All Things Brad Davison Recruitment Thread

When we sign either Wright or Washington are you still going to bitch about this?
Lighten up, Francis. Just poking some fun at Mr. Pitino.

I take it Wright and Washington are both under 50% freethrow shooters. [emoji459]

When we sign either Wright or Washington are you still going to bitch about this?

Why not sign Wright/Washington and Davison? Yes we only technically have 2 scholarships open for mext season, but we all know we are going to have at least 3 openings in 2017, possibly more.

Why not sign Wright/Washington and Davison? Yes we only technically have 2 scholarships open for mext season, but we all know we are going to have at least 3 openings in 2017, possibly more.

We need a post player in that class.

We need a post player in that class.

Yeah, I know. You can sign Wright\Washington, Davison, and Theo. Hell, we may have 3 open 2017 scholarships before fall, depending on what happens with Lynch.

I can't imagine 3 guys that may play some PG would all sign in the same class.

I can't imagine 3 guys that may play some PG would all sign in the same class.

I never said that. I said we should take Wright OR Washington since both are similar players. Davison is more of a combo guard who can play off the ball. I don't envision either Wright or Washington playing much at the two.

I never said that. I said we should take Wright OR Washington since both are similar players. Davison is more of a combo guard who can play off the ball. I don't envision either Wright or Washington playing much at the two.

Sounds good, I just got confused reading your post first. Yeah Wright/Washington and Jon/Sims and one other player(Davison?) would be a good class. I suspect we don't get 3 MN guys for our class. I suspect there will be at least one player from outside the state that we sign. Just that's how things tend to work out.

Yeah, I know. You can sign Wright\Washington, Davison, and Theo. Hell, we may have 3 open 2017 scholarships before fall, depending on what happens with Lynch.

Jericho Sims is going to be the highest rated of the bunch (will be 2nd highest in MN behind Gary Trent Jr). He has to be a take, and from the sounds of it I'll bet he commits soon. Theo John also must be a take, because we need a true post.

If you want Davison, you either need to take him over Wright or find a fourth spot. (There probably WILL be a third and fourth spot by next spring; the question is whether we'd recruit for it now).

Lighten up, Francis. Just poking some fun at Mr. Pitino.

I take it Wright and Washington are both under 50% freethrow shooters. [emoji459]

You do realize the Gophers shot a higher free throw percentage than Wisconsin last year, right?

That's irrelevant to the Gophers, but thanks for sharing.

A stat involving the Gophers is irrelevant to the Gophers?

Wisconsin shot a worse free throw percentage than the Gophers last year, therefore you comment earlier about him shooting below 50% makes no sense. By your logic, Wisconsin shouldn't be recruiting him either because he has too good of a free throw %.

A stat involving the Gophers is irrelevant to the Gophers?

Wisconsin shot a worse free throw percentage than the Gophers last year, therefore you comment earlier about him shooting below 50% makes no sense. By your logic, Wisconsin shouldn't be recruiting him either because he has too good of a free throw %.
My comment is in relation to the players Mr. Pitino has brought in. Who Wisconsin recruits is irrelevant to the Gophers.

My comment is in relation to the players Mr. Pitino has brought in. Who Wisconsin recruits is irrelevant to the Gophers.

Still don't get your point and using free throw percentage to make it. But I wasn't a valedictorian like Nate Mason

You mean players that as a group finished in the top half in the country in free throw % last season?

Tubbys teams were brutal from the line as well. Mbakwe may have been the worse free throw shooter we've had. Its been a problem for a decade +

Tubbys teams were brutal from the line as well. Mbakwe may have been the worse free throw shooter we've had. Its been a problem for a decade +
Agreed. I can't recall the last team that shot well from the line.

Ideally I hope we sign three in the fall, it would balance the classes out in the future and I don't think any of our targets would wait until the spring. The only one who might is Trent Jr and that might just be because he's waiting to see what type of attrition Duke, Kentucky and the likes have with losing guys to the draft, highly doubt we have much of a shot with him. The biggest targets seem to be Wright/Washington for PG Sims as a wing/PF and John for the Post. Thery're all top 150 types which makes me believe they won't wait until the Spring, if we could bring three of those guys into program I think they could really blend in with the guys were bringing this year and with the 3M's

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Add Michigan to Brad's growing list of offers:

Go Gophers!!

