QB situation at the U of M - i only go back at far as 1989 but

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your premise is that you can't win with Minnesota QBs that choose to come here? That's a nonsense opinion. As others have said, we haven't won with QBs from any other state that have chosen to come here either.

That would be like UTEP saying that you can't win with Texas QBs. Maybe you can't win with a QB from Texas that is of the caliber where UTEP is their best offer, but that point is nonsense, like yours.

First of all. You can't compare Texas football with Minnesota football at HS level Deke. You're not even close on the apples to oranges concept. I will say it again. The best producing QB's at Minnesota over the past 55 years have been from OUT OF STATE! Why is that so hard for you to understand? Again, look at the list I posted.

First of all. You can't compare Texas football with Minnesota football at HS level Deke. You're not even close on the apples to oranges concept. I will say it again. The best producing QB's at Minnesota over the past 55 years have been from OUT OF STATE! Why is that so hard for you to understand? Again, look at the list I posted.

First of all, the best producing QB was Adam Weber from Minnesota, so you're wrong. I know Texas and Minnesota HS football are not even close to the same level, I was illustrating a point that you are making an incoherent argument.

Deke...Weber was 17-33 in his career at Minnesota. He appeared in 2 bowl games and both were losses. He was QB
when the Gophers got beat by Iowa 55-0. His only signature win was under Jeff Horton in his last game when they defeated Iowa at TCF. I will give you this. He is the all time leader in pass yardage and TD's. Most of this coming off of Brewster's spread offense. His only honor in 4 years was the B1G all freshmen team in 2007.

Deke...Weber was 17-33 in his career at Minnesota. He appeared in 2 bowl games and both were losses. He was QB
when the Gophers got beat by Iowa 55-0. His only signature win was under Jeff Horton in his last game when they defeated Iowa at TCF. I will give you this. He is the all time leader in pass yardage and TD's. Most of this coming off of Brewster's spread offense. His only honor in 4 years was the B1G all freshmen team in 2007.

Yeah, and Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and Archie Manning doesn't. And even if Weber isn't the best QB in the last 55 years, nobody else has been more than marginally better, which means a MN has been about as good as a QB from any other state. Your runaround is boring.

Second team all big ten in 2008. The first time since 1987 for a Gopher QB. Havent had a first team QB since 1938. Ouch.

the forward pass was invented and that ended qb success at the U.

Yeah, and Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and Archie Manning doesn't. And even if Weber isn't the best QB in the last 55 years, nobody else has been more than marginally better, which means a MN has been about as good as a QB from any other state. Your runaround is boring.

Deke.. You're like the guy who keeps on a bad hand.

Ok, let's review. still holding hope that 2014 QB stats can out perfom the lackluster years of 2004 and 1989.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom