All Things Gophers Basketball 2017 Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Gary Trent ...Gophs need to find a coach who can keep these type of players from leaving MN.http://t.co/wxWR4oiFS0

Yah, If we don't sign Trent I am going to be ripping Patino for not getting the #1 recruit in the country that WILL be a starter on ANY college team in the country and could potentially be a lottery pick if allowed (sarcasm).

Go Gophers!!

Future150.com ‏@Future150 20h20 hours ago
Learn the name 2017 SF Goanar Mar (MN) . He is at least Big 10 good. Might be Blue Blood special.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

What happened to the Theo John thread?

I said it last year, and I'll say it again. One of the best parts about having the recruiting class filled in prior to the season starting is that we can focus on recruiting for 2017 the entire 2015 season. That seems to have paid off with Hurt and Coffey being highly recruited Gophers that we targeted and got. The Curry was a byproduct of Coffey it seems so that worked out nicely.

Now obviously we ended up scrambling in the fall after all of the defections/players leaving, but there was a period there where it looked like RichCo could just focus on the next year. Gives me renewed hope for Trent, but at a minimum we know we are going to be going after some highly sought after players EARLY in this recruiting cycle which seems to bear some weight in the decision making process.

How many scholarships are we actually going to have for 2017? Lot's of talent and offers out there, but it seems we will only have two scholarships at most.

How many scholarships are we actually going to have for 2017? Lot's of talent and offers out there, but it seems we will only have two scholarships at most.

If no one transfers, only one. Would be surprised if that was the case though.

At this point I only see one, Buggs, things change pretty quickly though, I would be surprised if at least one more doesn't open up.

"Trent, the team is set, we're ready for you. Be our missing peice, come in and win a B1G 10 Championship, be the class of 2017, the first all 5 star recruiting class in Minnesota history"

I'd take that in a heartbeat man.

Guards

Dorsey Jr
Mason Sr
Coffey So

Wings

McBrayer Jr
Gilbert Jr
Fitzgerald Sr
Hurt So

Murphy Jr
Curry So
Gaston Sr
Lynch SR
Konate Sr

Don't pay attention to order/position as obviously these guys play all over

I love that team, everyone should love that team, now add Gary Trent....

From a roster management standpoint I wouldn't be surprised in the least if by the end of this year we have a raw, unheard of big that fits the same mold as Konate/Gaston because as you look at the roster breakdown, 2017 we will have 3 senior post players playing the majority if not all of our minutes. 2018 could be similar to this year with raw, unproven talent, and I don't think we are going to like this eyar.

Theo John is a must for me in 2017. Kid already looks like he could play in the Big Ten. He is going to be a beast defensively in college.

Theo John is a must for me in 2017. Kid already looks like he could play in the Big Ten. He is going to be a beast defensively in college.

Good point there. He could be swayed by being THE GUY his sophomore year as well.

If he wants immediate playing time though, our front line is going to be pretty well stocked in 2017.

Good point there. He could be swayed by being THE GUY his sophomore year as well.

If he wants immediate playing time though, our front line is going to be pretty well stocked in 2017.

In theory yes. If Bakary improves and Reggie Lynch transitions well into the Big Ten their won't be many minutes to be had at Center. Those are unknowns at this point though. Theo could possibly see some time at PF as well but I see him more of a 5 in College.

Word earlier this spring/summer was that the staff was recruiting Theo John as their "future center/front court cornerstone" or something similar to that. I think the staff is putting priority on him and Trent with the mindset that they'll have 2 scholarships if they need 2.

Top Bottom