All Things Gophers Basketball 2017 Recruiting Thread

Washington has some nice NYC sizzle. Solid shot, creates his own off the bounce, looks to dish more than score.

My preferred class right now would be whoever commits first out of Wright/Washington and then Sims and John. I haven't gotten a good vibe from John for a while now and it seems like we aren't after any other true post guys, so my second preference would be Wright+Washington+Sims. We'd probably regret not bringing in a true post player but those three would make quite the class.

My preferred class right now would be whoever commits first out of Wright/Washington and then Sims and John. I haven't gotten a good vibe from John for a while now and it seems like we aren't after any other true post guys, so my second preference would be Wright+Washington+Sims. We'd probably regret not bringing in a true post player but those three would make quite the class.
Wright and Sims would be a good class if we only took two, or Washington and Sims. Next year Thompson, the Cretin guy (Uturu?) Jarvis Thomas, big man up in Esko. There are some good 4/5's next year as well.

Pitino has yet to recruit a Big 10 Freshman Center. At some point, we need to scratch that itch. And if he is going to bring in another project, he needs to do it now, not so that the guy has to learn on the fly again.

We need John, John Thomas!

ESPN top 100 for 2017 is out.

#9 Gary Trent Jr. 5-star
#12 Hamidou Diallo 5-star (We were his first offer by a long shot, offered him months before anyone else, but I assume we don't really have a shot)
#49 Darius Perry 4-star (I never see him mentioned on here, but he has a Gopher offer, PG from Georgia)
#87 Nate Reuvers 4-star

I don't think I saw anyone else either from Minnesota or with a Minnesota offer.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

When do rivals, scout, 247 and anyone else that's better than ESPN update their rankings?

Washington is on campus today for a visit. Also, from the twitter reports, it sounds like he played very well at the NBAPA top 100 camp.

Goddamn that would be nice to get an early signing to get rid of some of this negativity.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A commit would be f-ing awesome. Especially since he hasn't racked up a lot of high profile offers yet.

Looks like 247sports had his visit date wrong. They had down him visiting today.

1st in steals, I'm sure that has Richard fired up. Hope we can get him, we need a PG in the pipeline and he sounds like a very good fit.

This is exactly the reason I have been bearish on Wright coming here. I took some flack for saying it too. Washington is a higher ranked recruit who fits the system Pitino wants to play to a T. I believe that Washington is our main PG target. And he seems to like us too.

162 lbs? Get this young man a sandwich!

Go Gophers!!

162 lbs? Get this young man a sandwich!

I have an extra steak in the freezer but I think giving it to him would be improper benefits from a booster. We don't need the NCAA breathing down our necks again.

None of those teams scare me a lot. Iowa State without Hoiberg is an unknown. Nebraska and Xavier aren't regular powerhouses and Tubby hasn't gotten a Minnesota kid yet.

Perhaps he's seeing what Washington will do. I imagine our courtship ends with the other if one of them commits

None of those teams scare me a lot. Iowa State without Hoiberg is an unknown. Nebraska and Xavier aren't regular powerhouses and Tubby hasn't gotten a Minnesota kid yet.

Xavier not a regular powerhouse? Have played in 14 of the last 16 NCAA tournaments with a couple Elite 8's and 4 Sweet 16's.

Top Bottom