All Things Brad Davison Recruitment Thread

I've seen Davison play multiple times. Nobody asked, but IMO he's worthy of a Gopher offer. He's like every other Wisconsin Badger guard that'll just burn you. Great shooter, high basketball IQ, good game manager and distributor, tough mentality, and a team guy.
Oh, and clutch.

How tall is he these days? I really like what I've seen from him, but have always wondered how Pitino would envision him fitting into the press as a point guard. Kinda assume he isn't as quick as Pitino would like, but maybe he could play the 2.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've seen Davison play multiple times. Nobody asked, but IMO he's worthy of a Gopher offer. He's like every other Wisconsin Badger guard that'll just burn you. Great shooter, high basketball IQ, good game manager and distributor, tough mentality, and a team guy.
Oh, and clutch.
Wisconsin guards all great shooters ?A little too much credit for offense. Number nine this season in conference three point shooting and sixth the year before. At times the Badgers offense is a train wreck and has always been that way. Davison seems to be flourishing in the up tempo AAU game. He intrigues me as far as a possible offer.

Wisconsin guards all great shooters ?A little too much credit for offense. Number nine this season in conference three point shooting and sixth the year before. At times the Badgers offense is a train wreck and has always been that way. Davison seems to be flourishing in the up tempo AAU game. He intrigues me as far as a possible offer.

Davison got a Georgia Tech offer yesterday as well. But it is doubtful he will get a Gopher offer as long as McKinley Wright remains in play.

McKinley Wright probably fits Pitino's system better, but I could see Davison burning the Gophers if he goes elsewhere.

He can really play, but you can only take so many guys and this in-state class is absolutely loaded. Not a bad problem to have.

Q&A with Davison:

EM: Shifting a bit to recruiting, can you tell us which schools have offered you?

BD: NC State, UNI, Harvard, Yale, Dayton, Nebraska, Davidson, and lots of others.

EM: Which schools show interest that haven’t yet offered:

BD: Wisconsin, Stanford, Princeton, Pepperdine, and Georgia Tech are schools that I have heard from directly.

EM: Any visits or team camps lined up in the near future?

BD: No, I play football so it makes my schedule very busy in the summer to plan visits. My sister is also getting married in June so that’s another busy factor.

EM: What factors are important to you and your family when making your college decision?

BD: The biggest thing for me is the balance between academics and basketball. Basketball wise, the most important things are our relationship with the coaches and how I fit into the system and players that are there.

http://endlessmotor.net/2016/05/18/getting-to-know-brad-davison/

Go Gophers!!

I'd take that Harvard offer if I was him, an IVY league degree will look good in any profession he chooses.

Harvard and Yale! Nice and hard to turn down.

I'd take that Harvard offer if I was him, an IVY league degree will look good in any profession he chooses.

I wouldn't. Harvard and Yale look good on resume. However, what REALLY matters is where you get your graduate degree. If his grades are good enough for one of those schools, he likely will be able to get into a great grad school. He'll also have the experience of playing big time college basketball and be able to talk about that in interviews/admission projects. Look at the types of jobs former U of MN athletes get out of college, it really helps with getting a job.

I wouldn't. Harvard and Yale look good on resume. However, what REALLY matters is where you get your graduate degree. If his grades are good enough for one of those schools, he likely will be able to get into a great grad school. He'll also have the experience of playing big time college basketball and be able to talk about that in interviews/admission projects. Look at the types of jobs former U of MN athletes get out of college, it really helps with getting a job.
I'm just going off the schools that have offered. Nebraska isn't that good of a school, don't know enough about NC State, but I am sure it has it's good qualities. you can get a great job being a former athlete at the U, especially if you come out of Carlson, but we also have the business population to provide that. You go to Harvard and Yale, they'll still see that you're a D1 athlete an Ivy League institution, that should also help with grad school. If Stanford, the U or GT offer I would look at those schools as well, especially Stanford.

I'd bet this is where Davison will ultimately commit.

Clearly not a good fit for the Gophers. He's gotta get that freethrow percentage down to 50% or lower to be considered. [emoji8]

Clearly not a good fit for the Gophers. He's gotta get that freethrow percentage down to 50% or lower to be considered. [emoji8]
When we sign either Wright or Washington are you still going to bitch about this?

When we sign either Wright or Washington are you still going to bitch about this?

2 open schollies for a bunch of talented local kids. We can't sign everybody. But that won't stop the frenzy of "Pitino sucks" posts. Life on GH, BG

Top Bottom