Add Michigan to Brad's growing list of offers:

Go Gophers!!

With all the roster carnage we've had over the last few years, are people really holding to the delusion that there won't be offseason movement after this year? If you can sign a highly rated hometown kid like Davidson, you do it. The schollies are going to work out in the end.

We do not want this kid torturing us on a different B10 team for the next 4 years!

Hope we get this kid.

Anyone know if he's playing football his senior year?

Hope we get this kid.

Anyone know if he's playing football his senior year?

Yep, he's playing football again this year, and for those that don't know, he's a standout QB at the HS level. A great all around athlete.

Without rehashing many of the posts in this thread and the 2017 recruiting thread, it baffles me that we aren't recruiting him. His parents run the Maple Grove youth basketball program and I have gotten to know them through this and they wanted him to be recruited by us over the past year, and have been baffled why we basically stopped recruiting him (their words). Brad arguably has the best offer list among the trio of guards often mentioned (Davison, Washington and Wright) and appears to be picking up substantial offers at a quicker rate than the other two. That isn't a definitive correlation to him being the best college prospect nor the best fit for our program, but some very successful programs have offered him, and we appear to be passing on a big opportunity.

I hope we end up with a guard who has a better career than Brad, but it would certainly have been nice to have him as an option, which right now we don't. I hope our coaches have made the right decision with our PG recruitment in this class.

Go Gophers!!

Yep, he's playing football again this year, and for those that don't know, he's a standout QB at the HS level. A great all around athlete.

Without rehashing many of the posts in this thread and the 2017 recruiting thread, it baffles me that we aren't recruiting him. His parents run the Maple Grove youth basketball program and I have gotten to know them through this and they wanted him to be recruited by us over the past year, and have been baffled why we basically stopped recruiting him (their words). Brad arguably has the best offer list among the trio of guards often mentioned (Davison, Washington and Wright) and appears to be picking up substantial offers at a quicker rate than the other two. That isn't a definitive correlation to him being the best college prospect nor the best fit for our program, but some very successful programs have offered him, and we appear to be passing on a big opportunity.

I hope we end up with a guard who has a better career than Brad, but it would certainly have been nice to have him as an option, which right now we don't. I hope our coaches have made the right decision with our PG recruitment in this class.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed, and I agree. Have seen him play both football (vs. Eden Prairie) and basketball, and came away every bit as impressed with his competitiveness as his talent. Really want to see this kid in maroon and gold. In fairness I haven't see the other two play, but I think Davison (like Macura) is a B1G-caliber talent. Hoping the staff isn't putting its eggs in the wrong basket.

I think fit and number of scholarships are more of an issue than talent. I'm sure the coaches like his ability.

Thanks Bleed, and I agree. Have seen him play both football (vs. Eden Prairie) and basketball, and came away every bit as impressed with his competitiveness as his talent. Really want to see this kid in maroon and gold. In fairness I haven't see the other two play, but I think Davison (like Macura) is a B1G-caliber talent. Hoping the staff isn't putting its eggs in the wrong basket.

I haven't seen him this summer but he isn't nearly as skilled as Macura was, as far is fit goes and with limited scholarships I would put more effort into Kalscheur for 2018 than Davison for 2017.

Go Gophers!!

This is depressing. I too have always liked the looks of him, and he's got a high ceiling with additional development. Some program is going to get a very nice guard, and it looks like it won't be us. He could end up being a four-star recruit before it's all over.

I know almost nothing about Davison. Is he athletic? He is listed at 6'1 (I think) but he looks shorter than that. I'm wondering if our staff is concerned about his ability to defend at the next level, if he doesn't have the length and/or athleticism to guard the top PGs in the conference. Like I said, I don't know much about Davison, so I could be way off.

ETA: I guess he's listed at 6'3 in most places. That's pretty good height for a PG.

Top Bottom