Wolfpack has something going for them.

Can I throw an NIT comment in here? I loved watching Georgetown back in the day, but while watching their NIT game tonight, I never realized how generic and antiseptic their arena looked. Looks like it's staged for CG.

I hope that Iowa loses so I can go to their arena and laugh at the "1st round NCAA" banner that they will have hanging.

And then come home and cry for the NIT champs banner that we'll have.

Crazy stuff going on with McCaffrey. His son had a tumor removed earlier today.

Tennessee held to 26 points in the first half by Iowa's stifling defense. Really sad. Yet they're only down 3.

This would be a pretty epic collapse by iowa the past few weeks if they end up blowing this game. I love it.

This would be a pretty epic collapse by iowa the past few weeks if they end up blowing this game. I love it.

It's amazing how good they were for awhile and how bad they are now.

No defense in this second half. Trading buckets every time down the floor.

Overtime coming up. Devyn Marble wakes up for the final play of the game.

The collapse is complete. Iowa doesn't make the field of 64. Iowa makes our collapse last year look like a minor bump in the road.

Haha, nice "SEC" chant. Do you think it would even enter into the mind of Iowa's (or any other BT team) fans to chant "Big Ten" if they won?

Great to see the Hawkeyes go down. They were really overrated by some earlier this year. Tennessee should have won that game in regulation though, really poor execution in last 30 seconds or so. I thought whoever won this game would have a great chance to win another game. Very interested to see how the Big East and Atlantic 10 do in the tournament. I thought the Big East was really bad (Xavier's performance would lend credence to that opinion) and that the A-10 didn't deserve six bids.

I still think that based on Iowa last 8 games we should have gotten in. But hey its over. Good job Vols. I will be watching the A10 close to see if they deserved it.

Haha, nice "SEC" chant. Do you think it would even enter into the mind of Iowa's (or any other BT team) fans to chant "Big Ten" if they won?

That's the difference we care more about are teams, they care more about their conference brand

The collapse is complete. Iowa doesn't make the field of 64. Iowa makes our collapse last year look like a minor bump in the road.
And now Tenn draws what's the weakest 6 seed in my book with UMass. Think the Vols move on.

I think Becky will fall to the Ducks even though they play in Milwaukee. MSU is the only B1G team that has a chance
to make the Final 4.

I think Becky will fall to the Ducks even though they play in Milwaukee. MSU is the only B1G team that has a chance
to make the Final 4.

I know Bo Ryan's teams never succeed in the tournament, but this is the best team he has had in a long time. I have them in the elite 8 but getting handily beat by Arizona. Arizona really has a cake walk to the final four.

I don't think Oregon or Creighton will give Wiscy any trouble at all.

Top Bottom